Beauty Industry Job Board
Assistant — Full Time
D & O Salon located in Mill Valley is currently on the search for fresh talent to join our apprenticeship program. Here at D & O we take great pride in bringing our clients the highest level of customer service, product education, and personal attention. We are a full service hair salon that also offers the opportunity to further expand your education.
The ideal candidate for the position is:
- Dependable & punctual
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong interest in the beauty industry
- Must currently hold and maintain state Board of Cosmetology license in the state of California.
- Must have enthusiasm for providing excellent client care
- Professional and prompt communication skills
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing demeanor
- Must have the ability to diffuse difficult situations with tact and efficiency
- Proactive in anticipating client needs
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts including days, nights, weekends, and special events. This opportunity is full time and requires full availability for any shift, a minimum of five days per week, including evenings and education class twice a week.
- Provide consistent and professional customer service while following proper protocol as directed by the state board of barbering and cosmetology
- Must possess complete knowledge of all services and products offered
- Maintain a clean and organized work space
- Actively promotes add on services and retail as well as programs and promotions
- Regularly attend/participate in ongoing training to continue to be knowledgeable about current trends
- Strong accountability for retail sales and promotions
- To be discussed.
D & O Salon
We look forward to meeting you!
Esthetician; Front Desk Coordinator
The Image Salon & Day Spa is an Aveda Concept Salon located in Pleasanton.
- Licensed Estheticians/Front desk Coordinator.
- Friendly team environment.
- Positions available immediately.
Come join our team and grow!
- Licensed Esthetician.
- Hourly + Bonus
- Medical/ Dental
- Aveda Appreciation orders quarterly
The Image Salon & Day Spa
3037D Hopyard Road; Pleasanton, CA 94588
Customer Representative — Part Time
Part Time Kiehl’s Customer Representative
- Provide superior customer service standards and develop customer relationships that will result in repeat business
- Responsible for product and brand image presentation while maintaining a neat and organized store.
- Effectively execute visual directives, education selling tools and customer service standards
- Adhere to visual merchandising and housekeeping standards
- Regular attendance and timeliness for all scheduled shifts
- Willing to working flexible hours, including nights and weekends
- Highly resourceful, flexible and ability to solve problems in a timely manner
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be able to work on your feet all day
- Walk up and down a flight of stairs and/or ladder if necessary
- Lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular basis
- Starting at $17+
Kiehl’s Since 1851
1971 Fillmore Steet; San Francisco, Californiamsedano@kiehls-usa.com; (415) 359-9260
- We are currently hiring motivated, aspiring assistants to work closely with our color team. While being offered continued education and classes, you will work alongside our team to learn every ascept of color.
- Must be licensed or soon to be licensed. You must also be self motivated, happy, reliable and goal orientated; by working with our team you will become a successful colorist yourself! Our salon growth relies not only on our services but also the experience our clients have when they are with us. With your positive outlook, you will make this happen.
- You will receive a competitive hourly wage plus tips and commission on sales.
Christopher Salon & Home
Mill Valley & Tiburon
The Wax Specialist position is for someone who may want to work 4-5 days a week or 3 days a week. Novice Estheticians or newly licensed are all welcome to apply. We take the time to train you based on your current skill level. Part time or full time.
As an Esthetician/Cosmetologist Wax Specialist, you’ll be a friendly and passionate team player who can build relationships with guests while also building your skills with our comprehensive training program. We’re in the business of “Revealing Beautiful Skin,” and with your help, you’ll give guests a reason to walk in, and strut out.
To encourage loyal guests, we offer incentives (packages and memberships) and use local and national advertising to promote guest frequency. And to ensure your guests always receive the best results, European Wax Center has an exclusive line of skin and brow-care retail products.
- A licensed Esthetician or Cosmetologist in California, willing to learn new techniques.
- A positive, friendly, upbeat and personable demeanor.
- A professional appearance at all times.
- Willingness to do all types of body waxing.
- Ability to work in a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Sales experience is preferred, but not required.
- Able to work at least 1 weekend day.
- Be able to regularly lift supplies up to 25 pounds.
- The employee is required to stand a minimum of six hours per working day, utilizing the required daily meal and rest breaks.
- Discounts on all retail products.
- Great referral program.
- Free Body Waxing.
- A Consistent Work Schedule
- Career Growth.
- Hourly wage and bonus program.
