Beauty Industry Job Board
- We are looking for new team members who have experience cutting hair and can move through expedited training.
- Two to three years cutting hair
- Team-based attitude
- Fun & energetic.
We like to have a great time doing exceptional work. It takes a team of good peeps!
- $15.00 per hour + commission and tips
- 50% Equinox Fitness Club membership
- Roughly 70% coverage of the cost of group health plan per San Francisco large business regulations
Spoke & Weal
701 Sansome Street; San Francisco, CA 94111
Melissa Molinemelissa.email@example.com; (415) 800-7440
- Connect with us to set up a shadow day and interview. We look forward to hearing from you!
Assistant Stylists/Color Specialists
Spoke & Weal, the salon concept founded by Jon Reyman and Christine Thompson, has become a disruptor in the salon industry with a strong specialized dry-haircutting system, custom color system, New York & London Fashion Week styling teams, and rapid growth throughout the United States.
We use the Aveda professional line because the color looks more custom, has more reflective quality, and creates, overall, a more luxurious and refined look than many other lines.
San Francisco is the first Spoke & Weal location, opening in 2014. After five years, we outgrew our first space in the city and recently moved to Jackson Square with over 2000 square feet near some of San Francisco’s best restaurants and shops. We work hard to deliver the best hair in San Francisco. You’ll see...come hang.
We enjoy working! Our salons are specialized; once you have decided on a craft you will complete a comprehensive training program with our local and national education leads as well as the Directors: Jon Reyman and Christine Thompson.
- You want good things for yourself and understand the inputs to success are hard work, a good attitude, a little luck, and the ability to have a good time even in the thick of it. This is what we value. Check out our website and social and come in for a shadow day to see how we do it!
- $15.00 per hour plus tips from stylist tips pool. Our team members contribute 30% of their tips to the assistant tips-pool which totals $350 to $550 every two weeks depending on hours. Guests also tip.
- We contribute to health insurance per requirements which covers roughly 70%.
- We pay 50% of Equinox membership (optional benefit).
- We provide weekly education in-salon with the Aveda Purefessional Network’s top education team.
- We have a very straight-forward commission structure and fully transparent pay system.
Spoke & Weal
701 Sansome Street; San Francisco, CA 94111
Melissa Molinemelissa.firstname.lastname@example.org; (415) 800-7440
- Instagrams to check: @spokeandweal, @jonreymanhair, @christinethompsonhair, @dell.miller, @lindsayvictoriahair, @jakeseitchik, @kellyanne_sf
Since 1994 Cowboys & Angels Salon has built an enviable reputation as one of the top hair salons in San Francisco. Born of London tradition and fused with San Francisco style, Cowboys & Angels is a blend of laid-back professionalism, effortless style, and cutting edge technique. Located in the heart of Union Square, Cowboys & Angels Salon has been sought out for its inviting environment and expert stylists and colorists for over two decades.
Cowboys & Angels Salon is currently seeking a full time Apprentice who possesses and conveys a passion for the craft of hairdressing. As an Apprentice, you need to be a responsible person accountable for ensuring your continuous commitment to education and a shining example of the standards that have been carefully established. You must be able to work closely with the cut and color apprentices, service providers, and guests in a positive and proactive manner. As an active team player, you will help Cowboys & Angels live our mission by personally becoming impeccable with your thoughts, your words and your actions. A great Apprentice is organized, efficient and committed to continuous improvement and on-going technical training.
- Must be extremely motivated, possess excellent time management skills, and be able to effectively multitask.
- A passion for hair and customer service on all levels and the ability to make an incredible first impression.
- An outgoing and positive attitude with strong communication skills and the ability to successfully interact with a wide range of personalities.
- Team player with strong sense of integrity, accountability & responsibility.
- Must be California licensed or have a State Board test date on the horizon.
