Beauty Industry Job Board
- We are now interviewing for an established senior hair stylist to join our team of talented and creative people. This is a 4-5 day position within our beautiful upscale salon in downtown Mill Valley. We are looking for someone who is a professional, creative, and caring stylist who can continue to build our existing clientele, while bringing in new clients.
- Must be licensed, established, have the ability to grow a clientele and work within a small team.
- This is a commission based position, depending on experience.
Supervisor needed for our Jo Malone/Aveda/Tom Ford store at the San Francisco Airport!
Jo Malone London is a British lifestyle brand known for its unique fragrance portfolio and luxury products for the bath, body and home. Rewriting the rules of perfumery by mixing unexpected combinations of ingredients and providing elegant yet playful concepts where scent is used with abandon.
Tom Ford Beauty is the first true luxury brand of the 21st century. As a Tom Ford Beauty Specialist you will promote a culture defined by Tom Ford himself. The specialist inspires the excellence, elegance, style, and luxury.
Aveda is the leading premium botanical hair care and skincare brand with professional authority in the department store environment. Our standards have made us a pioneer in the green cosmetics world: now more than 90% of our essential oils and 89% of our raw herbal ingredients are certified organic.
The Jo Malone/Aveda/Tom Ford Supervisor is responsible for supervising the day-to-day activities of subordinates while coaching, developing and motivating a team of beauty advisors who together will maximize the sales of the brand they represent. They also will be assigning responsibility for specified work and/or functional activities; assisting in scheduling to ensure that all shifts are covered; assisting management in covering and running shifts; performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to the Operations Manager.
- Assists other sales associates to maximize sales and customer service through coaching, counseling and mentoring
- Resolves all customer complaints in a manner consistent with company policy, and with customer satisfaction in mind
- Administers all point of sale opening and closing procedures in accordance with corporate policy
- Operates cash register and receives payment from customer in cash or credit card, accurately counts and provides change to customers as required• Assumes responsibility for effective communication, coordination, and working relationships between associates and management
- Follows and promotes customer service and cash handling policies and procedures
- Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- Requires a minimum of 1 year supervisory/lead experience
- Requires previous Cosmetology/Beauty Adviser experience
- Requires a High School diploma or general education development (GED) diploma
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs
- Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Cantonese or Mandarin speaking preferred
- $16.50 – $18.50
World Duty Free
San Francisco International Airport
Alison Natale(510) 289-8059; firstname.lastname@example.org
Reliable Barber needed for busy Financial District barbershop.
Brogan and Son Barbershop is looking for a few reliable barbers. We are open Mondays - Fridays 9am-6pm, Saturdays 10am-4pm. Check out our website.
- You must have a license in either Cosmetology or Barbering (or both!). If you have a State Board date, we will consider your application.
- To be discussed.
Brogan and Son Barbershop
425 Battery Street Suite C; San Francisco, California
Aidan Brogan(415) 398-2272; email@example.com
- Mane Attraction, an Aveda Concept Salon, is looking for full-time or part-time stylists to join our experienced team in the Roseville/Rocklin area. If you are a passionate, enthusiastic, outgoing stylist, we have an opportunity for you. Interested stylists should share our dedication to teamwork, professionalism, and providing exceptional guest experiences. This is an extremely creative environment full of talented individuals who love what they do. Our desire to work with Aveda is what brings us all together. We are a non-smoking salon. This will be the salon you will want to stay at for the rest of your career!
- Knowledge of Aveda color
- Current cutting techniques and trends
- Waxing (optional but preferred)
- Updo’s (optional but preferred)
- Positive attitude and collaboration mentality
We will consider a junior stylist with right credentials.
- We offer a very competitive commission structure on service and retail sales, generous educational benefits, flexible work schedules and health care benefits for full-time employees.
Kristan Schoel/Marla Mays(916) 625-1980; Please respond by e-mail and be sure to include a resume and professional references.
- We have three open positions available because of exciting things happening in the lives of our stylists. This is a great time to join our team!
- We are looking for externs for our bustling salon located in the Rockridge part of Oakland. We are open every day of the week but Monday, and would love for you to come by and get your hours.
- Active student at Cinta Aveda Institute
- Tips for assisting stylists
5405 College Avenue; Oakland, CA 94618
- Renaissance Salon is looking for our next talented assistant. We are a group of dedicated professionals that are passionate about hair and our clients. We have an amazing education program that is structured to fine-tune the right skills in order to be successful hairstylists. Renaissance Salon is looking for a candidate with the right talent, maturity, and seriousness about completing an assistant program.