- Salary: $30,000 to $60,000 per year
European Wax Center
249 Primrose Rd. Burlingame, CA 94010
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The customer is the Company’s number one focus, and all employee actions are to reflect this priority.
- Greet ‘drop in’ customers within 10 seconds or less.
- Traffic Stop customers when not with an existing customer.
- Follow the 8 Step Magic Formula, including The Hand Off.
- Demonstrate and sell Benefit products.
- Maintain a high energy level on the floor at all times.
- Build and maintain good customer relationships.
- Keep accurate and complete records, including but not limited to customer Celebrity File.
- Safeguard and keep all customer information confidential; all customer information is the property of the Company and Retailer.
- Effectively communicate with customers, co-workers, all Benefit related personnel and appropriate Retail partners.
- Ensure customer understands and signs service release form.
- Perform only Benefit approved and trained services offered on service menu to Benefit quality standards to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Book appointments for return services, makeup lessons and events.
- Recommend additional services to determine and meet customer needs.
- Use the appointment book procedure correctly to service the maximum number of customers at any given time.
- Achieve daily/ weekly/ monthly individual service and product goals.
- Maintain target service and product sales per hour.
- Sell and recommend products with each and every service, and hand over customers to Beauty Artists at the close of each service to maximize each sales opportunity.
- Promote a professional, respectful, fun and gossip free environment for customers and employees.
- Work closely with other Beauty Artists and Aestheticians to ensure excellent customer service and goal achievement.
- Be on time and ready to work all shifts.
- Act professionally, ethically and with integrity, using good judgment at all times.
- Help maintain clean and safe sales and stock areas, communicate maintenance issues to LSA, RBM and/or RAM.
- Communicate inventory needs and concerns to LSA, RBM and/or RAM.
- Properly and accurately register all sales using the Service Receipt and all sales reporting forms.
- Communicate training needs that will result in raised sales to LSA, RBM and/or RAM.
- Ensure compliance with all Company and Retailer policies and procedures.
- Maintain and display a valid state issued aesthetician, cosmetology or waxing license. The employee is responsible for any fees, additional training and/or renewals needed as a requirement.
- Proven strong retail sales and/or service history.
- Flexibility regarding work hours; ability to work nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- Flexibility regarding work location; ability to work in other Brow Bars if required.
- Initiate and manage change in a positive manner.
- Comfortable and competent at services and make-up application.
- Strong communication skills.
- Adept at problem solving.
- Flexible and adaptable to customer needs.
- Continuous standing/walking for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Unpack and lift boxes up to 40 lbs.
- Continuous bending of neck, arms, torso and legs for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Stock and fill shelves, drawers, and stations.
- Clean all Brow Bar areas and elements.
- Work in a fragrance filled environment.
- Physical contact with clients/ customers.
- Maintain compliance with State Board of Barbering and Cosmetology and State Board of Health rules and regulations.
- Consistent and reliable attendance.
- Accurate use of timekeeping system.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- This position requires the final candidate to successfully pass an E-Verify check
- Depends upon experience.
Are you ready to start your successful career in Hairdressing?
Grasshopper Salon is looking for assistants who are highly motivated, outgoing, proactive and dedicated to their education. All candidates should be excited to assist stylists and clients and eager to contribute to the quality of our salon and our industry.
We are a very hands-on salon. As an assistant, you will help with all the needs of the salon including but not limited to:
- Assisting Applying Color
- Blow drying
We have a full time cleaner to help keep up with the housework.
Our assistant program involves structured Toni & Guy methodology in both your haircutting training and your color training. At Grasshopper Salon, continuing education is very important to us, as it should be to all potential assistants. Being in business for the past 15 years, our salon has cultivated many successful hairdressers and hair salons in San Francisco and around the world.
You must have a current California Cosmetology License or State Board test date to apply.
- Minimum wage plus tips
26 South Park, San Francisco, California
Kelly Madigangrasshoppersalon@gmail.com. If you meet the above qualifications, please send us your resume or feel free to stop by and say hi. We’re in the South of Market Area of San Francisco.
New Talent Stylist
The New Talent program is an 18 to 24 month salon professional training program designed to provide you with essential salon experience. The program focuses on developing your technical and business skills through expert mentorship from the Cetana team.