- San Francisco Minimum Wage ($15.59 an hour) + Retail Commission + Tips + Sick Pay + Vacation Pay + Advanced Education + Health Insurance Options
Cowboys & Angels
207 Powell Street #400; San Francisco, California
- Please send a cover letter telling us a little bit about yourself, along with an updated resume to the email address provided. Please note that links to your social media profiles are an added plus.
- Upscale Aveda salon under new ownership. Currently looking for experienced stylists that understand the value of a high end customer experience. We are committed to in-salon education. We are looking to build an amazing culture for both our employees and our customers. Attracting top talent is of the upmost importance to us and we will offer a lucrative commission structure to do so.
- Proven technical skills and prior upscale salon experience are required. Three years preferred.
- $15 to $20 per hour. Hourly rate plus commission.
For All Salon
Guest Services Coordinator
The Witches of 7th Street (aka Hairetics Salon) are in search of a front desk familiar to help us with all our magical endeavors. Could this be you? Are you career driven? Are you a social media wizard? Do you maintain high standards of communication and customer service? Are you intuitive and kind in action and deed? Then you may be just the one we are looking for. This is a position that can evolve into Salon Apprentice for the right candidate!
- Guest service - you are the first impression when guests enter or contact the salon. All interactions must be professional and magical.
- Sales - your responsibilities include educating guests on available services and assisting team with retail sales
- All forms of communication - phone, emails, on-line, and in-person interactions.
- Scheduling appointments, answering phones and emails, greeting and checking in/out clients, and helping to coordinate Hairetics’ social media posts (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, newsletters, etc.)
- You will be maintaining the harmony and the cleanliness of the salon, managing inventory, and occasionally wrangling your fellow witches.
- Meeting your goal plan as laid out during training.
- Customer service & sales experience preferred.
- Exceptional verbal communication.
- Experience with data entry and proficiency with Mac computers (Vagaro POS system a plus!)
- Knowledge and experience with various social media platforms.
- Ability to multitask and manage time well, with or without supervision.
- Attentive to clients and coworkers, and observant enough to notice things that need to be done without being told.
- A fast learner who can solve problems quickly and smoothly.
- Able to work mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- $15 to 16+ per hour
- 10% Retail Commission
- Paid time off
- Sick days
- Flexible part time hours
219 7th Street; San Francisco, California
- We are an education based salon and work with Redken & Pureology products; we also work with Summit Salon Solutions for a goal-based career path for all of our team members.
Revery is hiring excellent attitudes and training incredible hairdressers. Here at Revery, we are currently seeking California cosmetologists to assist us in our very busy and growing salon in Mill Valley.
Assistant duties include but are not limited to…
- greeting and preparing clients for service
- shampooing and blow drying
- maintaining the cleanliness of the salon
- effective communicating with all staff
Additionally, candidates should be…
- able to remain graceful under pressure
- comfortable in a fast paced environment
- detail oriented
- able to multi-task
- a team player
- Scheduled cosmetology test date
- $13 per hour with retail commission
- Four full days per month of specialized and individualized training (in cutting, styling and color)
- Product discounts, sales contests
- Health benefits
- A great environment with friendly staff
- The opportunity to grow and develop your career in becoming a master colorist and stylist
- Generous and interesting clientele
Revery Shavery Inc
Mill Valley, California
- To apply, please submit a resume via email.
Hi future professionals! We are Population Salon, with two locations in some of the most exciting neighborhoods in San Francisco. We specialize in both cut + color and have an education program with classes every Monday.
We are looking to hire two new apprentices for this summer season. Looking for positive, motivated individuals who want to learn both cut + color, and are interested in being part of our brand.
- Must be currently enrolled or graduated from a cosmetology program with no more than one month needed to graduate. State board date set preferred.
- Previous salon experience preferred. Customer service experience preferred.