Qualified applicants meet the following requirements:
- great at multitasking
- able to focus on details
- Valid CA Cosmo License
- flexible to work weekends & evenings: Tuesday – Saturday
- Minimum wage plus opportunity for tips
Pacific Heights, San Francisco
Will or Rubyrenaissancesalonsf@gmail.com or (415) 931-7091
- If you are interested in working at a lively Pacific Heights salon, please contact us. We are currently looking for a Salon Receptionist position that assists with the daily operations of the salon. The perfect candidate would be someone that is currently in school and has the flexibility to work part time. The Salon Receptionist position at Renaissance Salon consists, and is not limited to, the following responsibilities: greeting clients, providing personalized customer service, booking appointments, and assisting with administrative and office duties.
Some of the qualities we are looking for are energetic, professional, and motivated. More important than being an organizational whiz and loving all the little details, you should take pride in helping to create an outstanding visit for every client who walks in the door. Administrative and office experience is necessary, and/or a background in the fashion or retail business will be considered.
Must be available Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays
- Compensation will reflect experience. Bonus structure and health insurance available.
Pacific Heights, San Francisco
Will or Rubyrenaissancesalonsf@gmail.com or (415) 931-7091
Cosmetologist, Makeup Artists - Event Volunteer
- Cosmetologists and Makeup Artists interested in Fashion Shows and Tech Fashion needed for May 21 and May 22 at the Maker Faire. We will be doing two days of Fashion Tech and Wearable Tech in San Mateo, California. The location is accessible by public transit and parking shuttle, no parking available on site. Fashion/beauty makeup and styling for 5-10 models. We hope to have 3-5 volunteer cosmetologists and makeup artists.
- Volunteer cosmetologist and makeup artists need to have their own kit and supplies. We will have a small green room and can provide some very basic supplies based on discussions before the event.
- Volunteer only. You are welcome to explore the Maker Faire after the show.
We asked our team what they like about working for Snip-its and here is what they said:
- “Coming here is my me time. I love working with kids.”
- “The local owners are real people that really believe in us and our growth as individuals. I am looking forward to growing with the company as they open more locations in the East Bay”.
- “I really enjoy coming to work. The team is supportive of me personally, sharing knowledge and expanding my skills, and working together to build and maintain a 5-Star Reputation.”
Snip-its Hair Stylists are outgoing, friendly, reliable, team players with a positive attitude and a love for working with children. Snip-its Hair Stylists must have an active CA Cosmetology License and perform technically accurate cuts on all customers while maintaining efficiency.
Snip-its Walnut Creek opened in November of 2016 and is part of a national franchise with 60+ locations. Snip-its is a kid’s salon offering haircuts, birthday parties, and spa services.
Our team takes a vested interest in their career and in our success by helping to recruit good talented CA Licensed Stylists for our team. Mention the name of someone on our team when submitting your application and both of you will receive a referral bonus should you be hired and remain part of our team.
Snip-its Hair Stylists participate in various Salon Operations including…
- Birthday Party Up Do’s and Spa Services
- Educating customers on our products and services and participate in marketing campaigns
- Grassroots marketing, including promoting the salon at area events and to other businesses
- Participation in training and meetings (in-person and webinars)
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and well stocked Salon
- Perform front-desk operations when Receptionists are not present
Snip-its Hair Stylists have the opportunity to earn additional income through tips and our bonus plan by providing excellent customer service, sharing product knowledge, and performing top-notch haircuts in a timely manner.
Please include your Cosmetology License # with your application. We are seeking applicants at various experience levels for both full time and part time roles. Whether you are soon to graduate, a few years in, or well into your career, we are excited to have you join our team.
Working somewhere else and looking for some additional hours? Join us! We encourage everyone to stop by and visit. Snip-its is a fun environment to work in.
- Stylist with Active California Cosmetology License
- Available on Weekends
- Enjoy being around children
- Willingness to float between duties as Hair Stylist, Party Host, and Receptions when needed.
- Hourly Staff Member (Base Salary + Tips + Bonus)
Walnut Creek, California
Yvonne Buscher (Manager & Cinta Aveda Graduate)(925) 222-5210 (Salon)
- Salon Owner: Colette Becker (925) 943-7437
Got a passion for waxing and want to boost your career? Then join our growing family of Wax Specialists at European Wax Center! As an Esthetician Wax Specialist, you’ll be a friendly and passionate team player who can hit the ground running while also building your skills with our comprehensive training program. We’re in the business of Revealing Beautiful Skin, and with your help, you’ll give guests a reason to walk in, and strut out.
To encourage loyal guests, we offer incentives (packages and memberships) and use local and national advertising to promote guest frequency. And to ensure your guests always receive the best results, European Wax Center has an exclusive line of skin and brow-care retail products.
- A licensed Esthetician or Cosmetologist in California, willing to learn new techniques.
- A positive, friendly, upbeat, and personable demeanor.
- A professional appearance at all times.
- Capable of doing all types of body waxing.
- Ability to work in a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work 4 shifts per week, including 1 weekend shift.
- Reliable and on time.
- Sales experience is preferred.
- Hourly, commissions, tips, and bonuses
- Discounts on all retail products.
