Beauty Industry Job Board
Assistant position available for a motivated, outgoing, and licensed cosmetologist in our busy East Bay salon. Duties include shampooing, blow drying, some color applications, and general cleaning.
We offer our cosmetologists an advanced program, with one day a week dedicated to your training. Classes include cutting, color, styling, and much more. Ketér salon has been voted reader’s choice Best Salon of the East Bay (East Bay Express) seven years in a row.
At Ketér, we love to continually hone our skills to be better stylists and to bring our guests the best techniques, styles, cuts, and colors. If you’re motivated to grow your career, please consider reaching out to us. We offer benefits and a 401k plan, designed for your career path. We look forward to hearing from you.
- California Cosmetology license
- Ability to work with a team
- Excellent customer service
- A can-do attitude
- Desire to learn and grow
- Base hourly pay. Medical benefits and 401k plan after a probationary period. Please call salon for more information.
2030 4th St.; Berkeley, California
- Upkeep of Station and Surrounding Area throughout Shift
- Compliance with State Board Regulations and Standards
- Great Customer Service
- Effectively Resolve Customer Issues
- Open and Direct Communication Style
- Willingness to Learn and Challenge Yourself Professionally
- Willingness to Donate Time to Charity and Community Events
- Attention to Detail
- Goal and Team Driven attitude
- Genuinely enjoy meeting new people, creating conversations and playing host.
- Have an active, engaging Instagram and social media presence for self promotion
- Diverse Group of Coworkers, All Backgrounds and Experience Levels
- Monthly Education, Trainings, One-on-Ones
- Comfortable, Fun Work Atmosphere
- Online Booking
- Marketing to Build Clientele
- Full Back Bar
- Free WiFi
- Complimentary Drink for Clients
- Mezzanine / Lounge Area for Clients *Comfy Chairs, cocktails and TVs
- Front Desk Support
- Support from The Athletic Club Brand
AC barbers will be offering the highest standard of services along with availability to do pop up services on weekends in our mezzanine/lounge area. The services we will be providing include, but are not limited to; scissor cuts, clipper work, beard trims, design work, shaves, and kids cuts. ACB will also be offering brading, manicures, pedicures, waxing, and neck/back massages as a rotating weekend pop up service in our mezzanine/lounge area. We will not be requiring barbers to do these additional services. This will be for independent partners who come in to do pop up day and weekend services.
- State Board Date for California Barbers License, Cross-over Licenses Encouraged
- Willingness to Work and Learn with Different Textured Hair/Styles
- Must be Comfortable Shaving or Willing to Learn
- Scissor and Clipper Cuts
- Coloring is Encouraged
- Braiding is Encouraged
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Work Weekends
- Full time or Part time; Commission Based
- Jovance salon is looking for a licensed cosmetologist to assist one of their master artists, Molly Carter, an Aveda alumni. Molly specializes in color, bridal services, and all textures of hair.
- must be licensed
- no experience required
- willing to learn
- hard worker
- available Wednesday through Saturday
- open mind to work with all textures and services
- $14 per hour + tips
Molly Carter(510) 557-6955
- Artist will be provided with hands on education and one on one training sessions. The goal is to get you on the floor doing what you love as soon as we can.
Population Salon is hiring two new full-time Salon Assistants!
- just recently graduated from beauty school/passed the state board -or- are about to graduate and have your State Board date set.
- have an awesome work ethic, a bright social disposition, are always punctual and passionate about your future career as a stylist.
- are looking for a progressive education program in both cut and color.
- have flexible availability, can work within the hours of 10:30am-8:15pm and weekends as needed.
- are interested in working/growing with a brand (in a fast-pace environment).
- have some fundamental experience on a salon floor, and/or an eager willingness to learn and commit to our brand and educational program.
- pride ourselves in offering one of the best education programs in San Francisco.
- have two beautiful locations — in the most exciting neighborhoods of SF — with great amenities.
- are genuinely interested in cultivating our teams for the long haul — meaning we care for you and your future as a professional!
We are looking for those who want to work in the capacity of a team and be part of building a successful, growing brand. Ideally, you have additional skills to contribute to the brand — creative, photographers, MUA, interested in editorial, administrative, managerial, etc.
Completion of program at Cinta Aveda or graduating within one month.
State Board certification completion or at least have a date within one month’s time.
- Salary: $15.00 per hour
537 Divisadero Street and 498 14th Street; San Francisco, California
Domingo Robledo, Assistant Managerdomingo.firstname.lastname@example.org; (415) 440-7677
- To apply, include a telling cover letter/email and let us know what you’re looking for in a salon. Please include your Instagram handle (professional/hair portfolio handle) and describe any recent work experience that may be relevant. Hiring window is open until these positions are filled in the best way possible (and hopefully that means you)!
Front Desk — Weekends
Harper Paige East is looking for a fabulous receptionist to cover weekend shifts in Oakland. Candidates must be available Saturday and Sunday from 9:30–5:30.
This position is the face of the salon, so a stylish and warm presence is essential. Duties include checking clients in and out, retail sales, booking appointments, keeping the salon tidy, and managing the flow of clients.