- $15 to 16 per hour
- Sick time/paid time off accrued
- Free education program - both cut + color
- Hands-on job training
(two locations) 498 14th Street, San Francisco; 537 Divisadero Street, San Francisco
Send us your Hair Instagram handle if you have one! We’re big on documenting our work and growth. Check us out - Instagram @populationsalon
Apply Now. Best Brazilian Wax is currently seeking a Waxing Specialist.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Able to work flexible days and hours (weekends, nights, and Holiday season)
- Self-motivated, Positive, Friendly/Outgoing Personality
- Responsibility for keeping a clean and professional work area
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment
What we offer:
- Hourly wage + commission + gratuities
- Part-time job (possibly full-time)
- A fun, well managed, successful work environment
- Free body waxing
- Esthetician or Cosmetology license in California
- Experience in waxing: 1 year, preferred
- Able to perform full body waxing, including Brazilian Wax
- Salary: $35,000 to $70,000 per year
Best Brazilian Wax
Carla Martins(415) 379-9960
- Resumes can be emailed to us at email@example.com.
Receptionist — Part Time
Madison Reed is thrilled to be looking for a talented individual, who both loves coloring hair and interacting with customers. This dynamic role is based in our Hayes Valley Color Bar and on a part-time basis.
- Greet, assist, accommodate, and escort all clients and visitors with a courteous joyful nature. Guest check-in with our booking software
- Provide the highest level of customer service, including responding to email and phone inquiries for this location
- Communicate and engage clients with post-service options with Madison Reed, including products sales, booking future appointments, and online subscriptions
- Field both internal and external general questions and inquiries
- Assist with general office duties including filing and helping out on special projects as needed
- Cosmetology students encouraged.
- Experience and passion for hair color; sales proficiency is highly preferred
- Previous beauty service/salon/spa experience
- Track record in providing over-the-top, amazing customer service
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Able to handle several situations at once with poise and confidence
- Extremely organized and have strong attention to detail
- Ability to execute quickly and effectively
- Technologically savvy
- Retail experience preferred but not mandatory
- Hourly + Commission
620 Laguna Street; San Francisco, CA 94102
Spa Receptionist — Part Time
Rejuve Spa, located in the prestigious Westin St. Francis San Francisco hotel on Union Square, is searching for a go-getter with a positive attitude to join the team! The Spa is part of a state-of-the-art platform on the Penthouse Floor to bring relaxation, medical enhancements, and beauty together. If you’re looking to gain wide exposure and learn new skills in this exciting field, apply today.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating memorable guest experiences with a friendly smile and welcoming attitude
- Answer phone and email inquiries for service booking with proper etiquette, professionalism and promptness
- Accurately update the customer database system with correct guest information
- Communicating and working closely with therapists
- Discuss services, treatments and procedures with guests
- Taking initiative to solve problems and resolve guest issues
- Work cooperatively with the entire team to ensure a consistent quality of experience for all guests
- Conduct walk throughs ensuring that common areas and treatment rooms maintain a tidy and welcoming environment
- Replenish stock levels to include refilling robes, sandals, bath towels, paper toilets, and product dispensers
- Restock inventory and supplies and maintain a beautifully merchandised retail area
- Opening and closing duties of the facility
- Other projects and responsibilities assigned by manager
What we’re looking for in you:
- 1+ year customer facing experience
- Spa or hotel front desk experience a plus
- Marketing and/or merchandising also a plus
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Strong communication, both on the phone and in-person
- Positive, can-do attitude and eagerness to learn
- Accountable, dependable and punctual
- Ability to multi task responsibilities, always maintaining a positive demeanor
- Why you’ll like it here:
- Working in a team atmosphere
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunities for bonus
- Perks and discounts on services and products
- $17 to $20 per hour depending on experience plus opportunities for bonus and discounts on service and products.
Located in the Westin St. Francis Hotel on San Francisco’s Union Square
We are a high-end salon located on Sand Hill Road (Menlo Park) and in Union Square (San Francisco).
