Beauty Industry Job Board
Licensed Color Artist
Marisa Cha or Marie Sonza650-758-6303
Brand new Aveda salon in the North of the Panhandle area is now hiring. This is a huge opportunity for an eager stylist. You will be:
- Taking walk-in clients
- Helping assist senior stylist
- Help with front desk
- Learning a ton!
- California cosmetology license
- Hard working
- Willing to learn
Monarch Salon SF
1714 Hayes Street; San Francisco, California
Are you passionate about providing outstanding customer service while being a brand ambassador representing all things Color Bar? So are we!
As the Madison Reed Color Bar receptionist, you will be responsible for ensuring the client experience is executed from entrance to exit. The Color Bar Receptionist is a “daymaker” in every aspect of the client experience.
There is an opportunity to grow into Assistant Colorist position once licensed.
What You’ll Do
- Greet and conduct guest check-in, greeting all visitors in a professional manner.
- Respond to client inquiries via email and phone for this location.
- Engage with clients related to Madison Reed Color Bar post-service options including, but not limited to, products sales, future appointments, and online subscriptions.
- Assist with administrative tasks and special projects on an as needed basis.
- Availability to work Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays as needed.
Who We Are
Founded in 2013, Madison Reed is a prestige beauty brand that empowers all women with a revolutionary way to color their hair. Love, Joy, Courage, Responsibility, and Trust. Join a company where we live and breathe these values, from how we treat our customers to our growing team. Madison Reed believes all women should own their beauty, which includes deserving more and living their most brilliant and honest expression of themselves.
Madison Reed is revolutionizing the $50 billion hair care industry by making personal care more personal and by offering best-in-class products formulated under strict standards that truly raise the bar. Our deep commitment to the “client” experience paired with our dedication to technology and product innovation has fostered an extremely dedicated, consistently-growing fan base.
What you will need:
- One or more years of experience, preferably in a retail or salon environment.
- Cosmetology licence a plus.
- Outstanding communication, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Possess organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Computer skills, Point of Sale system experience highly desired.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee will regularly stand/walk for four consecutive hours or more at a time; regularly bend and twist at the waist, manipulate fingers and hands, bend wrists and arms, reach with hands and arms, speak, see, hear, and lift/move up to 3 pounds. May on occasion sit, kneel, stoop, crouch, and lift/push/pull up to 20 pounds.
- Hourly base + product commissions
Corte Madera, California
Desiree Foughtdesiree@madison-reed.com. Please send your resume and why you’d be a great fit for this position.
Perfect job for an Esthetician in school wanting an entry opportunity to a highly professional, yet friendly, and fun, beautiful, fast-growing, one-of-a-kind medical spa in Menlo Park/Atherton. Extensive training in skin science and the aesthetics and participation at staff meetings is provided regularly. Must be enthusiastic and appreciate the potential to succeed and prove a good match for our Team by the ability to get along with others - a real people person based upon being a compassionate, trustworthy, loyal person with excellent work ethic and a high level of responsibility. Very positive reliable hard-working attitude necessary.
Must have a professional, polished appearance and take pride in a healthy active lifestyle. We represent what we present to clients and patients with integrity. Presentation must be consistent, well groomed, and pulled together daily in appropriate business attire only. Positive, upbeat, compassionate, and polite individual must genuinely care about the service and experience of our clients and patients. We are a close knit Team and leave drama out of our environment to provide a trusting environment where we can feel confident and supported by each other.
Hours are 11am–7pm Tuesday thru Friday and 9am–5pm on Saturdays
- Greet and take care of clients/patients in a professional manner
- Answer all telephone calls, text messages, and other platforms
- Schedule appointments, manage calendar, room and esthetician assignments
- Assist Current Front Desk/Administrative Support Manager with miscellaneous responsibilities such as setting up and turning over treatment rooms (changing sheets, towels, clean up), supplies, and other items
- Organize and put away clean laundry, supplies, products
- Keep kitchen, lounge and conference rooms, and other common areas neat and tidy
- Communicate with Team about any changes or daily operations information as noted
- Additional miscellaneous tasks and errands as needed
Experience: Front Desk 1 year (Preferred)
Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 per hour
Excellent Benefits - Medical, Paid Time Off, Substantial Bonuses based on Performance, perks such as services, and more.
