Beauty Industry Job Board
- Full- or part-time hair station available for either rent or commission based. Our salon is based on client satisfaction and establishing a loyal clientele.
- Monthly rent or commission split of 60/40. We provide all back bar.
Catalina’s Skin & Body
721 West Napa Street; Sonoma, California
Theresa Gonzalez(707) 933-3860
Stylist — Part-Time
Blow Dry Salon, coming soon, needs motivated candidates, part-time at first. All blow drys services will be provided with the highest quality, delivering high costumer satisfaction in a genuine, warm and friendly atmosphere.
- Our most important mission with our new candidates is to be motivated and want to grow with us as a company.
- Compensation will be discussed with the candidate.
Holistic SPA LLC
255 King Street Suite C; San Francisco, California
- Master colorist seeking a career driven person who’s great at multitasking, has a positive attitude, is hardworking, and awesome to assist at upscale Alex Chases Salon. This is an excellent opportunity to train in a high-end atmosphere. If you are just starting your career as a cosmetologist and are determined to make it as a successful colorist, email your resume.
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- California Cosmetology License/Cosmetology Student
- Ability to take direction and work under pressure
- Extraordinary customer service skills
- $17 per hour + tips and income growth potential
Alex Chases Salon
Marlinda’s is a luxury spa providing services to clients since 1992. It is a busy, well-established spa, located in the center of downtown Burlingame. We have a small deeply committed team. Currently, we are looking for full- and part-time Estheticians to join our team. It goes without saying that your grooming and manner must be perfectly polished. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and dedicated professional.
- Perform a variety of treatments: facials, peels, waxing, brow/lash, and make-up application. If waxing is not your preference, please bypass this ad.
- Provide excellent customer service before, during, and after an appointment.
- Make product recommendations to guests and contribute to monthly sales goals.
- Set up and maintain a clean work environment.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
- Must possess a current and valid California Esthetician license.
- One year of work experience as an Esthetician is preferred with some knowledge of soft wax application, but willing to train the right candidate.
- Must have customer service experience.
- Sales experience preferred. Familiar with SkinCeuticals is a plus!
- Must have a flexible schedule. Available to work some evenings and weekends.
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable to speak with people, and a warm manner.
- Willingness to take initiative; ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Social media savvy is a plus.
- In addition to hourly and commission compensation, you’ll receive a commission on sales, and company perks.
Marlinda’s MOD Skincare
Nisha Szewczyk, Operations ManagerPlease email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
- Belli Capelli Aromatherapy Salon is hiring an assistant stylist to work with three busy hairstylist. Position requires shampooing and finishing work, as well as supporting the salon in all areas needed. This is an apprenticeship program that lasts approximately six months. We are seeking an individual who wants to commit to education and their career. We are an Aveda Salon and commited to beauty, wellness, and teamwork.
- Within a month of graduation or California licensed.
- Hourly rate, commision, and benefits
Belli Capelli Aromatherapy Salon
Mary Courtney(415) 722-9987. Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hair Stylist Assistant
- Available: a full time position as an assistant in a very welcoming and warm environment. Opportunities for growth and progression are based on self motivation. You will have the opportunity to study under stylists with 15-25 years of experience. You will learn techniques to color, cut, blowdrying, and upstyling. The program moves with your pace and your motivation. Being in a smaller salon atmosphere, you have the opportunity to be the only assistant and really get the full attention you need to become a master stylist.
- You are required to be on time, bring in a model a week, and assist with light reception/cleaning duties. You will be required to stock shelves and learn about the products we carry (Bumble & Bumble and Davines). You will learn color formulation, application, assist with shampoos, blowdries and observing color application and haircutting.
- To be determined.
Antonio Cristillo(415) 420-1075
We are currently hiring energetic and enthusiastic Massage Therapists to join the XpresSpa team in the San Francisco Airport. This is an amazing opportunity for those Massage Therapists that want to join the industry leader. If you are looking for a place to increase your earning potential, join us. No need for clientele, we’ll bring the customers to you.
