Beauty Industry Job Board
Founded in 2013, Madison Reed is a prestige beauty brand that empowers all women with a revolutionary way to color their hair. Love, Joy, Courage, Responsibility, and Trust. Join a company where we live and breathe these values, from how we treat our customers to our growing team. Madison Reed believes all women should own their beauty, which includes deserving more and living their most brilliant and honest expression of themselves.
Are you always striving to learn new ways to make people feel beautiful and confident? Perfect!
You do everything you can to learn, practice, and take initiative on all things color. You are excited to expand your knowledge and develop a career in beauty and move on to become an amazing colorist.
Who you are:
- You are eager to learn and grow your career as a colorist
- You’re a problem solver who loves to help and work with clients
- You’re a communicator who moves quickly and thoughtfully to make your client’s day
- Excited to assist Colorists with shampoo, blow outs, and keeping the color bar tidy
- Excited to attend brand training and receive one-on-one coaching to help progress to a Colorist
- Cosmetology license required
- Experience and passion for hair color
- Sales proficiency is highly preferred
- At least one year working in beauty service/salon/spa experience
- Track record in providing over-the-top, amazing customer service
- Able to handle several situations at once with poise and confidence
- Technologically savvy
- Hourly + Tips + Commissions
Harper Paige Salon is seeking fresh new talent to join our team as assistants/apprentices for our San Francisco and Oakland locations. Find inspiration and finesse your own technique working in our salon and through our assistant education program!
We’re looking for licensed cosmetologists or cosmetology students who are graduating soon.
Part of your employment will include continuing education with some of the best in the business.
Send us your resume with a little bit about yourself. Please include names of three style icons that inspire you!
- Cosmetology license or upcoming graduation date
- Friendly, focused and ready to learn
- Ready to work in a fast-paced environment
- $15 per hour plus tips and training
Harper Paige Salon
San Francisco; Oakland
We are an established San Francisco medical spa seeking an energetic medical esthetician who is experienced in chemical peels, microdermabrasion, micro-needling, and cool sculpting.
We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service in patient care and, therefore, are looking for a well organized, high-energy individual with exceptional communication skills.
This position will include evenings and weekends.
- One year experience working in a medical office as an esthetician
- Experience in a customer service, sales and medical environment is required
- Knowledge of medical skin care products and procedures
- Discretion, integrity, and loyalty are a must
- California Esthetician License required
- $25 to $30 per hour
- Product sales commission
- Complimentary procedures
- Compensation for continuing medical education
Skin Medical Spa
1825 Union Street; San Francisco, California
Robert Colvin, MD
Paid Internship — Part Time
- Looking for a licensed cosmetologist to assist with shampoos, glosses, and blowouts three days a week.
- Cosmetology License
- $15 per hour
SF Color Collective
1808 Union Street; San Francisco, CA 94123
Brogan and Son is a busy downtown barbershop located in the Financial District of San Francisco. We provide a classic barbershop feel where our clients can relax and experience luxury without stiffness.
Brogan and Son is interested in licensed barbers and cosmetologists. We are looking for motivated professionals with a passion for mens’ cuts and styles, possessing clipper and scissor skills. Full and Part time positions are available with flexible hours and weekends off.
We are at street level with heavy foot traffic, and provide the opportunity to quickly build and grow a client base.
Please email a resume or stop by to drop it off.
- California State License or equivalent or you have a State Board date.
- To be discussed.
Brogan and Son
425 Battery Street; San Francisco, California
Priscilla(415) 368-7030; firstname.lastname@example.org
The hair stylist is the most important position in the system. We are very proud of our hair stylists and we believe that our hair stylists are the best in the business. The certification our hair stylists receive at the end of Hair Stylist Academy (HSA) represents our promise to the public that each and every hair stylist we employ is a fully trained, highly competent professional.
The hair stylist is responsible for serving customers in a friendly, professional way, understanding that customers and their satisfaction are of the utmost importance. The hair stylist will accomplish this by following the principles for customer service, utilizing Supercuts technique effectively, creatively, and with efficiency. Utilizing consultation procedures to ensure that every customer’s expectations are exceeded is part of the commitment a stylist makes when becoming an employee.
- Provide quality haircuts by consulting with customers and using Supercuts technique.