Total Glow Medical Spa
- Please submit your resume with a cover letter letting us know why you are in the industry and why you would make a great addition to our team. We’d love to know you and your passions in life. We look forward to hearing from you!
Front Desk Professional
Our five-star salon in the Lower Haight neighborhood of San Francisco is seeking a highly motivated Front Desk Professional who genuinely engages with our clients and provides excellent service.
Hector Estrada is an educationally based salon. Each of our stylists regularly attend training in house. That keeps Hector Estrada Salon at the forefront of growing and developing our team so our clients can rely on consistent, creative, and attentive service. By learning the most up-to-date trends and services from industry leaders, our team is trained to deliver a style and an experience that brings out the best in people.
If this sound like something you would enjoy doing email us!
Who are you? You are a “people” person, who acts with minimal directions, and continuously finds ways to work effectively while meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Over the top customer experience
- Effective communicator
- Time management master
- A self-starter and problem-solver
- A “we” person who believes in team effort
If you checked all these skills we can’t wait to meet you!
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver the utmost customer experience through a friendly and genuine connection
- Effectively schedule service appointments in-house and on the phone
- POS operations and cash management
- Hector Estrada product recommendations and experience-based sales
- Maintain a welcoming and tidy salon with an immaculately stocked retail area
- Train and assist new team members
- Inventory management and data-driven product ordering
- Resolve challenges with a calm demeanor
- Find new ways to improve operational efficiency
- $17+ depending on experience
Hector Estrada Studio
142 Fillmore Street; San Francisco, CA 94117
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster. Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Front Desk Coordinator
The Pretty Pretty Collective is an upscale hair salon in the heart of the Mission District. We are looking to hire part-time and full-time front desk salon coordinators that can work a flexible schedule for weekends and weekdays. Previous salon experience preferred.
Typical duties and responsibilities of the job include:
- Greeting customers as they arrive at the salon and making sure they feel they feel comfortable if waiting for an appointment, deal with their enquiries, and book salon appointments
- Getting refreshments for customers as they wait for their hairdressing appointment
- Answering the phones and dealing with subsequent enquiries and bookings
- The receptionist will need to invest time in understanding the different services available and the various hair care products for sale within the salon so that they can give useful advice to customers and ultimately sell them retail hair care products and services
- Expected to ensure that front of salon hair product displays are properly stocked and look appealing.
- Scheduling appointments for the hair stylists
- Sending out reminder texts, emails, and calls to customers regarding up and coming booked appointments
- Processing salon service payments
- Assist in keeping salon clean and tidy, for example, by brushing up hair from the floor, keeping the reception counter clear, etc.
- Previous salon experience/working in fast paced environment
- A well-organized person with the strong ability to multi-task
- Well presented
- People person with ability to work well as part of a team
- Professional manner
- Self confident
- Bright bubbly personality
- Translating client’s requirements and meeting their needs
- Ability to deal with customer complaints and grievances
- Good industry knowledge
- $15.59/hour with an opportunity to start assisting and earning tips and higher wages.
The Pretty Pretty Collective
3290 22nd Street; San Francisco, California
- Please email your resume with a short description of your availability and why you would like to be a part of The Pretty Pretty Collective. Also, feel free to drop by the salon to turn in your resume in person! Thank you!
Not just a job, but our passion! We have developed a culture of honesty, integrity, trust, and friendship. With the support of each other, the possibilities of growth in our careers are endless.
- Associate Training Program
- In-House Education
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Strategic Marketing
- Retail Commission
- Cosmetology License
Steel + Lacquer
We are a fast-paced beauty studio that is laser-focused on giving our clients the most thoughtful eyebrow experience around. We also offer facial waxing, lash lifts, and brow lifts.