In this role you will:
- Consult with our customers, determine their needs, and provide best in class services
- Embrace an entrepreneurial spirit to drive great personal results
- Maintain a relaxing environment for our travelers
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Current license/certification in California for your specialty
- High energy for delivering exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication skills: engaging, personable, and a team player
As a member of the XpresSpa team you will receive:
- Competitive commission package including a commission on all retail products sold
- Full benefits package eligibility: medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid maternity, tuition reimbursement, and more…
- Flexible schedule and paid time off
- Discounts on XpresSpa products
San Francisco Airport; South San Francisco, California
Erica Mares(650) 451-5514; email@example.com
REME is an on-demand app that delivers customized massage and stretch therapy to client’s homes.
If it feels too good to be true, it’s probably us. We’re bringing relaxed bodies into the 21st century. We believe in easing aches and pains, not creating them. We’re here to help clients feel their best, whenever and wherever they may need us.
The REME app is looking for talented and enthusiastic massage & stretch therapists in San Francisco and the surrounding area to join our family. As a REME Expert, you will accept client requests through the REME Expert App. We strive to perform these services at the client’s home, office, or hotel on the client’s schedule.
Why Work for REME?
- Be Your own Boss — Experts don’t follow the rules, they make them. As a REME Expert, and an Independent Contractor, you’re in control of your schedule.
- Make More Money — Our Experts are the heart and soul of REME. As an Expert, you earn up to 70% commission plus 100% gratuity. That’s higher than any of our competitors!
- A REME Community — The group of individuals that make up the REME family are just that; REME. We are proudly comprised of fun, friendly, and creative people.
- A bonus just for being you — Earn points with each completed service, which add up to amazing cash rewards. Enjoy a massage on us every 90 days, and when you refer other therapists who become REME Experts, you get rewarded too! $20 is rewarded if REME hires the referral. Service rewards are dependent on services performed.
Do you have what it takes? Experts are required to have all of the following:
- Valid form of US Identification
- Massage Certificate in the state of California
- Proof of liability insurance
We currently have an exciting full-time opportunity for a seasoned stylist at our Santa Monica location. For over 30 years, Ouidad has been the global leader in caring for natural textures and curls.
Learn how to cut and care for every type of curl. We are a full-service salon offering cuts, color, conditioning treatments, relaxers, perms, etc.
- Must have open availability
- Valid California cosmetology license
- Reliable transportation
We value our stylists and offer:
- Competitive commissions
- Guaranteed day rate of $150/day for the first six months
- Vision, dental, and health
- Free haircuts for yourself and a spouse
- Free monthly products
- An amazing work atmosphere and more!
Wigs Run Crew for Theater Production
- American Conservatory Theater is looking for a wigs/hair run crew for 28 May - 1 July on the musical production of “A Walk on the Moon”
- The Wigs Crew Run is responsible for the overall execution and implementation of the running and maintenance of the wigs, hair, and makeup during the production. They shall maintain the integrity of the wig and hair design throughout the production as established by the Wig Master. They assist actors with the application and removal of all wigs, facial hair, and makeup. They are responsible for documenting and updating pre show and run of show paperwork as well as taking photographs of the actors in their character looks for the show bible. They shall participate in the inventory, upkeep, and maintenance of the basement wig room supplies during the production run.
- $16-$22 per hour, depending upon experience
American Conservatory Theater
- See information on the production “A Walk on the Moon.”
- We have openings for a recent grad to gain experience working behind the chair. Competitive program to get you on the floor and seeing clients of your own. Regular class schedule to prepare you for the future. Great pay and benefits available. Check us out on Instagram @futurevanitynovelty
- Current Student or Recent Grad
- Minimum wage, tips, and commission on services
5405 College Ave., Oakland, CA 94618
- Externship program available as well!
Receptionist needed for upbeat barber shop
Blades Co. is a fast-paced environment with a growing clientele. We are focused on customer satisfaction and comfort.