The New Talent curriculum includes familiarization with our salon culture, value added service rituals, and the ability to intern/observe senior staff and attend technical training. Skill development includes foundation haircuts, color theory, color systems, and placement techniques. As you advance through the program, your skill development includes specialty classes: makeup, special occasion styling, men’s cutting, perming, texturizing, and salon-life business building techniques. As part of our commitment to you, we also focus on coaching, career-pathing, goal-setting for your success, and cultivating your talent.
Upon completing your training, we will discuss your long-term career goals and make plans to guide you toward a bright and promising future. Upon successful program completion, you will become a permanent member of our team. Long-term prosperity is our goal for you.
- Cosmetology license. Aveda graduate preferred.
- $17 an hour
SOMA San Francisco, California
Front Desk Coordinator — Part Time
Cetana Salon is looking for a part-time Front Desk Guest Coordinator with a capacity to inspire, motivate, and encourage guests to adopt sustainable, eco-friendly products through suggestion and education. Makeup Artists a plus.
- Participation in Fashion Week
- Participation in Fashion Shows
- Participation in Photo and Video Shoots
- Flexible Schedule
- Product Discounts
- Service Discounts
- Block from Embarcadero with amazing view
- Complete team support
- High End Environment
- 5 Star Yelp Reputation
- 1st Rate Educational Program
- Offer hand massages, make up finishing touches.
- Represent the company in a professional, world class fashion at all times.
- Communicate confidently, timely and effectively with peers and leadership team.
- Organize time to maximize productivity.
- Accept personal accountability for own performance.
- Take direction from Management to execute daily operational functions and duties as assigned.
- Assist General Manager on inventory control including execution of weekly cycle inventory counts, maintenance of accurate and adequate retail inventory levels.
- Proactively and promptly communicate with the Management team to drive to resolution all guest complaints in a professional manner.
- Accountable for the cleanliness of the salon and retail floor and all related areas at all times.
- Display reliability by reporting to work on time and ready for work for each scheduled shift.
- Offer ideas for building business and improving results.
- Attend all local salon staff meetings.
- Maintain composure, flexibility, common sense and a positive attitude while embracing change.
- Interact with guests and team in a respectful, courteous and professional manner, while exuding a general positive attitude and constructive energy.
- Respect, value and appreciate the difference in others.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fridays in the A.M. and Sunday afternoons
- Must be flexible to work retail hours, nights, weekends, holidays, and special events.
- Must be flexible to cover shifts as necessary.
- $17 an hour; Health Insurance
SOMA San Francisco, California
Stylist Assistant/Front Desk
Bilancio is a busy salon located in beautiful Marin County, in downtown San Rafael. We are currently looking for a full time assistant that is also capable and comfortable with front desk duties.
This is a perfect position for someone who is interested in advancing their skills in cut, color, and customer service training. You will have the ability to work hand-in-hand with the owner on clients on the floor daily, as well as meet all salon clientele via your role at the front desk. This is a great way to introduce yourself to a new environment and make a lasting impression with clients as you begin to build your own clientele.
We are looking for someone who is responsible, has great customer service skills, and who is a great communicator.
- must have passed the state board with a current California license.
- has a positive work ethic, and is always punctual and passionate about your future career as a stylist.
- has flexible availability, can work nights and weekends as needed.
- interested in working/growing with a brand
- basic computer skills necessary
- customer service experience recommended
Successful applicants will have a pleasant speaking voice and friendly demeanor, enjoy people and problem-solving, be able to work with others as a team while supporting company growth.
- Hourly, based on previous experience. Also discounted products and complimentary services.
1414 4th Street; San Rafael, CA 94901
Nina Pelfini or Cassandra Kuhnscheduling@salonbilancio.com or call (415) 460-6300.
- To apply, please email a cover letter/resume and let us know what you’re looking for in a salon. Please include your professional instagram handle (or professional/hair portfolio) if available and describe any recent work experience that may be relevant. Drop in applicants welcome.
- We are looking for a barber who is skilled with both clipper and shear cuts. We have two barber chairs available.
Must be willing to work Sundays
- We are a commission-based salon but open to other compensation options.
Jovance Salon and Barbering
This is your chance to get hands on salon training from a dynamic hair & makeup team. You will learn the balayage coloring technique, various hair cutting techniques including dry cutting, photo styling, and real salon life. We want our assistants to grow with us and become a Morphic Stylist. If you believe in working hard, and you’re a self-described hair nerd, we want to meet you!
- Scheduling clients
- Receptionist duties
- Maintaining a clean salon environment
- Booking your own hair models
- Commitment to learning
- Working part-time 3–5 days a week.
