Beauty Industry Job Board
- Looking for a part time esthetician to grow with us! We are located in the financial district.
- Will be great to hvae at least one year’s experience but will train the right person. Have to be comfortable with consultations and recommending skincare regime to clients.
- Commission based on treatments and retail sales.
Financial District, San Francisco, California
Are you looking for a flexible role with a hot new skincare start-up? Then Proven needs you!
We are looking for one to two exceptional Estheticians to come on board and work with our super talented team. You’ll be fully trained by Joshua, our amazing Lead Esthetician, and you will also receive your very own personalized products to try.
Hours: Flexible schedule, approx. 10-20 hours per week (you choose the right amount). Remote okay
What You’ll Do:
- Perform 15 minute consultations via phone or video with our customers
- Introduce customers to their customized skincare set with insightful product recommendations and provide tips on getting the most out of their regimen
- Liaise with our customer and marketing teams on customer feedback, product development and general communication with our teams
An exceptional manner - listen, learn, and a true passion for helping our customers achieve their best skin
1+ years experience with clients
Minimum basic computer knowledge
Stable Wifi connection, computer and phone required
Will need an approved area or office to do 1-2-1 video consultations
- Hourly rate $25, negotiable after 3 months.
Proven Skin Care
Joshjosh@provenskincare.com; Please email your resume.
Proven is a new type of skincare company, launched in October 2018. YC-18, pre-series A with a killer Exec Team. Our mission is to revolutionize an industry that has fallen asleep at the wheel. If you are obsessed with delivering an amazing customer experience, then we’d love you to come join us.
Barrow is a high-end, vibrant salon in Union Square. We are seeking a stylish, hardworking, and reliable Assistant/Cutting Apprentice.
Assistants working at Barrow participate in our weekly cutting apprentice program. We are extremely focused on providing our team with exceptional educational opportunities and training in addition to the weekly program.
Assisting/apprenticing experience is not required for this opening, however it is appreciated. We are willing to train a candidate that is eager to learn and grow with us.
Come in and meet us! Stop by with a resume or forward resumes to the given email address. Keep in mind emailed resumes that include links to social media go to the top of the pile. Stopping by with a resume is a plus.
We look forward to meeting you!
- Personable and friendly attitude
- Ability to multitask
- Remain collected and detail oriented in busy salon environment
- Minimum wage
256 Sutter St, 4th floor; San Francisco, California
February 28th Hiring Event at San Francisco Airport — From 11am to 4pm — International Terminal, Departures Level, in the Aviation Museum before Gate A Security Checkpoint. Please bring your résumé; interview will be conducted on-site.
DFS Group, part of the LVMH Group, is the world’s leading luxury travel retailer. We offer our traveling customers a carefully curated selection of exceptional products from over 700 of the most desired brands through 420 locations on four continents. Our network consists of duty free stores located in 11 major global airports and 20 downtown T Galleria stores.
We employ over 9,000 people focused on creating inspiring retail experiences for our customers.
The Beauty Advisor is a critical role on the sales floor as he/she is on the front line and the direct link between the Product and the Customer. DFS Beauty Advisors will strive for maximum sales results and excellent quality of customer service.
Positions now available for many luxury brands including Clarins, Chanel, Dior, Givenchy, Guerlain, Lancôme, L’Oréal, Mac, Tom Ford, and more.
San Francisco Airport
Junior Stylist — Part Time
Hairfax Studio is looking forward to welcoming our newest junior hairstylist. We offer both a two year apprentice training program or, for those newly graduated from beauty school, we have an exclusive training program that will lay the foundation for a successful career. This position will begin part-time and grow to full time. We are also looking for hair stylists with one to three years of previous training.
Located in the very desirable tour of Fairfax, we are 6+ years in the business and are very busy! We are fun, creative, and nurturing. Our clients are loyal and business is booming.
Exclusively ammonia free, we work with high-end products. We have a clean and green environment that cares for the health of the hairstyles and the hair. We love what we do, are hard working, and super fun!
Stylists & Colorists
We are seeking full-time Stylists and Colorists to join the upcoming advanced education program at JUUT in Palo Alto, California.
This is a permanent, full-time position at JUUT Salonspa - the original AVEDA salon — which offers an advanced education program, including ongoing education, excellent employee benefits, and an opportunity to become an expert in color and chemical services.
We offer a guarantee of minimum wage plus gratuities while in the advanced education program. After completing the advanced education program, Stylists and Colorists are eligible to earn service and retail commission.