- Looking for a Full/Part-time upbeat front desk receptionist for a fast paced barber shop! We are looking for someone who is great at multi-tasking, answering phones, doesn’t mind cleaning, and has excellent customer service.
- $14 per hour
Blades Co. Barber Shop
13 Columbus Ave., San Francisco, California
Makeup Artist/On Camera Host
Collective Press is looking for a creative make-up artist/on-camera model/host to join our San Francisco office. We are digital media startup making online videos in lifestyle verticals: make-up, hair styling, nail painting, cooking, DIY, hacks, and more. You’ll be immersed in learning the best of digital and social media content.
This is a part-time/full-time position in the San Francisco office.
- Work on video shoots as stylist/make-up artist & on-camera model/host
- Contribute ideas for new makeup/beauty videos
- Assist with production of styling videos to spec from start to finish: shopping and prepping materials in advance, being in the video (the “hands and face”), and video wrap up
- Be able to execute on the make-up techniques both on yourself and on others
- Ability to work with other members of the team to help produce video to spec
- Manage and order all supplies for videos in organized manner
- Other admin tasks as assigned
Collective Press is a digital media startup company that was founded in 2014 by serial entrepreneurs from Berkeley, Stanford, and UPenn. It owns several digital publications spanning a variety of topics: news, trending stories, home, cooking, diy, and more.
- Experience and passion for make-up/styling
- Strong, interesting, and dynamic on-camera personality and appearance
- Operate well in deadline-driven environment
- Be able to operate a DSLR camera (or open to learning how)
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Self-starter and team player
- Must be authorized to legally work in the United States.
- Competitive depending on experience
Aneesa Smith(510) 709-5339.
Please apply with the following:
- Sample video demonstrating your make-up skills. This is a requirement. Make a short 1–2 minute video (can be taken with your mobile phone) to show us what you can do makeup wise. There must be at least a portion of the video where you are speaking.
- Samples of your makeup work
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Collective Press will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Sassoon, internationally renowned for precision haircuts, creative color, and cutting edge style, is interviewing for a full time assistant in our San Francisco salon
For more information on our company please visit our website.
You must have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively
- Interact with a variety of people
- You must have a California Cosmetology license.
- $14 per hour
- Paid vacation/sick time
- Medical/dental/401k after one year’s employment
- Sassoon training
- Free hair services
- Discounted products
and much more…
359 Sutter Street; San Francisco, CA 94108
Susan Nahorney, Salon Director
Hair Stylist Apprentice
Friendly professional atmosphere. Pleasanton full service Aveda Concept Salon. Team-oriented, clean, and professional salon.
We are looking for individuals with positive energy. Must be people friendly, and enjoy working in a team environment. Salon has been established for over 20 years. We are a great group of positive and fun professionals. Enjoy a fun team environment you can call home.
- Cosmetology license
- Continued education
- Quarterly Aveda appreciation ordering.
- Hourly plus commission/bonus salon.
- Medical and Dental offered for full-time employment.
- 401k plan
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation
The Image Salon & Day Spa
3037D Hopyard Road; Pleasanton, CA 94588
Jennifer Locy(925) 484-3650; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please email your resume, or fax (925) 484-4823
Hairstylist and Esthetician
Stylist or Barber
We are looking for a new team member as a hair stylist or barber. We are a family style shop that includes services for men, women, and children. Position is full-time. We are open Tuesday-Saturday from 9am-6pm.
We are committed to customer service and want to provide a warm, friendly environment for our customers and provide great service.
- Hold current California state approved license for cosmetologist or barber.
- Commission based.
514 Tamalpais Drive, Corte Madera, CA 94925
- (415) 924-2430. Send a resume or give me a call. We are in need of help.
Blossom Salon and Spa is an established, expanding, high-end Aveda Concept salon located in San Mateo, offering hair and skin services. We are looking for a salon assistant for our master stylist who thrives in a fast paced, high energy environment, and can multi-task while focusing on the details. This is a full or part-time position.