- Be willing to commit 3–5 days per week
- Computer savvy
- Familiar with fast-paced environments
- California Cosmetology License
- Compensation to be discussed.
As a stylist for Morphic, you’re passionate about hair and providing top-notch customer service. Our stylists are skilled in both color and cut, specializing in the balayage technique. We use L’Oreal Professional & Schwarzkopf color, feature Rene Furterer products, and selected products from other lines. You will bring your own shears, but all other equipment is provided.
You’re excited about this opportunity because...
- We’re a successful, fast-growing hair salon located in downtown San Francisco
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- You will stretch your creative hair muscles with our monthly free education
- We’re located in a high traffic area with 5 star reviews on both Yelp and Google
- You’ll be working with a passionate, growing team of stylists
- Your best work is promoted by our in-house marketing
This is a full-time position, typically over four working days per week, on a rotating schedule.
We’re excited about you because...
- You’re excited about the balayage technique and are willing to do what it takes to master it
- You want to build a strong career and you’re committed to ongoing education
- You’re ready and willing to learn more about our product lines
- You have experience in product sales
- You have superb communication skills and respond quickly to email and text
- You have a passion for hair & contributing to the growth of the salon
- You believe in taking the initiative when it comes to learning and contributing to your clients and your job
- You have a California Cosmetology license
- Compensation to be discussed.
Population Salon is hiring Salon Assistants!
We pride ourselves in offering one of the best education programs in San Francisco. Population Salon has two beautiful salon locations in the most exciting neighborhoods, with great amenities. We are genuinely interested in cultivating our teams—meaning we care for you and your future as a professional.
- must have graduated from beauty school/passed the state board or are about to graduate and have your state board date set.
- have an awesome work ethic, a bright social disposition, are always punctual and passionate about your future career as a stylist.
- are looking for a progressive education program in both cut and color.
- have flexible availability, can work nights and weekends as needed.
- are interested in working/growing with a brand (in a fast-pace environment).
- have some fundamental experience on a salon floor, and an eager willingness to learn.
- Hourly ($14/hr) + Progressive education programming
498 14th St. & 537 Divisadero St.; San Francisco, California
Domingo Robledodomingo.firstname.lastname@example.org — (415) 871-4424
- To apply, please include a telling cover letter/email and let us know what you’re looking for in a salon. Please include instagram handle (professional/hair portfolio handle preferred) and describe any recent work experience that may be relevant. Hiring window is open until the positions are filled!
- We are a beauty tech company in stealth mode looking for ambitious, well spoken, self-driven students in the beauty industry.
- To be discussed at the interview as we have many positions open.
Stylist Assistant — Rental/Trade
New salon owner needs assistance with salon. Offering rental booth for trade of salon/owner assistance. Owner has over twenty years in the business of health and beauty. The salon culture is health/yoga/community. Dog friendly
Learn from a successful stylist how to build your own business and stylist skills.
- Positive attitude, health focused lifestyle. Interests in personal growth for a bright future. This position is great for someone who is a creative person that is ready to build their skills in the industry and be their own boss rather than work for someone else.
- This is a trade arrangement; will negotiate.
The Reflection Studio/Hair by Lisa Eve
6609 Telegraph Avenue; Oakland, CA 94609
Lisa Eve(510) 695-9483 (text please)
Hair Stylist — Rental
One Twenty for Hair is searching for an enthusiastic, motivated hair stylist who is looking to work independently at a fully operational hair salon.
We are looking for a full time renter. The appropriate person will need to have full clientele in order to pay rent.
One Twenty for Hair is a family owned boutique salon that has been serving the Bay Area for the past 27 years. The salon owners, Marco and Edit Paz, have been a successful team since 1978, where they were the proud owners of La Coupe, a prestigious salon in Georgetown. They brought their talent to San Francisco, where they have since established themselves as leaders in the hairstyling industry. Marco and Edith take great pride in servicing their clients, many of which they have known for decades. They strive to provide a relaxing environment where their clients can pamper themselves and feel more beautiful or handsome every time they walk out that door.
One Twenty for Hair
155 Main Street; San Francisco, California
Rosa Paz(415) 260-7493, email@example.com
Stylist; Guest Care Coordinator
- We’re hiring motivated, happy people that love to make people’s days better! Full and part time options are available.
- Great attitude, desire to help others, desire to work in a growing team environment, available evenings and weekends...did I mention positive people only?