- Educate customers and recommend products to help customers maintain their hairstyle between store visits.
- Follow Staff Appearance Standards.
- Maintain current cosmetology or barber’s license.
- Attend all required technical training sessions.
- Perform receptionist’s duties when no receptionist is available.
- $25 per hour, not including salon bonuses, continuing education training, and other great benefits.
Fremont Street, San Francisco, California
Salma El-Azem(510) 660-0028
- Team Belli Capelli is seeking a new member to join a talented, passionate group of salon professionals. We welcome individuals pursuing a career dedicated to their craft and guests. We provide support in all areas of your education and growth. Come visit our salon, we would love to meet you!
- California license or preparing for State Board.
- Arrive early to work
- Customer service driven; love retail
- Aveda mission aligned
- Hourly rate, commission, and benefits
Belli Capelli Salon
1728 Divisadero Street; San Francisco, California
Mary Courtneybellicapellisf@gmail.com (415) 346-4100
Atelier Emmanuel is a thriving hair salon in downtown San Francisco, right across from the Cinta Aveda Institute! Assistants in our salon participate in an apprenticeship program which includes weekly education. We help you develop a menu of services with an eye towards building your own clientele and graduating to a junior stylist position.
We are looking for someone willing to learn, mature, and ready to become a professional. Our environment emphasizes collaboration, professionalism, and authenticity. We discourage pettiness and drama.
- Diverse and growing clientele
- Strong local and hotel reputation: check us out on Yelp and Facebook
- Prime San Francisco location
- Weekly Training
- Health Care
We seek apprentices who are:
- Professional, with excellent presentation
- Ready to invest the time necessary to become a skilled stylist/colorist
- Willing to work and be both passionate and focused
- Able to work Saturdays
- Able to attend Monday Trainings
- Studious and able to accept feedback
- $15 per hour to start
We are Eco friendly, artsy, and a fun salon, looking for a part time or full time stylist.
- Monthly rates
- Walkable, busy neighborhood.
- Be your own boss with plenty of perks.
- Two weeks free vacation time in a twelve month period.
- Towels, answering service, wifi, Aveda back bar, and color product provided.
- Aveda education.
- Scheduling system...your own key!
Our ideal person is a Licensed hairstylists/nail techs, who are creative, environmentally conscious, reliable, energetic, individuals who are responsible, considerate, professional, clean and want to work in a creative, easy going environment with other industry professionals. Aveda product knowledge a plus, or a willingness to learn. Some clientele also a plus.
Feel free to set up a trial day before joining our team.
- Dependent on the stylist
2610 Adams Avenue, San Diego, California
- Instagram: @monalizzys or Facebook: Mona Lizzy’s Art Studio
We strongly believe Spa and Salon Professionals should spend their time at work doing what they love, so your job duties will include performing quality body services. That’s it. No toilet scrubbing, reception duties, “marketing” yourself, or counting inventory.
We provide all tools and equipment, including implements and product. You will never be charged arbitrary fees for supplies or “redos.”
We won’t throw you to the wolves. All employees are trained in our service protocols, so you’ll never feel lost or unprepared.
We follow the law and contribute to our employees’ taxes like all good employers should. Our employees are just that—employees. That means no 1099’s!
We support your continued professional development by holding quarterly technical workshops—and, yes, you’ll be paid to participate.
How important is skill level/experience? Not crazy important. We provide every employee with extensive training to ensure mastery of our service protocols, so we greatly prioritize hard-working applicants with positive attitudes, regardless of their skill level.
Check out our website to get a feel for our spa. If you think we might be right for you, please email us at the address located below. Be sure to attach your resume, as applications lacking them won’t be considered. We will contact you within two business days to schedule an interview.
We hope to hear from you soon.
- This is a weekends required position from 10am – 6pm.
- How many years of massage therapist experience do you have?
- Are you in Napa, California?
- Do you have the following license or certification: CAMTC?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Massage Therapist?
- Are you authorized to work in the United States?
- $35–$70 per hour
Blue Water Day Spa
Client Care Administrator — Full Time
SkinSpirit Skincare Clinic & Spa is a medically supervised practice that is leading edge and growing. Since opening in 2003, SkinSpirit has grown into the top destination for aesthetic skin and body care with eight locations in California and Washington.