Our Master Stylist, Michelle, is very busy and is in need of assistance with shampooing, blow-drying, styling, and other tasks. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, hard-working, and ready to start their dream career. Once your training as a Salon Apprentice is complete, you will receive the opportunity to graduate into a hair stylist position here at Blossom.
See Michelle’s work on Instagram.
- Aveda trained is a plus, but not required
- Cosmetologist license is required
- Sufficient with shampooing and blow-drying
- May need to be available on weekends and evenings
- Experience is required.
- $13+ hourly wage plus cash tips
- Competitive compensations, paid vacation with products commission.
- Continued in-house and Aveda education
- Employee discounts
- Complimentary selected services
- And most importantly, a beautiful and enriching work environment.
Blossom Salon and Spa
1091 Park Place, San Mateo, CA 94403
- Send us your resume or apply in person. Visit us at our website, on our Facebook, or our Instagram for information about our services or check out our amazing reviews on Yelp.
- Have hustle
- Make people feel special
- Love social media
- Believe in hospitality
- Emulate beauty inside and out
Then we want to meet you! We value generosity, artistry, community and hospitality and are seeking the best talent to build our team.
We are currently hiring Salon Coordinators with infectious work ethic and effortless generosity who are outgoing, professional, hospitality minded, kind, creative, pro-active, dependable, organized, and positive team players!
- Salon upkeep and organization
- Retail sales and management
- Customer service and scheduling
- Manage POS and other business software
- Manage social media and client relations
- Manage email, text and phone calls
- Provide superior client experience for all.
- $14 per hour + depending on experience
- Paid sick time off
- Retail incentives
- Team education and events
- Free hair services
- Discount on products
305 Grant Ave., Fourth Floor, San Francisco, California
Receptionist — Part-Time
We’re looking for a part-time receptionist to:
- Assist Clients during check-in and check-out
- Take beverage orders
- Answer phones
- Respond to emails
- Help clients book or reschedule appointments
- Various other office tasks as needed
- Place orders, enter inventory, and help stock products/packages
We’re looking for someone with:
- A focus on teamwork and communication
- The ability to contribute to a positive and enjoyable work environment
- A background in retail, fashion, or office/administration is a plus
- Bright and stylish presentation.
- Minimum Wage or negotiable depending on experience
Pacific Heights, San Francisco
Ruby or Will(415) 931-7091. Please email with a current resume at email@example.com.
Hairstylists—start your career on a path to the top! Join the Barberia team and let us help you get there. Award winning, nationally published Bumble Bumble Hair Salon now hiring. Why Barberia?
- Our top stylists earn over six figures per year, and you can too!
- Full time stylists earn generous hourly salary, tips, bonus, health benefits, paid sick, vacation, holidays.
- Unique training program designed to get new talent working on clients in as little as 12 weeks. Yes—begin taking clients behind the chair right after passing the first subject. Earn pay increases and even more time behind the chair while progressing in the program. Barberia’s Advanced Training Program is designed to put new talent on the fast track.
- Structured curriculum consists of weekly scheduled hands-on classes includes the basics and advanced concepts including Color Theory, French Haircutting Method, Balayage, Ombre, Color Correction, Extensions and more.
- Learn from the best: Our instructors credentials include: Redken Performing Artist & Educator, American Board of Certified Hair Colorists Trainer, CSM Instructor, Aveda Business College Graduate; and have trained under legends like Beth Minardi, Jacques Dessange, Sam Villa, and Vidal Sassoon. Barberia Salon has been keeping the Peninsula beautiful for decades.
Barberia is a welcoming, friendly atmosphere along with the highest level of technique in on-trend hairdressing. This combination has contributed to the success and growth from a four chair salon in 1979 to a 25 chair salon today.
Our team of stylists enjoys free on-going education with opportunities for classes with industry leaders from Frederic Fekkai, Jamison Shaw, Bumble Bumble, and more. Annual professional photo shoots with leading hair & beauty photographer Tom Carson has our stylist’s work in several industry and beauty magazines including Modern Salon, Haircut & Style, Allure, and many more.