- Compensation varies depending on position applying for and experience.
Fusion 3 Salon
Pleasanton, Livermore, Brentwood
- Stop by any of our locations to say hi. We are an Aveda salon, and have been since 2000. We were recently voted Best Salon of the Bay 2018!
Non-Leadership, Lead Advisors, Key holders, Advisors – Part Time
Do you have a passion for Beauty, Wellness, Environment, Fashion, and Art? Do you love to play in the world of beauty? We are looking for full time and part time entry level management and sales associates at Hillsdale Aveda. Are you ready to change the world one guest at a time? Do you have what it takes?
This is a great opportunity to build your clientele, while earning an hourly salary and bonus. You will also gain extensive product knowledge and learn exceptional customer service skills.
- One year retail or guest service experience (preferred)
- Ability to work varied hours, nights, day and weekends to support the business needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Due to our commitment to the environment, we hire individuals who share this same commitment. We offer a competitive wage and excellent benefits. Aveda is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Depends upon experience. Bonus opportunities.
Aveda Experience Center
San Mateo, California
Thomas Vonstetten(650) 378-8300; firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply at the website under the San Francisco Market which includes a number of Bay Area locations.
Front Desk Coordinator
Posh Salon is a busy salon located in popular Pacific Heights in San Francisco. We are currently looking for a part time or full time front desk coordinator.
This is a perfect position for someone who is interested in getting into, or who is already in, the hair and beauty industry.
We are looking for someone who is responsible, has great customer service skills, and who is a good communicator. We offer a structured apprenticeship program for any candidate that is interested in pursuing cut and color.
Pacific Heights, San Francisco, California
Massage Therapist — Part Time
- Seeking a talented part time licensed massage therapist to join our team at a beautiful boutique day spa in downtown Napa.
- Massage Therapists and must have California state or city license.
- Massage Therapists must be trained in Swedish, Deep Tissue and Pregnancy Massage, with a minimum of 500 hours of training.
- Weekends required.
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Pay is bi-weekly and based on experience.
- Must be willing to come in for additional training, as needed.
- All positions are for employment, not independent contracting. You will help represent our company, so we ask for professionals only.
- Gratuities are cashed out each night.
- Employment over 90 days entitles you to one complimentary service per month.
Napa Massage and Skincare
Kimberly or Veronicainfo@napamassage.com. Please e-mail resume.
Brush Salon is looking for dynamic & creative professionals to join our salon team. We are a company that empowers our team members to pursue their passion while building a strong clientele and having work-life balance. We deliver world class customer service that services the greater North Bay community while being located on the Plaza of Healdsburg.
Within this position, you will work and learn side by side with our most senior educators and artists who make up to six figures. To support your long term growth, we offer a full education program with weekly cutting, styling, and color education while providing a base built in clientele upon graduating from our program.
Once graduated, we offer an extensive growth plan centered around one on one coaching, education, and business development.
Please email your resume and highlight the accolades you have received at the Cinta Aveda Institute and other jobs.
Above all else we are seeking professionals with a service attitude that are looking for a fun, creative, upbeat work environment that desires to be apart of a growing company.
You should have completed a full cosmetology program and be a licensed cosmetologist or have a set state board date. If you are still an existing student and want to inquire about a future opportunity, we welcome your inquiry.
- Brush benefits & compensation package to be discussed after inquiry.
On the Plaza: 322 Healdsburg Avenue; Healdsburg, California
Emma Hughesemma@brushthesalon.com or (707) 431-1400
- In addition to our website, please visit our Instagram page: brush_the_salon
Freelance Beauty Consultant
- We are looking for someone who has retail sales background, that is reliable, dependable, and has a passion for all things Beauty. We are looking to hire up to four people in the San Francisco, San Jose area, offering 18-30 hours a week.
- Loves all things Beauty, has retail sales experience, has a car, and willing to work on weekends.
- Based on Experience, availability, and interview we can start at $17/hr and go to $21/hr.
- You also can call us at (747) 229-9066 for more details.
Spray Tan Technician — Part Time
This is for Tuesdays and Thursday at the Union Street location. Perfect for students.
We will train on spray tanning and front desk duties.
There is opportunity to go full-time and grow with the company which would include health benefits and vacation pay.
Duties (but not limited to):
- Answering phones and emails.
- Greeting and checking clients in and out.
- Administer spray tan.
- Product knowledge and sales.
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization in the salon.