We are established, have a loyal clientele, and are booked two plus months in advance. After the training period, the right candidate will have access to our ever-growing waitlist.
We are looking for a polished and bright self-starter who is willing to help with the daily operations of the studio while learning our specialty brow technique. Our preference is to find a licensed esthetican with a passion for brows or someone close to graduation who is leaning towards a career in brows.
Must be comfortable with:
- Working in a small busy environment, open to working special events on evenings and weekends, excellent customer service skills, computer skills, social media experience a plus.
- Both part- and full-time applicants will be considered.
- Hourly wage for training period plus commission if licensed or once licensed. Paid holidays, flexible schedule with at least two weekends a month required.
Michele Holmes Studio
Corte Madera, California
- Please send resume and cover letter with brief description of why you would be a good fit for our beauty studio. Thank you!
- Busy established Aveda salon seeking team member to provide spa quality manicures and pedicures. Private room for relaxation and full salon support in all areas of education and employment.
- California license and fantastic attitude for business building and growth.
- Hourly and commission
Belli Capelli Aromatherapy Salon
1728 Divisadero Street; San Francisco, California
Mary Courtney(415) 346-4100 / email@example.com
- Send resume via email or come in and meet us. We would love to meet you!
Front Desk Coordinator — Part Time
- We are looking for a few part-time receptionists! This position over time could lead to an associate stylist training program if the fit is right.
- Answering phone calls emails and texts, booking appointments correctly and efficiently. Great customer service for all of our guests! Helping salon run smoothly on the floor, sweeping and cleaning throughout shift.
- Compensations will be an hourly minimum wage.
Marilyn Gonzalez(510) 542-7449
Cut and/or Color Assistant
We have an unparalleled training program with the finest educators in the Aveda network and wish to create long-lasting prosperous careers. Many of our team members have been with us since day one! With locations in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, New York City, and Nashville, the opportunities in our network reach across the United States!
Full Time desired. Part Time is okay as well.
- As a member of our team, you are expected to contribute your efforts to guest services, prepping and styling hair, attending mandatory (paid) class every Wednesday morning, and helping the entire salon stay clean and organized. We all participate in these duties. We work as a team to ensure our guests and team members have an excellent and fun experience during service hours.
- Base Pay: $15.59/hr along with the tips pool. This averages between $20-$23 per hour for assistants. We contribute a significant amount to health care benefits and and optional Equinox membership.
Spoke & Weal
701 Sansome Street; San Francisco or 336 California Ave.; Palo Alto
We’d love for you to come in and shadow at the salon to get a feel for us. Good luck and we look forward to meeting you soon!
- We seek a dedicated and passionate Retail Consultant to work within our San Francisco stores. The successful applicant will have flexible availability and may be required to work weekends.
To be successful, you will have:
- Previous experience within retail, with products requiring specialist knowledge and demonstration-based sales techniques.
- The ability to communicate with warmth, energy and sincerity
- A genuine interest in others
- The capacity to learn about and sell products requiring specialist knowledge
$19.00 per hour. Benefits include:
- Complimentary products
- Generous employee discount
San Francisco Bay Area
- Interested applicants can email me directly or apply online.
- Working at L’Occitane by the Bay would be an amazing experience to learn about the spa industry first hand while still in school. It’s an excellent way of sharpening your communication skills in a professional and sophisticated environment. You’ll be trained on proper verbiage that will benefit your career. L’Occitane is located in the Ritz-Carlton which is only a short walk away from the Cinta Aveda Institute. Your experience here will look great to future employers!
- $16 per hour
Ritz-Carlton Hotel, 600 Stockton Street, San Francisco, California
- Work closely with senior colorists within a team across two busy locations. You will continue to learn skills to push you to the next level. Continued education will be available, with flexible hours around school if needed.
Must be licensed or at school with available hours during Tuesday thru Saturday with your state board date set.
Must be self-driven, a great team player, happy, and healthy!
- Very competitive hourly rate plus commission on sales and great tips!