Owned and supervised by a Stanford-trained, board-certified plastic surgeon, we offer the best of both worlds: cutting-edge technology and a luxurious spa-like setting. We offer skincare procedures (including Botox, Restylane, Voluma, Kybella, Ulthera, laser hair removal, and laser resurfacing), and medical grade facial treatments with Clinical Aestheticians/MAs.
- Provide excellent client care and customer service
- Answer and screen high volume of inbound phone calls
- Provide information and answers to service and product inquiries
- Accurately complete client transactions
- Manage appointments (scheduling, moving, and canceling appointments)
- Manage multiple responsibilities while maintaining composure, always keeping clients priority
- Perform opening and closing duties of the clinic
- Ability to problem solve in a face-paced environment
- Other projects and responsibilities assigned by clinic manager
- Associate’s degree; or at least one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Must be a team player
- Knowledge of: Internet, Word, Excel, Outlook and the ability to learn new software quickly
- Excellent, written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload in order to complete assignments
- Consistently demonstrates good judgment, strong character and personality, ethics, and high standards of performance
- Must be available to work Saturdays, Sundays and evenings
- Experience in medical office / understanding of cosmetic procedures / skin care products / Korvue or other POS systems preferred but not required.
$20+ per hour, based on experience.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes generous employee discounts, Friends & Family discounts and a beautiful working environment with a stellar team. We also offer paid holidays and 401k. For full time employees we offer Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance.
SkinSpirit - Skin + Body | Clinic + Spa
3325 Sacramento Street, San Francisco CA 94118
Results-oriented day spa in downtown Livermore seeking passionate skin care and body workers.
Our estheticians provide facials, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, and ultrasonic treatments, as well as face and body waxing and retailing homecare products. We carry Image, Yon-ka, and Revision skincare. We are looking for friendly and reliable estheticians who are comfortable multi-tasking and providing personalized treatments.
We are also looking for a skilled Massage Therapist trained in Swedish, Therapeutic, and Deep Tissue—prenatal and hot stones are a plus. For this position, we are seeking someone intuitive with great listening skills.
- Licensed Esthetician and/or Certified Massage Therapist. Dual therapists are also encouraged to apply!
- Esthetician: competitive hourly plus sales commission, generous employee discount on products and services.
- Massage Therapist: commission split on services plus generous employee discount on products and services.
Affinity Day Spa
Krista Beanaffinityd@att.net. Please include a cover letter detailing your availability, why you think you’d be a good match, and why you got into your field. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Our growing, five-star salon in the Lower Haight neighborhood of San Francisco is seeking a highly motivated Front Desk Professional who genuinely engages with our clients and provide excellent service.
Hector Estrada is an educationally based salon. Each of our stylists regularly attend training in house. That keeps Hector Estrada Salon at the forefront of growing and developing our team so our clients can rely on consistent, creative, and attentive service. By learning the most up-to-date trends and services from industry leaders, our team is trained to deliver a style and an experience that brings out the best in people.
If this sound like something you would enjoy doing email us.
What You’ll Do
- Deliver the utmost customer experience through a friendly and genuine connection
- Effectively schedule service appointments in-house and on the phone
- POS operations and cash management
- Hector Estrada product recommendations and experience-based sales
- Maintain a welcoming and tidy salon with an immaculately stocked retail area
- Train and assist new team members
- Inventory management and data-driven product ordering
- Resolve challenges with a calm demeanor
- Find new ways to improve operational efficiency
Who Are You? You are a “people” person, who acts with minimal directions, and continuously finds ways to work effectively while meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Over the top customer experience
- Effective communicator
- Time management master
- A self-starter and problem-solver
- A “we” person who believes in team effort
If you checked all these skills we can’t wait to meet you!
- $17 per hour plus 10 to 20% off retail products.
Hector Estrada Salon
142 Fillmore Street, San Francisco, CA 94117
Megan Agosto, Salon Managermegan@hectorestrada.com or (415) 710-2134.
Salon Assistant — Full Time
Hector Estrada Salon, a thriving, 5-star salon (Yelp) in the charming Lower Haight neighborhood, is now accepting applications for a full-time salon assistant.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in your career among a team of talented stylists. We take great pride in our work space, our craft, and our responsibility in creating a unique and memorable service experience. The salon is our second home and we strive to treat it with care and respect, as we do our clients and each other.