- Professional and positive demeanor
- Punctual, organized, dependable, and a fast learner.
- Have great computer skills
- Must be available to work the following shifts: Tuesdays 11:30am-8pm, Thursdays 10:30am-9pm, and some weekends
- $14 an hour plus tips, commission, sick pay, and eligible for 401k.
Union Street, San Francisco, California
Hair Salon Assistant
- Sproos Hair Salon is located in scenic downtown San Anselmo. We offer our clients the energy and feel of an uptown city salon with the warmth and atmosphere of a small town location. Our exceptional team integrates personal style with beauty to fit the individuality of each client.
- Our perfect candidate is a reliable self-starter who thrives on working in a team oriented environment; someone who takes professional criticism and feedback well and is a true multi-tasker with an ability to prioritize.
- To be determined.
Sproos Hair Salon
San Anselmo, California
Come join our team at Shear Bliss Aveda in Hayes Valley. We are a high volume salon looking for a full or part-time hourly/bonus stylist who is ready to make money and build their clientele.
We offer ongoing education through Aveda and other education classes. We have a great staff and looking for another team member to help grow there cliental with this ever growing demand of San Francisco.
Also offering booth rental full or part time. Call or email for more information.
- Experience with color and cuts
- Excellent client communication skills
- Self motivated
- Dedicated to learn
- Medical and dental insurance provided after three months.
275 Gough Street; San Francisco, California
Andrew Lucidoemail email@example.com or call (415) 255-8827.
Green Twig Salon has two sweet boutique salons in San Francisco and we are looking for an experienced, motivated, passionate stylist.
We have part time and full time availability between the two locations. We have a great client base and want a compassionate service oriented individual to work with us.
Someone with knowledge of Aveda is preferrred but not a necessity. We offer hands on training with Aveda and we also send stylists to Aveda events.
We would like for someone to join our team who has an interest in doing hair and or makeup for fashion shows and photo shoots, but this is not a necessity. We enter NAHA in the “Salon Team” category every year and are looking for a team player to join us. We also partner with local designers for fashion shows.
If you are positive, creative and professional and deliver excellent customer service and love what you do, we would love to see your resume. Check us out on Instagram to see if you are good fit.
- Positive attitude
- Board certified cosmetologist/barber
- Team player
- At least three to five years of experience in a salon
- Hourly plus commision
Green Twig Salon
1299 Church Street / 2263 Union Street; San Francisco, California
Esthetician or Makeup Artist
Benefit Cosmetics offers a great opportunity for those that love selling makeup, making women feel good while having fun doing it! Benefit Boutiques are fun, high energy, fast-paced, and a great environment to kick start your career.
We provide beautiful makeup products, brow raising, arches, full body waxing, airbrush tanning.
For more information, please email.
Able to perform the following physical duties including, but not limited to:
- Continuous standing/walking for 8 hours
- Unpacking and lifting boxes up to 30 lbs.
- Continuous bending for 8 hours to perform body waxing services
- Stocking and filling shelves, drawers, and show cases
- Cleaning displays and boutique
- Work in a fragrance-filled environment
- Employees have physical contact with clients/customers
- Maintain compliance with state board regulations
- Consistent and reliable attendance
- Operate POS system
- This position requires the final candidate to successfully pass an E-Verify check
- Hourly wage plus tips; commission on product sales.
2219 Chestnut Street, San Francisco, CA 94123
At the epicenter of the Silicon Valley, we remain known for the stellar group of eclectic, accomplished, and unique salon professionals that make Umbrella a nationally acclaimed salon. We are always changing, growing, and progressing to offer the best of the best to our savvy clientele. This means we are on the lookout for talented, dynamic individuals to enhance the Umbrella team.
We provide our staff with on-going educational opportunities and in-house teaching curriculum that graduates highly trained, competent professionals with the help of our exceptionally qualified mentors. Our staff is paid a competitive compensation and we offer great benefits.
If you are looking for a career-shaping salon experience in a creative, professional environment and feel confident about your ability to carve a niche in a nationally renowned salon, please submit your resume and a cover letter in person detailing how Umbrella Salon is a match for you.
- Valid California Cosmetology License
- $12/Hour. Tips. Commission on retail.
San Jose, California
Salon B Style Lab is hiring a (new or a few years under your belt) full-time assistant to join our family.
Our lead stylist is a Wella Master Colorist and a Sasson hair cutter with over 20 years of experience.