The position is for six days a month and potentially full time once you pass your 90 day probationary period. Specifically, it’s the first Friday, second Friday and Saturday, and the third Tuesday and Friday monthly.
Honestly the work is very easy, you just have to be attentive to your stylist and the clients.
There are two stylist looking for assistants. One male (Gustavo) and one female (Irina). You will only assist one stylist; let me know which you’d like to apply for. You can find their bios on the website, although they look a bit different now as those pictures were taken a while back.
- A Cosmetology license required
- Experience in hair color (mixing and application)
- Customer service (serve clients beverages, offer to order meals, sweep hair and keeping the area clean for a happy experience)
- Wash and blow dry clients, fold foils
- Empty soiled linen and replace with clean towels at least once a day
- Must be able to multitask and handle several situations at once with confidence.
- We expect professionalism and great communication skills.
- We expect you to wear nice black, navy blue, and white clothing
- The hourly rate can range from $18-20 an hour, this all depends on skill set and efficiency. especially your blow drys. You will receive commission on products sales, and get some complimentary services.
Alex Chases Salon
Menlo Park; San Francisco
Ashley Bruce(408) 876-9876 or firstname.lastname@example.org
My name is Ashley and I assist at both locations for Gustavo. I am taking more of my own clients so I eventually need someone to take over my position. You will be interviewing with me and training with me for the position. Email me with any question!
I need someone the 14th of this month, so don’t be shy! I’m nice 😊
Esthetician and In-House Educator
Our Story: True Botanicals is a fast-growing, well-funded, direct-to-consumer beauty brand on a mission to prove that we do not—and should not—have to choose between safe, natural products and luxurious, effective ones. Our innovative formulas are raising the bar on ingredients (made with the highest-quality, sustainable materials), performance (backed by clinical trials), and safety (certified nontoxic by Made Safe). And word has gotten out: influential publications from Vogue to The Wall Street Journal have featured us, and we’ve won the support of influencers and celebrities, including Olivia Wilde, our Chief Brand Activist.
Based in San Francisco, California, our small but big-hearted team is comprised of passionate individuals with diverse resumes, including former Levi’s, Condé Nast, and RealReal employees, who are motivated to transform the beauty industry. Together, we aim to inspire and empower women to take the best care of themselves, each other, and the planet—one step, one product at a time.
As a True Botanicals’ Esthetician and In-House Educator, you will oversee and operate True Botanicals’ first skin clinic. You will deliver the highest quality treatments, manage the hiring of staff as we scale, and extrapolate product insights into meaningful treatments and customer experiences. You will work with our Customer Experience team to further their coaching capabilities online, as you are in the unique position to go deeper on all things skin/wellness care.
What you’ll do:
- Perform all of the duties of our first in-house and lead esthetician; offer services and consults
- Take inventory and keep the skin clinic stocked at all times
- Achieve monthly clinic agreed-upon goals
- Hire, train, and supervise clinic staff when we are ready to expand
- Excite and engage store and clinic teams to increase sales through impactful product knowledge
- Continually seek to deepen integrations with retail, brand and influencer partners to identify additional areas of growth (on-site events, clinic activations, etc.)
- Support the training of retail staff on the benefits and sales differentiators of True Botanicals products
- Esthetician license with 2+ years of experience, ideally in a spa setting
- Deep experience set and passion for non-toxic skincare
- Excellent time management and organizational ability with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated versatility and flexibility to work in a dynamic environment with enthusiasm
- Gravitas and strong interpersonal skills
True Botanicals Inc
524 Washington Street; San Francisco, CA 94111
- Blossom Salon and Spa is an established, expanding, high-end Aveda Concept salon offering hair and skin services. Our client waiting list is insane and we are looking to share the love with prospective stylists. We are looking for a salon associate who thrives in a fast paced, high energy environment and can multi-task while focusing on the details. Our master stylist is very busy and is in need of assistance with shampooing, blow-drying, styling, and other tasks. Check out the work of Michelle, our Master Stylist, on Instagram @aboutmichellecao. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated and hard working. Once your training as a Salon Apprentice is completed, you will receive the opportunity to graduate into a Hair Stylist position here at Blossom.