Our clientele is diverse, international, and sophisticated, from all walks of life, residing within and beyond the Bay Area. Further, we proudly feature the Hector Estrada brand of hair products personally developed by Hector, our co-founder and creative director, as well as the Oribe Haircare Line. We offer regular styling and product knowledge courses for our stylists and assistants.
In addition to assisting stylists with hair cutting, coloring, and styling services, you will participate in supporting salon operations — including greeting guests, beverage service, overall salon maintenance, reception service, and product sales.
You will receive in salon training in Hector’s High Fashion Hair Design classes once a week as a courtesy of your role on our team of salon professionals.
- A valid California State Cosmetology License
- An enthusiasm and passion for hair and hair care
- A team-oriented approach and work ethic
- An absolute “zero drama” mentality, with a desire to join a supportive working environment
- Superior communication skills
- An interest in learning about the latest in hair care products
- Ideally, experience in product sales
- Willingness to learn and perform front desk/reception service
- A desire and openness to learning new cutting and coloring techniques
- The salon assistant position available is full time at $15 per hour plus a 10 to 20% commission on product sales, with occasional overtime.
Hector Estrada Salon
142 Fillmore Street, San Francisco, CA 94117
Megan Agostomegan@hectorestrada.com Important: Please reply with a cover letter telling us why you would like to join our team, along with your resume. We can only respond to applicants who send a cover letter and resume. Thank you for understanding — we will carefully review every application.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact us. And do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
The Beauty Advisor is a critical role on the sales floor as he/she is on the front line and the direct link between the Product and the Customer. DFS Beauty Advisors deliver a seamless customer experience as exceptional people delivering an exceptional product, building customer loyalty and relationships while delivering sales and productivity targets. The role of the Beauty Advisor is to adhere to and achieve high quality of retailing standards. The Beauty Advisor will act as a representative of DFS and will strive for maximum sales results and excellent quality of customer service.
- Provide high quality customer service.
- Achieve and exceed sales targets.
- Quickly and accurately ring and process sales transactions in accordance with company cash handling procedures as well as Customs policies and procedures.
- Perform various non-selling duties—receiving merchandise, housekeeping, inventory control, and prices changes
This position requires open availability and flexible scheduling between 6:00 a.m. opening to 12:30 a.m. closing shifts.
- Ability to communicate effectively to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- One to two years of retail experience with accurate and quick transaction handling.
- Must be available to work during store operating hours of 6:00 a.m. — 12:30 a.m.
- Bilingual in Mandarin and English preferred.
Starting at $17.00 per hour + commission incentives of 2-4%
- Full-time position
- Medical, dental, vision provided
- 401k retirement
- 25% employee discount
- Exciting, fast-paced working environment at the SFO Airport
SFO International Airport
Freelance Sales — Part Time
Farmer cultivated + scientist activated. We use cutting-edge science to harness the healing powers of ingredients found in nature. The result is farm-to-face skincare products that live up to their full potency and potential through clean, thoughtful formulas.
We are seeking part-time freelance sales support to work throughout Sephora’s in the San Francisco Bay Area and San Jose. These talented sales-driven professionals provide mini facials and education to clients and team members.
- Provide exceptional customer/client experience
- Perform mini facials
- Be goal oriented
- Depends on experience; industry competitive
Inside Sephora’s in the San Francisco Bay Area and San Jose
Talented Barber needed for busy San Francisco Barbershop. Are your skills worthy for one of the Top Barbershops in San Francisco?
If you are interested please take a look at thebarberhood.com.
- In our Barbershop your work ethic and being supportive team member is as important as your skills. So if you got the skills but, most importantly, the right attitude, then we would love to meet you.
Booth rent. No percentage—you make it, you keep it.
The Barberhood is in high foot traffic location great for building new clientele.
5242 Mission Street; San Francisco, CA 94112
We’re looking for volunteers to provide services to our low income seniors at our East Bay day centers in Berkeley, Oakland, San Leandro and Richmond.
All types of services are sought after and your support leave a lasting impact with our participants.
- All we require is a positive attitude and a desire to engage with our senior population.
- The Center for Elder’s Independence is a non-profit 501(c)(3). This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity.