Stylists and Colorists have an opportunity to grow exponentially in their careers at JUUT. Work with others at JUUT who are passionate and highly-skilled in cutting and styling and color and chemical services! In addition, Stylists and Colorists have the opportunity to become certified in:
- Hair Extensions
- Smoothing Treatments & Perms
- Clear Glossing
- Updos and Styling
We are seeking artists who are:
- Committed to Daymaking.
- Motivated to build their business.
- Passionate about on-going education.
- Able to provide excellent guest care in a high-end salon environment.
- Licensed California Cosmetologists (at time of hire).
We celebrate individuality. JUUT Salonspa is an inclusive environment. To learn more or to apply, visit our careers page.
- Paid training program, comprehensive benefits including 401k and paid time off, continuing education, competitive service, and retail commission.
Hi there. We’re looking for an amazing esthetician to join our startup skincare company.
Haldi is transforming the way women discover and shop for skincare online. We use data to create personalized routines based on clients’ skin, preferences, and budgets (like Stitch Fix meets Sephora). Instead of navigating aisles of skincare or spending hours reading reviews, women (and men too) fill out an easy quiz, get matched with products from trusted brands, and shop them directly from Haldi’s website.
We’re looking for an esthetician to manage our Customer Experience. It’s an exceptional opportunity where you can combine a passion for beauty/skincare and grow operational skills that are widely applicable at technology companies, startups, and fast growing companies.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Curating and reviewing skincare products to add to our recommended collection
- Reviewing client skin assessments and creating custom skincare routines
- Answering client communications (we geek out over these questions, which range from why you need a cleanser, to what ingredients don’t go well together)
- Managing order fulfillment
- Please note that this role is not for in person services. All recommendations and routines are delivered via our website and platform
- Two+ years of work experience as an esthetician
- Have a passion for skincare and love the idea of helping women discover the right routine
- Have great communication skills, including over email and text — this is critical
- Have a bias for action and believe that no task is too small
- $22 an hour contract to start, with opportunity to convert to full time at a competitive salary.
San Francisco, California
Julia Huang (co-founder)
Are you an enthusiastic person looking to take the next step in your career to develop professionally? Are you looking for a thriving organization to plant roots within? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for you! We are an empowering leader within the beauty industry who is seeking to fill a esthetician position within our store. Our company has an immediate opening for a esthetician to work in our Alameda location. We are an all-natural bath, body, and skin care company. This is an exciting opportunity for those who enjoy health, education, and a great work environment.
Sumbody Day Spa in Alameda has been in business for over 16 years and consistently wins the best of day spa in Alameda year after year, making us a beloved and busy local spa.
- Certified with 500 hours or more
- Create the ultimate client experience
- Able to handle asks duties i.e chores, filling out client’s intake
- Able to problem solve
- Strong co-worker relation skills
- Ability to work evenings & weekends
- Reliable transportation
- This is a commission-based position. Additional benefits include 50% off product purchases, reduced cost of services for you and immediate family members.
1350 Park Street; Alameda, CA, 94501
Shalissa(510) 523-2639; email: email@example.com
f you would like to be considered for this job, you must send in the body of your email (no attachments!): Job history (please include length of stay at each job, supervisor contact); phone contact; days and times available to work; any other information you would like to be considered.
- Work with a talented and motivated team of stylists across two salons who will work closely with you to prepare you for your own chair. Continued education offered in house. Four to five day schedules available.
- Drive, motivated, you must be nearing the end of your education.
- Hourly rate plus commission on products.
Christopher Salon & Home
Tiburon; Mill Valley
Natasha(415) 435-0111; firstname.lastname@example.org
Hair Salon Manager
- We are an up-scale hair salon located in downtown Ross. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the beauty industry and stellar customer service. We are looking for someone who can support our team fully and drive revenue. Someone who can build positive, professional client relationships and loyalty. We also are looking for someone who thrives in a group setting and enjoys managing. This position is 30-35 hours a week.
- Experience in customer service and the beauty industry.
- $39,000 to $50,000.
Ross in Marin County, California
D & O Salon located in Mill Valley is currently on the search for fresh talent to join our apprenticeship program. Here at D&O, we take great pride in bringing our clients the highest level of customer service, product education, and personal attention. We are a full service hair salon that also offers the opportunity to further expand your education.