- Free body waxing.
- A fun, well-managed, successful work environment.
- Career growth.
- Sick time
European Wax Center
Daly City; San Bruno
- We are the Peerdistrict company and we’re helping those stylists who can’t afford to start their own business because of the large startup cost. We allow them to rent booths and suites from local salons. If they visit our website, Stylists can browse over 100 salons, and rent by day, week, or month on demand.
Huntington Beach, California
Janssoninfo@peerdistrict.com (424) 371-6679
Hair Stylist Assistant
- Welcome to the world of LaBelle - Our goal is to make every LaBelle client feel welcome, pampered, and beautiful. Established in 1975 by owner Bella Schneider, Labelle encompasses two Palo Alto award winning day spas and salons. Please visit our website.
- We are seeking talented team players. Candidates must be motivated, talented, willing to learn, have a flexible schedule, and be client service oriented. You will learn from — and receive regular training from — some of the Bay Area’s most talented hairdressers. You must be a licensed cosmetologist in California to apply for this position.
- Based on experience and skill
LaBelle Day Spas & Salons
Eyelash Extension Technician
- Learn the skill of applying eyelash extensions and work at North America’s largest lash lounge, Noir Lash Lounge.
- Must have a current certificate of Esthetics or Cosmetology valid in the state of California
- Previous retail experience
- Makeup artistry experience also preferred
- Steady hands / Good eyesight / Coordination
- Ability to focus on small details continuously and perform the task
- Ability to multitask — answer phones, process payment & schedule appointments as needed
- Must be available to work evenings, Saturdays, and Sundays and have a minimum availability of 27 hours/week
- Must be available to work in both Burlingame and San Francisco
- Hourly, Tips, and Commission
Noir Lash Lounge
3024 Fillmore Street; San Francisco, California
- Passionate, confident, career focused esthetician wanted for busy Solano County concept salon. We have a grand opportunity available for a skillful and motivated individual. Please check us out on our website. Being Aveda’s first Solano County concept salon, and having partnered with Aveda for 32 years, we have a very loyal, deep rooted guest list. They are waiting for you to deepen their devotion to Aveda Spa with us!
Our team is dedicated to providing amazing guest experiences. We do this by striving towards, meeting, and excelling in Aveda’s benchmarks. If you are skillful, like-minded, demand the best from yourself, are eager to promote your craft, plus are full of smiles, you will be a perfect match!
Our next team member needs to be a virtuoso in skincare, makeup, and waxing.
- To be discussed
Hot Shots Salon Spa
RondaPlease send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me why you would be a wonderful addition to our team.
Mobile salon covering the North Bay. We cater to people who have a hard time getting to a salon on their own. We are looking for compassionate individuals to Style Hair/Manicure Nails. Benefits:
- Amazing compensation + Tips!
- You make your own hours
- No need to market for clients
- Helping those who are in need of services
- Connecting with the community
- Expanding your knowledge and experience within the field
If you have a compassionate and loving heart with an enthusiastic desire to help serve people who are housebound, you would be a great fit for our company. We take great pride in treating our clientele with dignity and kindness offering services for hair and nails.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Can work flexible hours
- Have a reliable means of transportation
- Can travel around the North Bay
- Preferred 2 years experience
- Have your own salon grade supplies and tools
- Have valid California State Cosmetology License
- Have a high level of cleanliness
- For stylists, be familiar with different styles of hair (mainly for seniors, for expalme: cuts, roller sets, and styles that last for days)
- Based on experience
Comfort Salon and Spa
1732 Redwood Hwy; Corete Madera, California 94925
Manifesta is a hair salon and community salon in the old downtown neighborhood of Oakland, California. We aim to return to an older model of a hair salon, a place where we connect to and build relationships with our clients and our community so that we succeed and thrive together. Our goal is to serve as members of a life team to our clients and help spur their and our own exploration, creativity, entrepreneurship, and financial and social well-being. In addition to creating beautiful, wearable, contemporary hairstyles, we also encourage the community to use our space for thought provoking and engaged dialogue and education. Our core company values are:
- Craftsmanship — a spirit and practice of care, love, artistry, practicality and lasting beauty that shapes our choices and charts our path
- Consideration — an understanding that deep and full appreciation requires time, compassion, respect for the other, and a willingness to listen and ponder before reaching a conclusion
- Reciprocity — an acknowledgement that we are in relationship with everyone and everything else, and in this relationship we seek the dynamics of giving and receiving to bring us greater bounty as we all thrive together.
Duties will include:
- Services — Taking clients for haircuts, coloring and styling either by appointment or walk-in. We do not perform chemical relaxers or perms.
- Additional — In the time when not booked with clients, we expect our stylists to split their time between marketing, education, and housekeeping. This could include but is not limited to: client outreach (emailing, canvassing the neighborhood), feeding social media content to our SM manager, product merchandising, researching and cataloguing educational videos, researching and attending professional classes, practicing services on doll heads or color swatches, taking models, tidying salon, cleaning staff areas (color bar, break room), tearing foils, folding towels, etc.