- Aveda trained is a plus, but not required
- Cosmetologist license is required
- Sufficient with shampooing and blow-drying
- May need to be available on weekends and evenings
- Some salon experience is a plus, but not required.
- Competitive compensations, paid time off with product commission.
- Continued in-house and Aveda education
- Employee discounts
- Complimentary selected services
- And most importantly, a beautiful and enriching work environment!
Blossom Salon and Spa
1091 Park Place; San Mateo, California
- Also, check out our team @blossomsalonandspa :)
- B Parlor is seeking a new hairstylist apprentice who wants to start their career with a team of passionate and talented stylists that respects all things retro. If you love free education from highly talented hairstylists and enjoy working in a supportive and structured environment, then we are for you! Check us out on Instagram at @bparlorsf.
- Our goal is that you gain a higher level of skill, respect, passion, dedication, and motivation through our program. We require self-motivation, a good sense of style, stability, a current California license, and 35+ hours a week. If this sounds like you, please join us and get ready for the best Grad School for a junior stylist in the city.
- $15 to $17 + tips, paid vacation, product discounts, health insurance reimbursements, a supportive work environment, and amazing continuing education.
782 Haight Street, San Francisco, CA 94117
- More detailed information about the position.
Freelance Hair and Makeup Artists
Collective Press is looking for creative make-up artists and hairstylists to work on one-off shoots in our SF office. We are a digital media startup that makes short online tutorials for makeup, hair, nails, and more!
We’re searching for makeup artists who are able to execute makeup techniques on both themselves and on others. Must be comfortable in front of the camera!
We’re also looking for hairstylists! We’re searching for all hair types, colors, and lengths. Must also be comfortable in front of the camera.
Here is a sample video.
Please apply through the links provided in this listing. Thank you!
- Competitive rate based on experience.
South of Market Area, San Francisco, California
Aneesa Smith(209) 303-5749
Aloha Aesthetics is expanding and we are looking to grow our team! If you are extra special and do fabulous lashes, we want to get to know you! Aloha Aesthetics does things a little different in the beauty world. Here at our beauty boutique, we offer an experience, not just a service. We pride ourselves in specializing in every service we offer and our connections we make with each and every person we service. Our goal is for our team to thrive in a positive and supportive work environment.
We are looking for a talented Lash Artist, full- or part-time to be an amazing addition to our growing team! The ideal candidate for Aloha Aesthetics is motivated and enjoys working one on one with customers. If you share our love for the customers we serve, and the work we do, this is a place for you to build a rewarding career.
Check us out on Yelp, we have 38 5–star reviews! We love our clients!
Thank you and we look forward to meeting you!
The ideal candidate will be the following:
- Currently CA licensed Esthetician, Cosmetologist lash extension certification.
- 1+ years of working experience in the industry.
- Positive, upbeat, friendly and personable.
- Happy to work in a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Punctual, great attendance, responsible and hardworking Skilled at providing excellent customer service.
- Waxing, threading tanning or lash lift experience a plus!
- Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Building and maintaining a regular clientele
- Ability to sell our services and products
- Booking appointments through online scheduling software
- Providing coverage for the front desk and assisting other artists as needed
- Maintaining a clean and professional work area
Qualifications and Skills:
- Valid California Cosmetician/Esthetician License
- Demonstrated knowledge of comprehensive lash extension techniques required; previous lash extension experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with clients and coworkers.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with clients and coworkers.
- Competitive drive and entrepreneurial confidence to succeed in a commission-based environment.
- Ability to work independently while supporting a team environment.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment High level of ownership, accountability, and initiative.
- Proof of all required licensing by the state.