Positions open for reliable, driven, self-motivated team players with a “whatever it takes” mentality. If you are licensed, excited to learn, eager to please, and driven to be the best, apply today.
- Full-time position
- Wednesday & Thursday evenings
- Must have reliable transportation
- Structured Training Program with regularly scheduled classes by credentialed instructors
- Only passionate, driven, hardworking, licensed cosmetologists need apply.
To apply please send resume & a little bit about yourself.
- Hourly wage, some benefits (full benefits once promoted to hairdresser), free training program with regularly scheduled classes.
Foster City, California
- Professional Hair Stylist needed must have a cosmetologist license, deal with the public, have a fashionable image, and be eager to learn new color and cut techniques. Diva international Salon has been in business for over 20 years in the heart of the financial district. We have a fun environment and a great team to work with. We are open 6 days a week from 10am to 7pm. Don’t hesitate to inquire.
- Provide superior customer service by delivering unique personal experiences.
- Attend all meeting and education events, at times workshopping on models, which may include off-days or weekends, and/or off-site locations.
- Be fashionably dressed, accessorized with or without makeup in current trends.
- Assist by collaborating with a Senior Director and/or Creative Director.
- Strong communication skills.
- Personal development skills.
- Beauty Industry experience highly beneficial, advanced training.
Other Skills & Abilities Required:
- Be trained at front desk, answering phones, understanding booking procedures, before entering on floor.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and/or evenings.
- Positive attitude.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Strong analytical skills.
- References strongly recommended, 3-step interview process.
- $26,000 & up + tips
- Vidal Sassoon
Diva International Salon
One Market Street, San Francisco, California
Public Barber Salon is a unique barber salon offering quality hair cuts, color, and smoothing treatments in a laid back atmosphere. The salon incorporates the energy of its diverse stylists with music, art, and a vintage modern style.
Public is creating a space where people of all walks of life—from artists to professionals to globe trotters—find their personal style. Cool music, magazines, and art installations rotate the gallery every 4 to 6 weeks.
We are seeking a part-time receptionist. This position is a great way to embark on your journey into the beauty industry at an established salon.
Receptionists are responsibilities for all front of house duties in our five chair salon.
- professional phone etiquette
- point of sale/booking system operations
- cash handling
- keeping the shop tidy and running smooth
We offer extensive training on all reception duties.
- $14/hr + cash tips
- 40% discount on product
- Continuing education in both cutting and color
Public Barber Salon
571 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA 94102
- Please check out our Craigslist posting for more info!
Recruiting hairstylists to join our team at Aveda lifestyle Azure Salon for full or part time position in Marina Del Rey. Seeking individuals who are dependable, motivated, friendly, have good work ethics, and are able to work as a team.
This location, located in the center of Marina Del Rey (Villa Marina Market Place), has great traffic walk-ins, Parking is free.
We are looking for individuals who want to work toward our mission of combining beauty, the environment well-being and exceptional customer care.
- Products commission
- Excellent training and continuing education
- Paid sick leave
- Generous employee discount on Aveda products
- A minimum of one year experience on the floor as a stylist required. Stylist must have valid California License. Aveda experience is a plus but not required. We are also accepting recent graduates from an Aveda cosmetology school.
- Guarantee hourly or commission (from $420 – $1,500 per week)
Marina Del Rey, California
Erin HofmeisterErin@azuresalon.com. Interested individual should email us a resume with career history. Please bring last three paycheck stubs.
Do you love helping clients look their best selves with hair color? Are you excited to work at an entrepreneurial company where your voice counts?
Madison Reed is looking for Colorists to join our San Francisco Color Bar Team - work with clients alongside a team of dedicated hair color experts who keep our customers’ hair looking fabulous. This position is critical in bringing our message, products and delightful customer experience to the next chapter of the Madison Reed vision to life, our Color Bars.