Accuracy in booking and attention to detail is a must! Knowledge of STX software is a plus!
Our Oakland salon is walkable to BART and offers plenty of street parking nearby. Please check out our Instagram @harperpaigesalons to get an idea of our salon’s personality and aesthetic vibe.
Availability Sundays from 9:30–5:30. The ideal candidate would be available Saturday and Sunday, but we may have some flexibility when it comes to Saturdays.
Focused, quick, and able to perceive needs and prioritize.
Front desk experience is highly desirable.
- $17 per hour
- complementary services
- discounted hair products
Harper Paige Salon
- Please apply with a resume and short cover letter. Thank you.
- Harper Paige Salon is looking for an amazing apprentice who would like to specialize in cutting. Full-time is preferred, but we can offer some flexibility for a great candidate. Some travel to our Oakland location may be required. Apprentices assist stylists in shampoos, blow-drys, color services, as well as keeping the salon tidy. We offer advanced training and a path to full stylist status. Please check us out on Instagram @harperpaigesalons to get feel for our daily inspirations and aesthetic vibes.
- California Cosmetology license or upcoming test date
- Motivation to attend advance training and provide models
- Friendly, upbeat, and client focused
- Team-player who is skilled at prioritizing tasks and anticipating needs
- 15/hr plus tips
- free advanced education
- complimentary services
- discounted styling products
Harper Paige Salon
San Francisco; Oakland
- Please apply with resume and short cover letter listing your top three style inspirations. Thank you.
- Seeking a skilled and professional stylist who is committed to building up their hair-cut clientele through mentorship from salon owner. Our salon space is cozy but functional and is located in Russian Hill within Salon Village, a space which houses a variety of beauty professionals. We are a part of a supportive community and looking for someone to bring positive and creative energy to the workplace.
There will be a 3 to 5–month apprenticeship trial, during which the stylist would be required to work two days per week. The schedule will follow this format:
- Day 1: shadow the owner for the full work day
- Day 2: demo a haircut on a model of the stylist’s choosing (you will be responsible for sourcing the models)
- Apprentice will work for tips during the trial period (20% of each service performed with salon owner for cut and color services). Upon completion of the apprenticeship, the new stylist will take over the majority of the salon owner’s haircut clientele and be added to the schedule two days per week. A commission program can be discussed in person.
1538 Pacific Ave. #103; San Francisco, California
- We prefer to have a stylist that specializes in haircutting and is serious about inheriting the salon owner’s clients. Please don’t hesitate to let me know about yourself and we can setup a time to meet at Wednesdae!
Our ideal candidate will have an active CMATC license, will be in good standing with both the City of Napa and the State of California, and will share our strong commitments to promptness, professionalism, and client safety.
We have created something here that sustains all seasons, and we are looking to fill these shifts: Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday from 10-6.
We provide every employee with extensive training to ensure mastery of our service protocols, so we greatly prioritize hard-working applicants with positive attitudes regardless of their skill level. Spa experience is a plus.
Check out our website to get a feel for us and our spa.
- CMATC license; available to work weekends
- $25 to $30 per hour; compensation amount does not include cash tips.
Blue Water Day Spa
Kimberly(707) 252-7079; If you think we might be right for you, please email us at email@example.com. Be sure to attach your resume, as applications lacking them won’t be considered. We will contact you within two business days to schedule an interview. We hope to hear from you soon!
Assistant — Part Time
Hey there! We are Angelina and Fionnuala of Dolled and Dapper Salon in the Lower Haight. We are looking for an amazing salon assistant to join our family. This is a great opportunity for someone fresh out of beauty school to get some awesome experience and training in a busy salon. One on one training will be offered in cutting, coloring, and styling with opportunity to learn other hair extras like treatments and extensions.
We are in a central location in between the Castro, SOMA, Pac Heights, and Noe Valley with numerous transportation options. The Lower Haight is a fun, eclectic, and hip neighborhood and we love it!
Part-time two to three days to start with the opportunity to get on the Salon floor and build you as a stylist!
- have completed beauty school
- an eagerness to grow and learn
- be a team player
- California license (or scheduled to take the exam in near future)
- provide education
- a fun, positive and creative environment
- opportunity to grow as a stylist on the floor (after completing specific education requirements)
- competitive wages and tips
- California Cosmetology Liscense
- Completion of Cosmetology program
- $15/hr plus tips
Dolled and Dapper Salon
316 Fillmore Street; San Francisco, CA 94117
Angelina or Fionnualadolledanddapper@yahoo.com, (415) 626-1490
- Opportunity available for licensed esthetician to build his or her career. Join our team of talented, passionate service providers in a full service setting. We specialize in the use and sale of Aveda products. Be part of a supportive team that meets all of our guests needs.
- Proficient in waxing and facials, goal oriented, and education driven
- hourly and commission
- health benefits
- vacation pay
Belli Capelli Aromatherapy Salon
1728 Divisadero Street; San Francisco, California
Mary Courtney(415) 346-4100
- Send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Skin Care & Color Consultant
- It’s all about our clients. That’s where you come in, to guide her on her beauty journey. It takes energy and confidence and teamwork. It takes authentic passion…not just about product, but about making a client’s day through teaching, inspiring, and playing—together. It takes skill, which Sephora goes above and beyond to instill in our associates through unparalleled training. You bring the passion, we’ll teach you everything you need to know.