Center for Elders’ Independence
Berkeley; Oakland; San Leandro; Richmond
- Come have some fun and make a difference in the lives of our community members!
AYA Salon is a very creative and fun environment. We are a Salon, Spa, and Art Gallery.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Answering multiple phone lines in a friendly, articulate, and consistent manner
- Educating and selling products and services
- Booking and coordinating appointments accurately
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Provide beverage service to guests – tea & water
- Keep work environment clean at all times
- Opening/closing procedures
- Makeup finishing touches
- Hand/Arm massages
This position requires a very quick and organized mind, and lots of energy and enthusiasm. Attention to detail is a must, ability to multi-task as well as remain calm, graceful, and friendly under pressure. Friendly and supportive attitude with great work ethic. Must be pro-active, punctual, responsible, and highly organized.
- Please have a solid understanding of high-end customer service. Previous salon/spa experience is helpful but not required.
- Competitive pay rate
- Opportunities and education to grow within the company
- Supportive team environment
- Benefits for FT employees, health insurance, 401k plan
- Salon hair services are free
- Generous product discounts
- Other non-traditional benefits
- Resonance Spa and Wellness is seeking concierge and sales associates. This very important position involves interacting with spa guests and facilitating their entire spa experience. We offer our guests the highest level of customer service and our concierge staff are eager to anticipate and accommodate our guests’ needs.
- Knowledge of holistic health and healing modalities
- Knowledge and experience with POS booking system such as Spa Booker, Millennium, etc.
- Friendly and enjoys working with people
- Team player
- Hard working, willing to pitch in and help in any way needed
- $18 to $22 per hour plus commissions on product sales
Resonance Spa and Wellness
Corte Madera, California
Gia DiMatteogia@resonancemarin.com; (415) 246-7819
- Resonance Spa and Wellness is seeking estheticians who are passionate about holistic skincare. We are offering full and part-time positions in our beautiful facility which features the very best in completely non-toxic luxury skincare products and services. Technologies include: HydraFacial, Luzern O2 Facial, Microcurrent, Gua Sha, and Facial Acupuncture Renewal.
- Two years licensed preferred, but not required
- Experience in a spa preferred, but not essential.
- Knowledge of holistic skincare and non-toxic skincare products
- Passion for learning new things
- Passion for educating others
- $22 per hour plus commission on service and sales
Resonance Spa and Wellness
Corte Madera, California
Gia DiMatteogia@resonancemarin.com; (415) 246-7819
- We are looking to fill these positions in the next two weeks.
Salon Receptionist — Part Time
Part-time receptionist. Wednesday & Friday, 3 p.m. to closing; also Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Greet clients.
- Answer phones, schedule client and manage appointments on salon program.
- Retail Sales.
- Balance Daily Sales.
- Keep salon & backroom tidy and other light salon duties.
- Self starter
- Great customer service skills
- Multi tasker
- Problem solver
- Basic computer knoweldge
- $13.00 per hour
At The Top Gallery & Salon
Mill Valley, California
Liane or Jimmythetopsalon@hotmail.com or (415) 381-3707
Receptionist — Part Time
Madison Reed is thrilled to be looking for a talented individual, who both loves coloring hair and interacting with customers. This dynamic role is based in our Corte Madera Color Bar and on a part-time basis.
- Greet, assist, accommodate, and escort all clients and visitors with a courteous joyful nature. Guest check-in with our booking software.
- Provide the highest level of customer service, including responding to email and phone inquiries for this location.
- Communicate and engage clients with post-service options with Madison Reed, including products sales, booking future appointments, and online subscriptions.
- Field both internal and external general questions and inquiries.
- Assist with general office duties including filing and helping out on special projects as needed.
- Cosmetology license preferred but not required.
- Cosmetology students encouraged.
- Experience and passion for hair color; sales proficiency is highly preferred.
- Previous beauty service/salon/spa experience.
- Track record in providing over-the-top, amazing customer service.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Able to handle several situations at once with poise and confidence.
- Extremely organized and have strong attention to detail.
- Ability to execute quickly and effectively.
- Technologically savvy.
- Retail experience preferred but not mandatory.
- This role reports to the Salon Manager.
- Hourly + Commission on products sold.
Corte Madera, California
- Looking for a part time esthetician to grow with us! We are located in the financial district.