- Available to work at least 3 shifts per week.
Alyciaalycia@alohaaesthetics.com; To apply: Email your resume and cover letter telling us about you and what makes you a perfect fit for Aloha Aesthetics. Please also include photos of your lash portfolio and your days and hours of your availability.
- I would love to hire one or two estheticians who are competent in facial waxing, facials, and lash extensions. This is for a new spa.
- Someone who knows how to interact with people and is gentle. Someone who knows how to do extractions.
- We can discuss. It is negotiable.
Hanhan Med Spa
100 McLellan Drive, Suite 110; South San Francisco, California
Narmen Hanhan(650) 773-4726
- Work closely with senior stylist and colorists within a team across two locations. You will continue to learn skills to push you to the next level. Continued education will be available, with flexible hours around school if needed.
- Must be licensed or at school with available hours Wednesday-Saturday with your state board date set.
- Must be self driven, great team player, happy and healthy!
- Great hourly rate; commission on products sales; complimentary services.
Christopher Salon & Home
Tiburon; Mill Valley
Natasha(415) 435-0111; email@example.com
Founded in 2013, Madison Reed is a prestige beauty brand that empowers all women with a revolutionary way to color their hair. Love, Joy, Courage, Responsibility, and Trust. Join a company where we live and breathe these values, from how we treat our customers to our growing team. Madison Reed believes all women should own their beauty, which includes deserving more and living their most brilliant and honest expression of themselves.
Are you always striving to learn new ways to make people feel beautiful and confident? Perfect!
You do everything you can to learn, practice, and take initiative on all things color. You are excited to expand your knowledge and develop a career in beauty and move on to become an amazing colorist.
Who you are:
- You are eager to learn and grow your career as a colorist
- You’re a problem solver who loves to help and work with clients
- You’re a communicator who moves quickly and thoughtfully to make your client’s day
- Excited to assist Colorists with shampoo, blow outs, and keeping the color bar tidy
- Excited to attend brand training and receive one-on-one coaching to help progress to a Colorist
- Cosmetology license required
- Experience and passion for hair color
- Sales proficiency is highly preferred
- At least one year working in beauty service/salon/spa experience
- Track record in providing over-the-top, amazing customer service
- Able to handle several situations at once with poise and confidence
- Technologically savvy
- Hourly + Tips + Commissions
Harper Paige Salon is seeking fresh new talent to join our team as assistants/apprentices for our San Francisco and Oakland locations. Find inspiration and finesse your own technique working in our salon and through our assistant education program!
We’re looking for licensed cosmetologists or cosmetology students who are graduating soon.
Part of your employment will include continuing education with some of the best in the business.
Send us your resume with a little bit about yourself. Please include names of three style icons that inspire you!
- Cosmetology license or upcoming graduation date
- Friendly, focused and ready to learn
- Ready to work in a fast-paced environment
- $15 per hour plus tips and training
Harper Paige Salon
San Francisco; Oakland
We are an established San Francisco medical spa seeking an energetic medical esthetician who is experienced in chemical peels, microdermabrasion, micro-needling, and cool sculpting.
We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service in patient care and, therefore, are looking for a well organized, high-energy individual with exceptional communication skills.
This position will include evenings and weekends.
- One year experience working in a medical office as an esthetician
- Experience in a customer service, sales and medical environment is required
- Knowledge of medical skin care products and procedures
- Discretion, integrity, and loyalty are a must
- California Esthetician License required
- $25 to $30 per hour
- Product sales commission
- Complimentary procedures
- Compensation for continuing medical education
Skin Medical Spa
1825 Union Street; San Francisco, California
Robert Colvin, MD
Paid Internship — Part Time
- Looking for a licensed cosmetologist to assist with shampoos, glosses, and blowouts three days a week.
- Cosmetology License
- $15 per hour
SF Color Collective
1808 Union Street; San Francisco, CA 94123