Founded in 2013, Madison Reed is a prestige beauty brand that that empowers all women with a revolutionary way to color their hair. For the salon goer or do-it-yourself at home, we offer unparalleled hair color and care products that save women time and money. Madison Reed is sold across the country through our own website, Sephora, Ulta and now, in our newest endeavor, Madison Reed Color Bars.
Love, Joy, Courage, Responsibility and Trust. Join a company where we live and breathe these values, from how we treat our customers to our 60+ and growing team. Madison Reed believes all women should own their beauty, which includes deserving more and living their most brilliant and honest expression of themselves.
Colorists on our team are comfortable in a fast changing environment, love beauty and hair color, enjoy helping people and making clients feel right at home. You can operate in a fun and fast-paced team, can educate our clients on our color system and recommend the ideal color care regimen for their hair.
More About You:
- Passionate about providing the best possible experience and delighting our client in every way.
- Able to provide thorough client consultations and able to maintain client records
- Perform color applications with ease
- Have strong blow dry skills
- Really like people. You are the type of person who enjoys talking to anyone; you’re flexible, and excited be a part of making clients look and feel beautiful
- Are a problem solver. You work on resolutions to any customer issue, fast.
- Want to learn, grow, and develop your professional skills both in client care as well hair color.
- Not easily ruffled. You have superior organizational skills; integrity and great follow through on tasks.
- Innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Proficient in using technology in your everyday life and enthusiastic about innovation.
- Licensed cosmetologist a must
- Experience in a fast paced service environment
- Proven track record of consistently delivering remarkable customer service
- Previous experience working in salons is a plus
- Guaranteed hourly salary, gratuities and retail commissions
- Participate in a paid Madison Reed color training program
- Opportunities to grow your color service / retail experience and career
Mission District, San Francisco, California
Our upscale salon has full-time openings for apprentices who are eager to learn and advance their career in the beauty industry.
At L Salon & Color Group, apprentices are our new wave of talent. Continuing education is our primary focus and we strive to ensure we meet our goal of training the best of the best. Classes are four days a week, where junior designers will work with the finest stylists at our salon. Education includes in-and-out of salon training, a mentoring program, team building through staff and department meetings, and extensive training sessions.
We are currently the number one most published salon in the nation, according to New York’s JL Global Publications Corporation. The L Salon & Color Group website receives hundreds of hits daily making it a hot spot for potential customers looking for the best thing in the industry. L Salon believes in having strong standards and we are constantly looking to improve the quality of service for the customer. Come work at a place where beauty, style, and the latest trends are all in a good day’s work. We will supply all models for classes.
Our salon employs over 18 designers.
Hours are Tuesday, Wednesday, & Friday from 8:30–5:30; Thursday from 9:30–6:30; Saturday from 9:00–6:00. There is a one hour lunch daily.
- The applicant must be a California licensed cosmetologist.
L Salon & Color Group
223 S. San Mateo Drive, San Mateo, CA 94401
Kristen JohnsonPlease apply in person or email your resume to our Salon Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to also call us directly at (650) 342-6668
Spray Tan Technician
- Tanning boutique located in San Francisco is looking for a responsible, upbeat professional to perform spray tanning services part-time. Experienced preferred but will train. Cosmetology graduates, estheticians or students preferred. Those with a background in beauty industry preferred, such as retail. Able to start immediately. References will be checked. Hours will be added once past probation period.
- This is a very physically demanding job. Must be able to stand for long periods of time, squat, and lift.
- $18 per hour plus tips and quarterly cash bonus.
Bronze Beauty Lounge
3535 California Street, San Francisco, California
We are a female-founded nail salon based on the Stanford campus, and we’re seeking talented, enthusiastic manicurists to join our team.
Part-time opportunity with at least eight hours of paid work per week guaranteed.
Current operating hours are primarily on Wednesdays and Fridays, plus special events. Opportunities for additional hours and full-time roles as the company grows in the coming months.
- You must either be a licensed nail technician in California or be currently enrolled in a cosmetology course with a nails curriculum. We will additionally provide advanced training in our process once you’re hired.
- TOEFL fluency in English required.