- Will be great to hvae at least one year’s experience but will train the right person. Have to be comfortable with consultations and recommending skincare regime to clients.
- Commission based on treatments and retail sales.
Financial District, San Francisco, California
Are you looking for a flexible role with a hot new skincare start-up? Then Proven needs you!
We are looking for one to two exceptional Estheticians to come on board and work with our super talented team. You’ll be fully trained by Joshua, our amazing Lead Esthetician, and you will also receive your very own personalized products to try.
Hours: Flexible schedule, approx. 10-20 hours per week (you choose the right amount). Remote okay
What You’ll Do:
- Perform 15 minute consultations via phone or video with our customers
- Introduce customers to their customized skincare set with insightful product recommendations and provide tips on getting the most out of their regimen
- Liaise with our customer and marketing teams on customer feedback, product development and general communication with our teams
An exceptional manner - listen, learn, and a true passion for helping our customers achieve their best skin
1+ years experience with clients
Minimum basic computer knowledge
Stable Wifi connection, computer and phone required
Will need an approved area or office to do 1-2-1 video consultations
- Hourly rate $25, negotiable after 3 months.
Proven Skin Care
Joshjosh@provenskincare.com; Please email your resume.
Proven is a new type of skincare company, launched in October 2018. YC-18, pre-series A with a killer Exec Team. Our mission is to revolutionize an industry that has fallen asleep at the wheel. If you are obsessed with delivering an amazing customer experience, then we’d love you to come join us.
Barrow is a high-end, vibrant salon in Union Square. We are seeking a stylish, hardworking, and reliable Assistant/Cutting Apprentice.
Assistants working at Barrow participate in our weekly cutting apprentice program. We are extremely focused on providing our team with exceptional educational opportunities and training in addition to the weekly program.
Assisting/apprenticing experience is not required for this opening, however it is appreciated. We are willing to train a candidate that is eager to learn and grow with us.
Come in and meet us! Stop by with a resume or forward resumes to the given email address. Keep in mind emailed resumes that include links to social media go to the top of the pile. Stopping by with a resume is a plus.
We look forward to meeting you!
- Personable and friendly attitude
- Ability to multitask
- Remain collected and detail oriented in busy salon environment
- Minimum wage
256 Sutter St, 4th floor; San Francisco, California
Junior Stylist — Part Time
Hairfax Studio is looking forward to welcoming our newest junior hairstylist. We offer both a two year apprentice training program or, for those newly graduated from beauty school, we have an exclusive training program that will lay the foundation for a successful career. This position will begin part-time and grow to full time. We are also looking for hair stylists with one to three years of previous training.
Located in the very desirable tour of Fairfax, we are 6+ years in the business and are very busy! We are fun, creative, and nurturing. Our clients are loyal and business is booming.
Exclusively ammonia free, we work with high-end products. We have a clean and green environment that cares for the health of the hairstyles and the hair. We love what we do, are hard working, and super fun!
Stylists & Colorists
We are seeking full-time Stylists and Colorists to join the upcoming advanced education program at JUUT in Palo Alto, California.
This is a permanent, full-time position at JUUT Salonspa - the original AVEDA salon — which offers an advanced education program, including ongoing education, excellent employee benefits, and an opportunity to become an expert in color and chemical services.
We offer a guarantee of minimum wage plus gratuities while in the advanced education program. After completing the advanced education program, Stylists and Colorists are eligible to earn service and retail commission.
Stylists and Colorists have an opportunity to grow exponentially in their careers at JUUT. Work with others at JUUT who are passionate and highly-skilled in cutting and styling and color and chemical services! In addition, Stylists and Colorists have the opportunity to become certified in:
- Hair Extensions
- Smoothing Treatments & Perms
- Clear Glossing
- Updos and Styling
We are seeking artists who are:
- Committed to Daymaking.
- Motivated to build their business.
- Passionate about on-going education.
- Able to provide excellent guest care in a high-end salon environment.
- Licensed California Cosmetologists (at time of hire).
We celebrate individuality. JUUT Salonspa is an inclusive environment. To learn more or to apply, visit our careers page.
- Paid training program, comprehensive benefits including 401k and paid time off, continuing education, competitive service, and retail commission.