The ideal candidate for the position is:
- Dependable & punctual
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong interest in the beauty industry
- Provide consistent and professional customer service while following proper protocol as directed by the state board of barbering and cosmetology
- Must possess complete knowledge of all services and products offered
- Maintain a clean and organized work space
- Actively promotes add on services and retail as well as programs and promotions
- Regularly attend/participate in ongoing training to continue to be knowledgeable about current trends
- Strong accountability for retail sales and promotions
- Must currently hold and maintain state Board of Cosmetology license in the state of California.
- Must have enthusiasm for providing excellent client care
- Professional and prompt communication skills
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing demeanor
- Must have the ability to diffuse difficult situations with tact and efficiency
- Proactive in anticipating client needs
- $12 per hour + tips
Mill Valley, California
- Responsible for performing massage treatments and to provide a level of excellence in guest service to internal and external guests. Other responsibilities include various tasks for the upkeep of the spa facility to ensure spa standards meet guest expectations. These tasks include, but are not limited to, the upkeep of locker rooms, hallways, reception area, retail area, and individual treatment rooms.
- Certification from a licensed massage school and certified in California, with minimum of 500 hours of training.
- Previous experience in the resort or hotel spa, sales, and/or hospitality industry preferred.
- Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa and MetWest Terra Hospitality offer a wide variety of benefits to our full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a matching 401k plan!
Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa
801 Bridgeway; Sausalito, California
Qadiri Zebrowski(415) 354-8308
- Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa conducts post offer background screenings.
- Responsible for performing all spa services including facials, waxing and additional related treatments, and to provide a level of excellence in guest service to internal and external guests. Other responsibilities include various tasks for the upkeep of the spa facility to ensure spa standards meet guest expectations. These tasks include, but are not limited to, the upkeep of locker rooms, hallways, reception area, retail area, and individual treatment rooms. Full and part-time available.
- Must be a licensed esthetician.
- Perform various esthetic modalities, and other services offered by the spa.
- Demonstrate and execute proper guest communication regarding treatments, products, or home care retail items.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Responsible for explaining features and benefits of spa products to guests.
- Escort guests in and out of the spa facility.
- Responsible for preparation and timely execution of all appointments including in-room treatments, spa treatments, or as assigned.
- Monitors his/her appointment schedule.
- Ensures all communication and interaction with internal and external guests is in compliance with the standards set by the Spa Department and the Hotel.
- Maintains all standards, policies, and procedures set forth by management.
- Demonstrates a guest-driven style of leadership with a sense of urgency in interactions, execution, and recovery.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by management based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Working knowledge of all basic job duties within the spa.
- Assist in spa when needed or assigned.
- Work with other divisions and areas of the hotel to ensure the customers’ overall property experience.
- Act as an ambassador of Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa at all times while on or off property with an understanding that you are a representative of the hotel and the company.
- Based on experience. Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa and MetWest Terra Hospitality offer a wide variety of benefits to our full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a matching 401k plan!
Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa
801 Bridgeway; Sausalito, California
Qadiri Zebrowski(415) 354-8308
- Qualified candidates are invited to submit resumes to this posting or by visiting Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa and/or applying in person.
- EEO/M/F/D/V. Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa conducts post offer background screenings.
We are looking for a blowout specialist to join our team Saturday-Monday. We are fully booked, and we never like to turn business away, so come join us!
If you are a colorist or stylist, this is a great position to start growing your client book.
- Well dressed and poised to work around a high end clientele. Happy, positive, kind, and easy-going attitude. Punctual, reliable, and up for anything!
- Hourly + tips
Charles W. Thomas Salon
3571 Sacramento Street; San Francisco, California
Lindsay Glaser(415) 805-3403. Send resume to email@example.com.
We are a new beauty tech startup building a brand new manicure only offering within the nail care space. We are in search of full-time, licensed Nail Technicians to engage on three to five month contracts starting immediately. Responsibilities will include doing manicures, i.e. polishing fingernails and toenails, and applying/removing gel nails. There will be a fair amount of customer interaction, so we are looking for someone who enjoys that and is reliable while delivering high-quality services.
- Paint fingernails efficiently and quickly
- Clean, cut, and shape nails
- Recommend colors based on each customer’s style
- Remove previously applied polish or gels
- Take an interest in customers and build loyalty (e.g. chatting with them during appointments and remembering their preferences)
- Valid Nail Technician License
- Proven work experience as a Nail Technician or Manicurist
- Knowledge of cosmetology trends
- Experience in customer service
- We offer a very competitive hourly wage + tips. We are willing to pay above market rate.