- Manifesta is seeking an experienced stylist: 1-3 years behind the chair is ideal. Must be licensed in the state of California. Experience with Aveda is preferred. Specifically hoping to find someone who is comfortable cutting and coloring textured hair. Our clientele is as diverse as the city of Oakland itself — we have demand for edgy, creative cuts and colors, high-end, professional styles as well as low maintenance and easy ones. We have clients who come in every four weeks without fail, as well as those who come once or twice a year. Manifesta encourages its stylists to explore and cultivate their unique talents as artists, as well as step outside their comfort zones to try new things. We are looking for someone who goes the extra mile to provide exceptional customer service to their own clients as well as the salon clientele as a whole. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be someone who wishes to make a demonstrated commitment to their coworkers and supervisors as a contributing member of our team.
- An hourly wage plus a commission on services performed.
- A yearly education stipend of $250 which can be used for hair education or other career enriching classes.
- Forty hours of paid time off plus two work weeks of unpaid time off.
831 Broadway; Oakland, California 94607
Please send resume, references and a brief cover letter detailing why you are interested in this job. Please include specialties or specific interests in the field, as well as any photos of prior work that you would like us to see.
Interview process is two fold: first interview is an in depth discussion regarding prior experience, strengths and weaknesses and future plans, second interview is a practical hands on interview with models in the fields of haircut and color.
We love Cinta Aveda graduates — two of our owners are grads as well as three of our stylists. Looking forward to meeting you!
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the industry and interested in their career growing as the salon grows. We need someone who is passionate about putting the client first, and building a positive and professional relationship with the salon clients. Knowing the importance of creating a positive, high-end experience is a must. We also need someone who is on-time, detailed, and positive.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Helping the owner manage areas of the business
- Greeting, checking-in and checking-out clients, and hosting our high-end clientele
- Performing the scheduling and sales operations for the salon
- Building client loyalty and positive client relationships for the salon
- Managing products, stocking/receiving
- Managing some supply inventory
- Opening and closing duties
- 0-3 years administrative or reception experience, preferably in a salon or spa
- Detail oriented. Meets deadlines and able to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- No fear of providing an elite client experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with scheduling and point-of-sale software
- Ability to work 25+ hours a week; flexible schedule
- A long-term commitment to this role
- Hourly compensation negotiable dependent on full or part time.
The Pretty Pretty Collective
3290 22nd Street; San Francisco, California
Georgia Rew or Megan Schneider(415) 282-2002
- Please feel free to email a resume to: email@example.com or stop into the salon and introduce yourself.
Stylist — Part-Time
- Blowology is looking for a licensed cosmetologist to join our small family in the heart of the city. We specialize in exceptional blowouts and the ultimate beauty experience for our clients. We are a family owned business that believes creating a great environment for our clients and employees. We are looking for a goal oriented, self motivated and driven individual with passion for the beauty industry. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to build their own clientele and grow within Blowology. We are a busy salon so we need someone who is motivated and goal driven.
- Valid California cosmetology license
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Driven and Motivated
- Outstanding customer service
- Administrative/phone skills are a plus
- We offer competitive wages hourly plus tips
660 Market Street, #210; San Francisco, California
Suzi Dominguez(415) 524-7285 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please drop off a resume Tuesday thru Friday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. or email us. Thank you and looking forward to meeting you.
Hi there! My name is Lana and I am the owner and a stylist at Salana, a cute Nob Hill neighborhood salon. One of our longest standing stylists moved to SoCal so we have an opening and are looking for another rock star stylist to join us. Come talk to me, and let me walk you through our business and show you how you can make great $$ and be a successful stylist.
Everyone rents a booth and this has worked out wonderfully. I would also consider commission if someone wanted. I am open either way. Everyone makes their own schedules and works whenever they want. This is ideal for someone who has existing clientele and/or is excited to build more. This is also ideal for someone who likes to make great money, have a flexible schedule, and wants to be their own boss.
We have 5 stars on Yelp, have created a fantastic reputation, and have very loyal clientele. I am looking for someone who is drama free, takes care of their own business, and understands that customer satisfaction is #1. We have Aveda products and color so you can either join us with Aveda or you can use your own color line.
Looking forward to meeting you,
1045 Bush Street; San Francisco, California
Lana Bowen(415) 806-4769
- International salon seeks creative stylist
- Socially Engaged
- Fulfillment in life
- Team Oriented
- Portfolio Compensations Upon Interview
One Market Street; San Francisco, California
Three Part interview:
- Resume in hand
- Portfolio looks
- Selective Candidate for demonstration
The Style Bar is the first blow dry bar in Marin County. Our growing business is looking for positive, ready to learn, talented cosmetologists to join our team. We do makeup, Brazilian smoothers, braiding, extensions, and onsite weddings. This makes Style Bar a great place to launch your career.