- A positive, scrappy attitude is a must!
- $15/hour upfront pay, plus compensation for travel time.
Buffer Nail Studio
Stanford University Campus
Annie Stancliffeastan5@stanford.edu or (303) 859-2671
The Wax Specialist position is for someone who may want to work 4-5 days a week or 3 days a week. Novice Estheticians or newly licensed are all welcome to apply. We take the time to train you based on your current skill level. Part time or full time.
As an Esthetician/Cosmetologist Wax Specialist, you’ll be a friendly and passionate team player who can build relationships with guests while also building your skills with our comprehensive training program. We’re in the business of “Revealing Beautiful Skin,” and with your help, you’ll give guests a reason to walk in, and strut out.
To encourage loyal guests, we offer incentives (packages and memberships) and use local and national advertising to promote guest frequency. And to ensure your guests always receive the best results, European Wax Center has an exclusive line of skin and brow-care retail products.
- A licensed Esthetician or Cosmetologist in California, willing to learn new techniques.
- A positive, friendly, upbeat and personable demeanor.
- A professional appearance at all times.
- Willingness to do all types of body waxing.
- Ability to work in a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Sales experience is preferred, but not required.
- Able to work at least 1 weekend day.
- Be able to regularly lift supplies up to 25 pounds.
- The employee is required to stand a minimum of six hours per working day, utilizing the required daily meal and rest breaks.
- Discounts on all retail products.
- Great referral program.
- Free Body Waxing.
- A Consistent Work Schedule
- Career Growth.
- Hourly wage and bonus program.
- Salary: approximately $30,000 to $60,000 per year
European Wax Center
249 Primrose Rd. Burlingame, CA 94010; 927 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City, CA 94044
Got Roots: Root Touch up & Style bar is an exciting new concept salon that has bridged the gap between at home hair coloring and pricey salons. We have created an environment where clients can cover their grey hair and get in and out, without any fuss, at an affordable price. Think blow dry bar, but for grey coverage! We also offer an ongoing education program so you can grow into a full time stylist!
- 2-3 Days a week, plus weekly education classes
- Responsible for assisting in all aspects of the salon: Performing Root Touch up & Style Bar services, assisting Master Stylist, receptionist duties, general salon maintenance.
What’s in it for you?
- Relaxed, but professional environment
- In depth multicultural education. You will learn cut, color, styling, extensions, wig making, and texture services for all hair types.
- Immediately get your hands into some hair! Work at the Root Touch Up & Style bar while you are training to become a Stylist.
- Clear career path
- Bar Stylist
- Jr. Stylist
- Master Stylist
- Root Bar or Salon Owner
- Worry free hourly pay
- Caring and supportive salon owners
- Valid California Cosmetology license
- Reliability, willingness to learn, and professionalism
- Recent cosmetology graduates or new stylist encouraged to apply. It’s a plus if you have strong blow dry skills.
210 Fillmore Street; San Francisco, California
Akela Douglassinfo@gotrootssalons.com. Email your resume or feel free drop it off in person. We look forward to meeting you!
- Must have license and be able to do basic color cut and blow dry.
- Booth rent and commission available.
H2o2 Hair Bar
2420 Polk Street; San Francisco, California
Population Salon is hiring new Salon Assistants. Full and part-time at our 14th Street location and part-time at our Divisadero Street location.
- just recently graduated from beauty school/passed the state board -or- are about to graduate and have your state board date set.
- have an awesome work ethic, a bright social disposition, are always punctual and passionate about your future career as a stylist.
- are looking for a progressive education program in both cut and color.
- have flexible availability, can work nights and weekends as needed.
- are interested in working/growing with a brand (in a fast-pace environment).
- have some fundamental experience on a salon floor, and an eager willingness to learn.
- pride ourselves in offering one of the best education programs in San Francisco.
- have two beautiful locations—in the most exciting neighborhoods of San Francisco—with great amenities.
- are genuinely interested in cultivating our teams for the long haul—meaning we care for you and your future as a professional!