Ramya VenkatPlease email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for full and part time hair stylists and makeup artists. We have two more styling chairs available. Offering 1st month rent free. We are a well established, reputable salon adjacent to downtown Burlingame. Looking for hard-working, down-to-earth stylists with experience to join our salon family.
We are a small salon that focuses on building relationships with clients and creating a positive, relaxing experience. We carry Brazilian Blowout and Kevin Murphy hair care lines, with educational offerings from both.
Currently accepting full or part-time rental applicants at competitive rates, product sales commissions, and backbar incentive. Will consider a short term commission situation for stylists looking to relocate to Burlingame and build clientele. We are also a member of the Burlingame Chamber of Commerce, so you will have access to all the networking opportunities available through the chamber. We want to help you grow your business!
Laundry, retail, cleaner, and client refreshments included.
Please contact us, we’d love to meet you. Happy Styling!
- Licensed Cosmotologist
- Independent Contractor
Primp Hair & Makeup Design
936 Howard Ave.; Burlingame, California
Loren Sartain, owner
Hiring Hair Stylists for a Beauty Style Lounge that offers blow dry styling services and hair treatments. We offer Keratin complex and healthy trims. Full time and part time shifts available.
- Provide excellent service to customers within the salon environment.
- Carry out treatments in a relaxed friendly and clean environment.
- When needed, book customer appointments with efficient time allocated for each appointment using Booker.
- Provide consultation and advice to customers
- Promote and sell products. We carry R+Co products.
Training is offered. Learn more about us at styledashsf.com
- Must have a Cosmetology license.
- Makeup application skills are a plus but not required.
StyleDash Beauty Lounge
2167 Union Street; San Francisco, California
Marika Fishman(415) 589-7679; If interested, please send resume to email@example.com
- Hiring at Drybar for our new location opening in the Embarcadero on December 14th. We are looking for stylists who love to blowdry, have fun, and make great money! We are hiring for part time and full time, hourly, commission, plus tips—also with benefits. If you do cut and color on the side, hand out your business cards to our clients to grow your clientele. After all, we just do blowouts.
- Can audition before getting licensed! Licensed cosmo to be in training after audition process and to be on the floor. Need a happy, fun, great attitude.
- Hourly, plus retail commission, plus tips.
The Embarcadero, San Francisco, California
Chrissy O’Reilly(650) 255-8483
- Apply on line as well!
Customer Service Representative
What is the Color Crew? When Madison Reed set out to create the highest quality, easiest to use at-home hair color on the market, providing the absolute best in customer support was simply a given, and our Color Crew was born. Since then, we have prided ourselves on our team of hair color experts, who provide white glove service to make choosing, applying, and caring for Madison Reed hair color at home a fuss-free, enjoyable experience.
As a Customer Service Representatives on our Color Crew, you are comfortable in an fast changing environment, love beauty and/or hair color, enjoy helping people and solving problems and have a voice that make folks feel like they are chatting with a long lost friend. You can operate in a fun and fast-paced team, can shift from responding beautifully to emails, chats and calls. You are also:
- Passionate about providing the best possible experience and delighting our customer in every way.
- A problem solver. You work on resolutions to any customer issue, fast.
- Want to learn, grow, and develop your professional skills both in customer care
- Not easily ruffled. You have superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow through on tasks.
- Naturally curious. You see something that doesn’t seem quite right and are able identify trends anecdotally and then prove them quantifiably.
- You’re innovative, extremely creative, and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills. You can craft emails and chats, instructions and documentation, easily adjusting your tone/voice accordingly.
- Enjoy happy hours and impromptu snack or birthday celebration and a hosted weekly lunch with the team.
- You really like people. You are the type of person who enjoys talking to anyone; you’re flexible, and excited be a part of making clients look and feel beautiful.
You will be able to:
- Participate in a paid Madison Reed color and systems training program. (Must attend all classes and pass follow up tests in order to graduate and receive hours.)
- Respond to questions in both internal and customer facing queues via email, chat and phone calls about billing, shipping, orders, account, memberships and our website.
- Work closely with our management, marketing, engineering and operations teams to target issues, streamline process, and assist in intelligently building our wonderful business.
- Learn a wide variety of software tools to navigate customer accounts, research and review policies, and communicate effective solutions.
- Customer Service/Contact Center Support experience
- Use technology in your everyday life
- Strong typing skills
- Experience with CRM systems, office software is a plus
- Willing to work 40 hours a week including one weekend day; part time options available
- $16 per hour + benefits
Mission District, San Francisco, California