What We Offer:
- Highest paid blowdry stylists
- Incentive contests, and bonuses, retail commission
- Kerastase and Young Blood makeup training opportunities
- Flexible schedules
- Cosmetology License
- $12 & up depending on experience, 10% commission on Kerastase product sales, bi-annual merit bonuses
The Style Bar
Sole Salon and Spa is an Aveda Lifestyle SalonSpa. We foster our team’s unique dreams, by first identifying each members natural gifts as a starting point. We continue by mapping out a training schedule designed to build confidence and certainty through technical demonstration on models each week for your advancement, all while supporting the daily operations of the salon and our team, with equal enthusiasm and commitment. Our daily operations include, but are not limited to, handling all laundry services, keeping restrooms clean and tidy, restocking our color bar and shampoo lounge, removing trash and recycling and being responsible for the overall cleanliness of the salon.
Our training program offers dynamic technical, business, and culture coaching designed to provide each team member with the physical, mental, and emotional skills required to succeed with us. Our team lives the legacy of a company that has dedicated the past 20 years to self-actualization, environmental leadership, and personal-well-being; all the while pursuing the dream of making each client’s day better than the last. Our senior creative mentors and founders teach the latest in classical, and advanced technical training from industry leaders around the world.
- All applicants must have a California Cosmetology License.
- $13 an hour plus tips
Sole Salon & Spa
Bay Street Shopping Center; Emeryville, California
In addition to our technical training, we have four enrichment programs that assist in you professional development.
- Sole Council: our governing board.
- Alignment Lab: a monthly workshop exploring emotional and intellectual intelligence.
- Mentor U: our mentor program led by four of our brightest senior mentors.
- The Eternal Art of being Human: a monthly meditation exploring contemplation, reconciliation, and cognitive daily practice.
Well-known, high volume, innovative, hip, high-end hair salon in Hayes Valley is looking for new talent in the hair industry. Transitioned from a salon name change, our salon is a staple in the San Francisco salon industry and recognized as an industry leader and innovator in hair cutting and color. We pride ourselves in having the most creative, self-motivated, professional, and talented stylists in the city and our large, diverse clientele and great reputation is a testament to that.
Located in booming Hayes Valley, our unique space is the perfect balance of rustic and refined with elements of exposed-brick, wood, and metal throughout. Our large space houses 18 station chairs, a mezzanine lounge area, and a bar equipped with an espresso machine and wine for our clients to enjoy. Our salon offers continuing education within our team through in-salon classes and workshops (from top industry professionals among our partners and others — Wella Professionals, Kerastase, SachaJuan, R+Co.), retail sales incentives, and classes through our Education Program. We believe in nurturing and inspiring our teams creative mind by producing creative projects for our salon (salon lookbooks, hair shows, etc.), curating a rotating art-gallery of local artists, and being involved in our local community. Our team is a well-rounded group of creative and talented individuals and we’re looking for candidates who are the same.
With the growing demand in San Francisco and our own growing clientele, we’re looking for a full-time assistant through our Education Program to join our growing team.
- We’re looking for new talent in the industry to join our Education Program and become an apprentice at our salon. Our program is not specialized, so a passion for both color and cut is a must. We’re looking for licensed new talent who’s highly motivated and seeking continuing education to build their basic skill set. If you are passionate about your craft, self-motivated, and eager to build your skills, apply.
- Industry standard/competitive compensation + health insurance benefits
Taylor / Monroe Salon
448 Grove Street; San Francisco, California 94102
- Send resume to T/M Education Director, Angela Harrison. Please indicate your current employment situation, what you’re looking for in your next move, and why you love doing hair or being a part of the beauty industry.
Sally Beauty is the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies and we have over 3,300 stores carrying over 7,000 professional products for our customers.
We are currently hiring Store Associates to join our team! As a Store Associate, we want you to bring your talents, experience, and enthusiasm to a team-oriented and dynamic environment. We believe that our success is based primarily on the quality and hard work of our valued team members to bring the Beauty world to our customers.
- Strong and dependable work ethic, with a drive to uphold our Culture of Can Do
- Possess a passion for the beauty industry with the desire to teach our customers about our products
- Self-starter with a drive to continuously learn and develop in their career
- Must be 18 years of age of older
- Previous sales and/or cosmetology experience preferred but not required
- To be discussed.
Locations throughout the Bay Area
Assistant stylists needed for our high end salons in Tiburon and Mill Valley. Join our existing team of creative professional people focused on great service with a warm and caring attitude. These are 3-5 day positions, close to the ferry terminal, in beautiful downtown Tiburon and in downtown Mill Valley. We also offering externing.
You will be offered continued education with our senior team in a self-paced program in either cut or color or both. If you have the drive and ability to succeed, you will do so quickly with guidance from our motivated talented team.