Christopher Salon & Home
Natashanatasha_christophersalon@yahoo.com or (415) 435-0111
A talented cosmetologist needed for a busy high-end Mill Valley salon located in Strawberry Village.
We are looking to hire a few cosmetologists to become part of our Assistant Program to be fully trained in a full service salon and grow with us as a team.
D&O Salon is a team salon focused on customer satisfaction and comfort. We pride ourselves on giving each of our clients the best experience and service.
The ability to work as a team member is great skill to have.
We thrive when our team members are punctual, professional, and always have a smile on their face for our clients.
Cosmetology license required and must be able to work Tuesday through Saturday, full time.
- To be discussed in interview.
Coral(415) 389-8000; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please email your resume and include why you want to be a part of our team.
Are you always striving to learn new ways to make people feel beautiful and confident? Perfect!
You do everything you can to learn, practice and take initiative on all things color. You are excited to expand your knowledge and develop a career in beauty and move on to become an amazing colorist.
Who you are:
- You’re a communicator who moves quickly and thoughtfully to make your client’s day.
- Excited to assist Colorists with shampoo, blow outs, and keeping the color bar tidy.
- You’re a problem solver who loves to help and work with clients.
- You are eager to learn and grow your career as a colorist through training and coaching.
Availability to work Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays as needed.
What you will need:
- Active state cosmetology license required.
- 1+ years working in beauty service/salon/spa experience, sales experience highly desired.
- Experience and passion for hair color.
- Computer Skills Point of Sale experience.
- Ability to multitask in a fast pace environment.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee will regularly stand/walk for four consecutive hours or more at a time; regularly bend and twist at the waist, manipulate fingers and hands, bend wrists and arms, reach with hands and arms, speak, see, hear, and lift/move up to three pounds. May on occasion sit, kneel, stoop, crouch, and lift/push/pull up to twenty pounds.
- Hourly + Commission + Tips
Hayes Valley, San Francisco
Information for Recruiters: Madison Reed only accepts resumes directly from candidates. Madison Reed does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms, and does not pay fees to any such vendors for any unsolicited resumes.
Madison Reed is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting our employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender or any other protected classes as required by applicable law that might make us unique or different. As a company, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion found in the communities we serve. Inclusion is at the heart of what we do, from the way we craft our job descriptions, to the values we espouse daily.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Waxologists to join the Bay’s best Wax-Only Salon.
Chic? Cheeky? Hip? Unique? Is that you? That’s us, too! Fun, upbeat bright personalities are our most important attribute. We provide a comprehensive three week paid training program. You don’t need a lot of experience, but you must have a current esthetician/cosmetology license.
We are looking for Waxologists who have the ability to make people feel comfortable, important and welcome. People who light up a room and show grace under pressure.
Positions available for full-time waxologists.
All LunchboxWax waxologists receive three weeks of comprehensive training in the specially designed LunchboxWax speed-waxing technique and our empowered unique culture.
You should be great at, and excited to:
- Perform a complete array of waxing services for men and women
- Be positive, friendly, upbeat and personable to guests and staff
- Maintain a professional appearance during working hours
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to work flexible days and hours - but known and scheduled 4 weeks in advance.
- Grow your guest base with marketing, self-promotion and networking opportunities created by us.
- Esthetician or Cosmetologist License
- Paid Training. Competitive pay: hourly, bonus and incentives. Steady Schedules, Health Insurance, 401K, Paid Vacation Time. Dynamic team. Great locations. Fun clientele.
Camden Park, San Jose, California
Nicky Lechercareers@springboxllc.com; (203) 948-0338
- Please send us your resume. I am the owner of LunchboxWax Bay Area and you can call me directly. Look forward to hearing from you and learning more about you!
- Looking for a creative, professional hairstylist to join our team of stylists. Must have a California cosmetology license and your own clientele. You can work for yourself in an environment with other creative stylists; we have a full time receptionist to help book your appointments, there is parking for clients, and many restaurants and shops in the area for you and your clients to enjoy. We also have assistants to help you with your clients (extra fees) if you wish to use.
San Francisco, California
- Please apply online.