- competitive wage + Tips
- One-on-One hands on education
- Advanced assistant cutting and color education on Monday and Tuesdays
- Wella color education at the Wella Studio in LA
- Our Salon host in house cutting, styling and color classes from leading salon brands such as Kevin Murphy, Orbie, Davines, and R+Co
- Potential to become a full time stylist after completing our training
- To be on time
- Greeting, prepping, Shampooing and Blowdrying guest
- Prepping color stations, mixing and applying color
- Anticipate stylist and guest needs
- Keeping the salon clean and organized
- Folding Towels
- Selling retail
- Light front desk work
- Attending all education classes and events
We are looking for:
- Someone who enjoys collaborating and interacting with others
- A Team Player
- Multi-Tasker with a smile
- Understands and practices proper time management
- Strong communication and verbal skills
- Can handle constructive criticism
- Have a positive and willing to learn attitude
- Good with change and going to with flow
- Likes to have fun doing hair
- California Cosmetology License
- Salary: $10.00 to $15.00 per hour
Salon B Style Lab
San Rafael, CA 94901
We are looking for an experienced, creative, and energetic stylist to join us at our salon. We are looking for someone with a positive attitude and outlook on life who always strives for perfection and thrives in a team working with others. The successful candidate will be a great asset to the salon with unique styling techniques to bring in new customers and dazzle current ones.
- A genuine interest in styling and cutting hair
- Stay up-to-date with styling techniques
- Listen to clients’ styling needs
- Promote hair products and cross-sell
- Love working with kids
- Prior experience as a Hair Stylist / Management
- Excellent listening, communication, and Customer Service skills
- Knowledge of scheduling programs, basic computer handling
- Licensed professional
Walnut Creek, California
- Visit our salon for a tour and meet the team!
- The Academy SF is looking for full and part-time California licensed Barbers to work in our gorgeous single-chair storefront barbershop on Market Street in the Castro District.
- Represent The Academy brand in style, service, and appearance
- Knowledgeable of the full line of Baxter of California products as well as how to apply products on clients (training provided)
- Recommend and explain the use of retail products
- Must follow local and state laws and regulations, and maintain a current California Board of Barbering license at all times
- Flexible hours (negotiable)
- Friendly to clients, reliable and punctual; team player
- Commission-based, to be discussed during interview process.
The Academy SF
2166 Market Street, San Francisco
- Great opportunity with an established client base of Academy Club Members and other existing customers. We are a high-end establishment with excellent potential for growth looking for serious candidates who will fit well with our team.
- Looking for an experienced lash extension artist to take over a part time schedule. We are an established spa in San Francisco with a huge database. We are looking for someone to take over a client base due to another artist leaving. Looking to fill the position now and flexible on days and time.
- One year lash experience
- Commission based on experience
543 2nd Street; San Francisco, California
Rachel Cheng(415) 260-1628
Beauty Advisor — Part Time
- Provide quality customer service to include assistance with purchases, suggestive selling, and providing product information
- Build and maintain an understanding of all Space NK products and price information to ensure an unbiased selling approach
- Cultivate a clientele base through data capture and follow up calls and notes
- A strong passion for product knowledge and the Space NK philosophy is necessary in order to maintain and build our customer relationships
- An entrepreneurial spirit is helpful in contributing to Space NK event ideas
- Superior customer service skills are essential
- Previous retail experience encompassing skin care or cosmetics is ideal
- Must be passionate about the Space NK philosophy
- Ambition to drive sales while maintaining an exceptional level of customer service
- Must be savvy in color technique, skin care, and fragrance
- Able to attend regular trainings and stay current on product knowledge is a requirement
- Flexibility and a team-player attitude are a must
- Work an average of 20-25 hours a week and able to work weekends.
- Varies based on experience.
Fillmore Street; San Francisco
- Citrus Salon is a high end Aveda salon located in the East Bay Area. We are in search of inspired and talented individuals to join our team. Check us out on Instagram: @CitrusSalon
- Experienced stylists: Must be well versed in all areas of cutting & coloring, including balayage. Please send portfolios with resume.
- Guaranteed Income
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Sick Days
- Health Insurance
- Exclusive Aveda Products
- Participation in Aveda Trashion Show
- Photoshoot Opportunities
- Become An Educational Director
- Assistant Support
- Front Desk Support I Appointment Center
- Marketing Team
620 Main Street; Martinez, CA 94553