- Must be well presented, motivated and reliable.
- Competitive hourly rate plus great tips and commission on sales.
Tiburon; Mill Valley
Makeup Artist; Esthetician
Bluemercury on Chestnut Street is looking for passionate team members that are excited about Beauty! We are looking for part-time and freelance estheticians and makeup artists.
- Retail experience and California esthetician or cosmetology license
Chestnut Street, San Francisco, California
Marina(415) 637-6668 or email@example.com. Please message me or email your resume.
Esthetician — Part Time
- Esthetician needed for upscale North Berkeley eco-organic day spa, Saturdays from 12:30-6:30.
- Responsible, trustworthy, hard-worker.
- Healthy Commission
North Berkeley, California
Assistant wanted for extremely busy salon downtown.
Joseph Cozza Salon is recognized by local and national press as one of San Francisco’s best salons.
We have the cities most creative, busiest hair stylists and colorists. We provide you the opportunity for excellent pay, benefits and, most importantly, education in the field of hair design and color.
Our comprehensive training is performed by our staff and/or outside educators. Formal classes are held every other week. Our training program lasts approximately 1½ to 2 years.
Full-time employment is preferred.
- All applicants must have a current cosmetology license issued from the California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology to be considered for the position. No exceptions can be made.
- $13/hr plus potential tips
- Medical/dental benefits for full-time employees
- Sick Pay
Joseph Cozza Salon
Union Square, San Francisco
James Bondoc(415) 433-3030
We are looking for several motivated individuals who are looking to join our highly motivated team. Our ideal candidate wants to execute 5-star service and will give that to each guest.
We are looking for part-time positions with a future for full-time for openings in our Apprenticeship program as well as our Front Desk.
Previous retail experience is a plus. You make commission off of each sale and we need people who are committed to making those sales. Any past history of high-end customer service is a bonus.
Our apprenticeship program is structured to get you as a stylist on the floor. After about 9 months working as an assistant, you will be given a schedule at our bustling salon. You must have your cosmetology license to apply for this position.
- Managing guest appointments efficiently and accurately
- Handling a high volume of calls with multiple lines
- Ability to handle high-energy environment while under pressure
- Retail sales for skin care, makeup, and hair products
- Provide stellar customer service at all times regardless of situation
We would love you to check out our website and read some of our amazing reviews on Yelp so you understand our commitment to customer service.
- Cosmetology license
- Evening and weekend availability
- Ability to commit to a schedule.
- Professional communication
- Fashionable appearance
- Team player
- Detail oriented
- Excellent time management and punctuality
- Experience with money handling and balancing cash drawer
Compensation depends on experience. Some benefits include:
- opportunities to grow with the company
- discounted salon services and products
- Rockridge merchant discounts
- specialized training
- benefits package for full-time employees
5405 College Avenue; Oakland, CA 94618
Katherineinfo@futurevanitynovelty.com Please e-mail us with the position you are applying for in the subject, and your resume. The most qualified applicants will then be selected for our interview process. No phone calls, please.
- Harper Paige Salon is an upscale boutique style salon located in San Francisco’s Union Square. Our easy going, very stylish, family feel team makes for a great work environment. We are currently looking for a part time assistant with the potential for full time. We will also accept externs. Our assistant program does include weekly cutting education classes. The ideal assistant will possess the following qualities: first and foremost be professional and passionate, a multi tasker and team player who takes pride in his/her work. In addition you must learn quickly and have a sense of urgency, and lastly, you need to be customer service oriented. We are looking for someone who wants to take their career and hair education to the next level.
This position is one in which you will be assisting a colorist or stylist therefore you must be a licensed cosmetologist, or on your way to being licensed.
To apply for this position you must submit a resume and cover letter as well as answer these questions about yourself.
- What do you want from this experience?
- Who is your style icon?
- What is your availability?
- Hourly + Tips
11 Tilman Place; San Francisco, California
Eyelash Extension Artist
- iLash Extensions Inc. is looking for licensed esthetician or cosmetology individuals who want to become part of our fast growing eyelash extension business team. We have an exciting solid clientele and are ready to expand our business. If you are passionate in the beauty of eyelash extensions, hard working, willing to work on weekends, and want to start your own career in the industry, we are inviting you to join us at the heart of San Francisco Union Square. Please include your resume in the body of the email ASAP, looking forward to hearing from you! (No calls please — we won’t be able to answer your call since we are always booked back to back with appointments.)
- Experience is a plus, however is not necessary. We do provide training for the right person if is needed.
iLash Extensions Inc.,
500 Sutter Street, Suite 212; San Francisco, California
Attention all Estheticians & Cosmetologists — we provide training and we offer comprehensive hands-on training to ensure our stylists provide guests the ultimate lash extension treatment. We welcome those with experience as well as talented new graduates. We are looking for someone who is passionate about making our clients beautiful and exceeding guest satisfaction and expectations daily.