- License or certification: State Board (Required)
- Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 per hour
537 Divisadero Street and 498 14th Street; San Francisco, California
Domingo Robledodomingo.email@example.com; (415) 440-7677
- To apply, include a telling cover letter/email and let us know what you’re looking for in a salon. Please include your Instagram handle (professional/hair portfolio handle preferred) and describe any recent work experience that may be relevant. Hiring window is open until these positions are filled in the best way possible (which hopefully means you)!
We are an upscale waxing and skincare boutique looking to hire licensed Estheticians and Cosmetologists. We offer a great pay structure, a fun and upbeat working environment, benefits and much more!
We will give preference to experienced waxers, but we are willing to train eager learners or those who have newly acquired a license. Must be willing and able to perform all types of body waxing (hard and soft wax). Facials, sugaring, and spray tan experience a plus.
- One year minimum hands-on experience
- Full or Part Time availability
- Licensed CA Esthetician or Cosmetologist
- Willing to learn new techniques
- Positive, friendly, and personable demeanor
- Professional appearance at all times
- Reliable, strong work ethic and team player
- Ability to work flexible days, hours, and weekends.
- Full-time Salary: $40,000.00 to $90,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedules
- Supportive environment
- Growth opportunities
- Competitive wages
- Multiple avenues for increased pay with commission
- Bonus potential and employee incentive program
- Health Benefits
- 401K Plan
Stript Wax Bar
Assistant Stylist — Part Time
Are you interested in learning from some of the top stylists in San Francisco? We are looking for a part-time new stylist that is interested in growing his/her skill set and working up to becoming a full fledged full-time stylist. This would envolve a lot of hands-on training and salon work behind the chair.
Some of the job entails assisting on photo shoots and fashion shows. There will also be front desk training so that you basically know how the entire salon functions.
We are truly a team based salon and need someone who is skilled at getting along with others and has a positive attitude.
We do require that you are licensed and are able to work on Saturdays in addition to other days.
- To be discussed.
Green Twig Salon
2263 Union Street, San Francisco, California
Dana Nelsondana@greentwigsalon.com (415) 309-7718
Please send a cover letter and a resume to us if you are interested.
If you have a professional Instagram account, share!
Looking forward to having the right person join our team — maybe that’s you!
Hey, beauty gurus! Are you passionate about changing people’s lives with your skin care & beauty expertise? We’re Pharmaca and we’re all about sharing natural well-being philosophies and practices with our communities. We’re looking for stellar Estheticians and Beauty Specialists who possess can-do attitudes and a perpetual desire to expand their health & beauty knowledge base. Sales skills are important to succeed in this role and having the ability to connect with a wide variety of audiences is essential.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- 24-30 hours/week
- Apply make-up and color match for customers. Make suggestions and let your voice be heard. We want our clients to feel so beautiful that they keep coming back to see you!
- Use products from Avene, Acure, Dr. Hauschka, evan healy, jane iredale, Juice Beauty & more to conduct mini-facials and makeovers. Our stores have in-house makeup counters that are yours to use.
- Learn directly from our vendors via continuing education videos and trainings.
- Work on the retail floor and provide our customers with all the tips, tricks and knowledge they could need to make educated purchases.
- As a key member of our retail team, this is your opportunity to build your own brand and private practice. We encourage you to hand out your business card to everyone you chat with. We’re also hooking you up with tons of free samples and swag. We want you to be able to speak to all the amazing lines we carry and we think this works best when you get to try the product yourself.
Pharmaca Integrative Pharmacy
230 E Blithedale Ave.; Mill Valley, CA 94941; 925 Cole Street; San Francisco, CA 94117
- Sound like a fit? Let’s talk! Apply online or stop by one of our stores.
- Looking for a cutter/colorist to perform services using Aveda Color in a sweet and airy salon.
Skills can be learned; kindness can’t.
Please be kind, respectful, reliable, trustworthy and, if you have at least one year on the floor (preferred), great.
1041 Guerrero St.; San Francisco, California