Hi there. We’re looking for an amazing esthetician to join our startup skincare company.
Haldi is transforming the way women discover and shop for skincare online. We use data to create personalized routines based on clients’ skin, preferences, and budgets (like Stitch Fix meets Sephora). Instead of navigating aisles of skincare or spending hours reading reviews, women (and men too) fill out an easy quiz, get matched with products from trusted brands, and shop them directly from Haldi’s website.
We’re looking for an esthetician to manage our Customer Experience. It’s an exceptional opportunity where you can combine a passion for beauty/skincare and grow operational skills that are widely applicable at technology companies, startups, and fast growing companies.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Curating and reviewing skincare products to add to our recommended collection
- Reviewing client skin assessments and creating custom skincare routines
- Answering client communications (we geek out over these questions, which range from why you need a cleanser, to what ingredients don’t go well together)
- Managing order fulfillment
- Please note that this role is not for in person services. All recommendations and routines are delivered via our website and platform
- Two+ years of work experience as an esthetician
- Have a passion for skincare and love the idea of helping women discover the right routine
- Have great communication skills, including over email and text — this is critical
- Have a bias for action and believe that no task is too small
- $22 an hour contract to start, with opportunity to convert to full time at a competitive salary.
San Francisco, California
Julia Huang (co-founder)
Are you an enthusiastic person looking to take the next step in your career to develop professionally? Are you looking for a thriving organization to plant roots within? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for you! We are an empowering leader within the beauty industry who is seeking to fill a esthetician position within our store. Our company has an immediate opening for a esthetician to work in our Alameda location. We are an all-natural bath, body, and skin care company. This is an exciting opportunity for those who enjoy health, education, and a great work environment.
Sumbody Day Spa in Alameda has been in business for over 16 years and consistently wins the best of day spa in Alameda year after year, making us a beloved and busy local spa.
- Certified with 500 hours or more
- Create the ultimate client experience
- Able to handle asks duties i.e chores, filling out client’s intake
- Able to problem solve
- Strong co-worker relation skills
- Ability to work evenings & weekends
- Reliable transportation
- This is a commission-based position. Additional benefits include 50% off product purchases, reduced cost of services for you and immediate family members.
1350 Park Street; Alameda, CA, 94501
Shalissa(510) 523-2639; email: email@example.com
f you would like to be considered for this job, you must send in the body of your email (no attachments!): Job history (please include length of stay at each job, supervisor contact); phone contact; days and times available to work; any other information you would like to be considered.
- Work with a talented and motivated team of stylists across two salons who will work closely with you to prepare you for your own chair. Continued education offered in house. Four to five day schedules available.
- Drive, motivated, you must be nearing the end of your education.
- Hourly rate plus commission on products.
Christopher Salon & Home
Tiburon; Mill Valley
Natasha(415) 435-0111; firstname.lastname@example.org
Hair Salon Manager
- We are an up-scale hair salon located in downtown Ross. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the beauty industry and stellar customer service. We are looking for someone who can support our team fully and drive revenue. Someone who can build positive, professional client relationships and loyalty. We also are looking for someone who thrives in a group setting and enjoys managing. This position is 30-35 hours a week.
- Experience in customer service and the beauty industry.
- $39,000 to $50,000.
Ross in Marin County, California
D & O Salon located in Mill Valley is currently on the search for fresh talent to join our apprenticeship program. Here at D&O, we take great pride in bringing our clients the highest level of customer service, product education, and personal attention. We are a full service hair salon that also offers the opportunity to further expand your education.
The ideal candidate for the position is:
- Dependable & punctual
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong interest in the beauty industry
- Provide consistent and professional customer service while following proper protocol as directed by the state board of barbering and cosmetology
- Must possess complete knowledge of all services and products offered
- Maintain a clean and organized work space
- Actively promotes add on services and retail as well as programs and promotions
- Regularly attend/participate in ongoing training to continue to be knowledgeable about current trends
- Strong accountability for retail sales and promotions
- Must currently hold and maintain state Board of Cosmetology license in the state of California.
- Must have enthusiasm for providing excellent client care
- Professional and prompt communication skills
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing demeanor
- Must have the ability to diffuse difficult situations with tact and efficiency
- Proactive in anticipating client needs
- $12 per hour + tips
Mill Valley, California