Are you located in Redwood City and nearby surrounding areas within San Mateo County? Then come and apply with us!
- Licensed Cosmetologist/Esthetician in California
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Must be available to work weekdays, weekends, and evenings.
Employee Benefits Include:
- We provide training
- Great referral program
- Regular weekly schedule
- Working in your own private suite
- Paid training to build your skills
- Opportunities for raises & career growth
- Hourly wage, commission and bonus program
- Free eyelash extensions
- Employee discounts on all products
Amazing Lash Studio
1011 El Camino Real, B5; Redwood City, CA 94063
Katie Voong(650) 224-2164 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Open interviews — come interview between 10am and 1:30pm every Tuesday & Thursday. Our Hiring Managers will be onsite, accepting resumes and conducting interviews.
You may email your resume to schedule an interview.
Cherry Blow Dry Bar is looking for talented, passionate, professional stylists to join our team! If you love styling, makeup, hair extensions, treatments, and all things beauty, we’d love to meet you!
We focus on memberships, giving clients accessibility to gorgeous hair at all times! No cut’s or color at our salons.
We require the following from our stylists:
- Valid Cosmetology License
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency with use of hair tools
- Ability to work independently and as a team!
- Competitive hourly wage plus commissions & bonus
Cherry Blow Dry Bar
3571 Sacramento Street, San Francisco, CA 94118
- (415) 292-4113
Stylist; Salon Assistant; Massage Therapist; Apprentice; Client Coordinator
- Blossom Salon & Spa is a full service AVEDA concept salon located in San Mateo, California. Our mission at Blossom is to foster personal improvement and growth to promote caring for the earth and the life around us. We are committed to our team by keeping them at the forefront of their fields through continuing education with training and advanced courses, both in-house and at top institutions, so that our clients can experience and benefit from AVEDA’s amazing products as well as the latest techniques and trends. Aligned with AVEDA’s mission, we at Blossom also strive to embody excellence in all that we do.
We are looking for qualified candidates who possess:
- Professional maturity in interaction with guests and fellow teammates
- Strong initiative and accountability
- Proven work ethic
- Drive to succeed
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous AVEDA training (a plus, but not required)
- Competitive base hourly with opportunity for growth as you advance through different levels by mastering skills and responsibilities
Blossom Salon and Spa
1091 Park Place, San Mateo CA 94403
- You are welcome to visit our salon in-person!
- Exceptional, motivated and professional licensed esthetician needed for our high end salon in Mill Valley. You will have your own beautiful space, with the ability to grow this position with the services you excel at — wax, makeup, lashes, facials, and massage.
- A great attitude, with the drive to succeed within a team of talented stylists is a must. We are looking for someone who loves what they do!
- This is a commission-based position 4 to 5 days each week.
Calling all beauty gurus! Are you passionate about changing people’s lives with your skin care & beauty expertise? We’re looking for stellar Estheticians who possess can-do attitudes and a never-ending desire to expand their health & beauty knowledge base.
We’re Pharmaca and we’re all about sharing natural well-being philosophies and practices with our communities.
The day-to-day will look something like this:
- Working on the retail floor and providing our customers with all the tips, tricks, and knowledge they could need to make educated purchases
- Applying make-up and color-matching for customers. We want our clients to feel so beautiful that they keep coming back to see you!
- Conducting event related mini-facials using products from Astara, Dr. Hauschka, jane iredale, Sanitas, Weleda, Zia, Acure & more!
- Providing brow services (some of our stores are fully equipped with Brow Bars)
- Helping out our practitioners with the operations and ins and outs of the store
We politely insist that our Esty’s will:
- Possess a current Esthetician or Cosmetologist license (Have a focus on natural skin care, health and beauty? Even better!)
- Have outstanding customer service skills. (You know how you feel with your hairdresser? We want that vibe for you and our clients.)
- Have flexible schedules, but can commit to at least one weekend day per week
- Maintain the most optimistic, can-do attitude. We want go-getters!
- Align themselves with our values: self-accountability, teamwork, community, environmental sustainability and superior customer service
- Hourly + Bonus
Pharmaca Integrative Pharmacy
Mill Valley, California
- Join the Aya Salon & Spa team. We have an opening for a Esthetician and Guest Services position. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a growing business. We believe in learning and growing daily and have advanced educational opportunities with career growth.
- Califoria Esthetician license. Outgoing personality. Genuine love for helping people feel great.
- Hourly, bonus, benefits
Aya Salon & Spa
- We are looking for a friendly, happy individual to join our AYA Salon & Spa Coordinator team. This position may also be combined with our Assistant/Apprentice program.
- Team player with a strong work ethic and a desire to make a difference in the world through your everyday actions.
- Hourly plus bonus
Aya Salon & Spa
We’re looking for a talented stylists’ assistant wanted for our upscale hair salon. Are your skills or potential worthy of one of the top salons in San Francisco? Take a look at our website and, if you think you belong with us, read on!
Cinta Salon is a team salon focused on client satisfaction and comfort. Our salon and spa has an established and loyal clientele that has grown to expect great service in a great environment.
Your ability to work as a supportive team member are as important as your skills, so if you’ve got the skills or potential, but most importantly the right attitude, we have a place for you!
Our continued growth has created space for a new assistant to join our team.
We offer an extensive education program that allows you to grow technically and professionally as you progress in your career. As a newly licensed cosmetologist, we invite you to come and grow with Cinta Salon!
- Cosmetology license required.
- Discussed upon hire. As an assistant at Cinta Salon, you’ll enjoy benefits that include top-notch education, medical insurance, 401K, and a great work environment!
23 Grant Avenue; San Francisco, California
Sara Watson(415) 989-1000. To apply for a position in our assistant program visit the salon and fill out an application.
- Well established, full service salon and spa located in the Upper Market/ Castro neighborhood seeks full time and part time California licensed professionals.
- Haircuts, color, perms. Knowledge of Aveda/Dermalogica product lines a plus!
- To be discussed at interview.
Face It Salon and Spa
2343 Market Street; San Francisco, CA 94114
Helen/manageremail resume to email@example.com
Cosmetologist (Nail Technician)
- Greeting guests, understanding their requirements, and describing available treatments
- Performing duties accurately and on time according to protocols
- Providing professional hand and foot nail treatments according to customer requirements and preferences while following protocols
- Keeping the spa/nail equipment in good condition
- Using products in right amount to avoid wastage
- Offering & selling products to customers
- Having understanding and knowledge about different nail conditions and treatments available, and different nail care products
- Maintaining high sterilization standards and hygiene according to law and the spa procedures
- Performing treatment preparation and maintaining spa area
- Handling concerns of customers professionally and courteously
- Follow hourly and operational checklists
- Assist other staff when necessary
- Provide facility tours when necessary
- Attend/Participate in all team educational meetings/trainings
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Enjoy working with all kinds of people
- Be a team player
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Report to Spa Manager
- Certified and licensed in manicure and pedicure treatments in California
- Must be kept current with the laws of California
- Hourly + Service + Service upgrades
- Retail Commission
- Retail Sale Incentives
Maack Spa at The Loews Regency
Spa Director - Sarah Jones(415) 276-9769 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Blow Dry Bar Stylist
- Talented stylist needed for our blow dry bar in our Tiburon location. Join our existing team of creative and professional people focused on great service with a warm and caring attitude. This is a five day position, close to the ferry terminal in beautiful downtown Tiburon.
- Your ability to work in a small team is a must. Existing clientele have become familiar with exceptional service, therefore your willingness to continue with this as well as grow the business even more is a must! An amazing shampoo and blow dry is also a must!
- To be discussed at interview.
- (415) 435-0111
- Citrus Salon is hiring full time stylists who are ready to work on the floor immediately. Must be highly skilled in all areas of cutting and coloring, including balayage.
Current California Cosmetology License
1+ years experience behind the chair
- This is a commission based position.
631 Main Street; Martinez, California
- At Citrus Salon, we believe in consistently providing outstanding service and superior products. Our team is committed to growth and inspiration through continued education. We value genuine connections, guest experience, and community.
- We are currently hiring passionate individuals looking to further develop their skills behind the chair through our advanced education program. Our staff starts off in our ‘Apprentice Assisting Program’ and receives one on one instruction from the Citrus educational directors. From there, they advance into our New Talent program, where they further hone their skills in more advanced techniques with clients before graduating to full time Citrus Stylist! Our apprentice program is 18 weeks, and includes one on one mentorship while assisting our master and senior stylists behind the chair.
- California Cosmetology License
- $12/hour + Tips
631 Main Street; Martinez, California
- At Citrus Salon, we believe in consistently providing outstanding service and superior products. Our team is committed to growth and inspiration through continued education. We value genuine connections, guest experience, and community.
- Pure Salon Spa is an Aveda Salon/Spa offering a full spectrum of beauty, skin services, and treatments. We’re looking for a new part-time assistant/stylist to join our team!
- Valid California State Cosmetology License, experience with Aveda color.
- Discussed upon hire
Pure Salon Spa
Lindsay Miller(510) 623-7873, email@example.com
- Come join our dynamite team at Brush Salon! We have a special opening in our apprentice educational program here at Brush Salon in Healdsburg, California. In our apprentice program, we offer weekly educational cutting, styling, and color workshops, as well as one on one personal mentorship and business development. Our core values are education, teamwork, community, giving back, and let’s not forget having fun.
- Be a licensed cosmetologist looking for a full time position that is passionate about our industry and eager to start your career.
- To be discussed within the interview process.
322 Healdsburg Avenue; Healdsburg, California