- 1-3 years’ experience in the retail or service industry
- Flexible availability to work during “peak” retail hours such as nights, weekends, and holidays (required)
- Positive, friendly attitude with excellent client service and communication skills
- A passion for skincare products and sharing your expertise with others
2083 Union Street; San Francisco, CA 94123
Job responsibilities and duties:
- Perform client consultations in a professional manner, giving the guests the best options to fit their hair needs
- Perform hair services for guests such as shampooing, cutting, styling, coloring, and highlighting as desired
- Maintain safety standards and collaborate with the rest of the salon staff to keep the work area clean and create a pleasant atmosphere for clients
- Emphasizes product benefits and assist clients in the selection of Aveda retail products or services for their hair care needs
- Maintain a consistent relationship with guests in order to ensure repeat clients
- Proactively develop new guests through networking, self-promoting to current guests, and social media.
- Attend and participate in continuing education and training in order to follow new trends and techniques
- Meet and exceed benchmarks/goals set by Owners and Aveda for retail (RPCT & % of guests purchasing product), retention, prebooking, and service per service ticket (SPST)
- High school diploma/GED or higher required
- Valid cosmetology license issued by local state agency
- Minimum of one year working as a licensed cosmetologist
- Knowledge of the Aveda haircare and color line
- Competitive Pay, Flex-Schedule, Full & Part-time. Year-Round Education, Service and Retail Discounts. Closed Major Holidays, Summer and Winter Breaks. Stellar Salon/Stylists Reputation
The Parlor Aveda
Las Vegas, Nevada
- We currently have the one location in Las Vegas’s Centennial Hills area and a second location opening in September 2018 in the Summerlin area of Las Vegas. Please contact Doug for more information or check us out on social media @theparlorlv
- Hi. I have an Aveda salon in the Mission Area. I’m looking for someone who I can train (while assisting me) to take new clients. My salon is friendly and growing—all the other stylists are busy—and I am looking to grow.
- Professional, responsible, mature, and hardworking. Aveda color experience is definitely a plus.
- Competitive pay and opportunity for growth with the right individual.
Green Twig Salon has two boutique salons in San Francisco and we are looking for an Assistant Hair Stylist to grow with us and to join our team and work at our Noe Valley location, as well as our Union Street location. We are looking for someone who is awesome, has vision, is talented, and can work well with others.
We are an exclusive Aveda concept salon. We would love someone who has a little bit of experience behind them and is creative. We offer education thru Aveda as well as photo shoots and fashion shows during the year and a personalized education program with mentors tailored to the individual. We have a fantastic team to work with and learn from, and we are always inspired and looking for someone to grow with us.
If you are positive, eager, friendly, and focused, we would like to see your resume. Check us out on Instagram to see who we are and to see if you would be a good fit. @greentwigsalon, @dananelson_editorial_hair.
Looking forward to connecting with you!
- Licensed Cosmotologist
- Hourly plus commission
Green Twig Salon
1299 Church Street; San Francisco, California
- Please send resume and professional Instagram if you have one.
Public Barber Salon is looking for a new receptionist. Duties include:
- Folding towels
- Checking in and out clients
- Cleaning duties
- Good attitude!
- Negotiable hourly + cash tips
Public Barber Salon
North Beach; San Francisco, California
Chauntae MoorePublicbarbersalon@gmail.com. Feel free to email us your resume or stop in. Attach your social media if applicable so we can put a face to your resume.
Assistant — Full Time
Named ‘Best Salon’ by RackedSF and 7X7, and a Top 5 rated Salon on Yelp, Oro Salon is a high-end, non-pretentious, diverse salon in Downtown San Francisco/Union Square.
We are seeking a stylish, hardworking, and reliable full time candidate to be the right hand person in assisting our successful hair stylists, and learn the ropes of what it takes to work in a high-end salon.
Assistants working at ORO receive a day of one on one training with our in salon educators, once a week following multiple platforms including Sassoon, Toni & Guy, and Wella color. We pride ourselves in constantly furthering our education, and offering opportunities to grow. Our program is diligently tailored to each apprentice in both cutting and color services.
Assisting/apprenticing experience is not required for this opening; however, you must be a California licensed cosmetologist.
- Personable and friendly attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Fashion minded
- Ability to multitask
- Detail oriented
- Licensed Cosmetologist
- Minimum wage plus tips
305 Grant Avenue, Floor 2; San Francisco, California
Jarr Von Samuel(415) 563-7430. email@example.com. Come in with your resume and meet our team. Please send your resume by email with your social media links attached.
- We are looking to hire ASAP and will also accept externs. Thanks for your interest. We look forward to meeting you!
Hair Stylist Apprentice
Olive Hill Salon is an AVEDA and Kerastase salon located in Woodside with easy access to 280. We specialize in cut, color, and extensions. We are proud to have won Best Hair Salon in The Almanac’s Readers’ Choice award for the fourth year.
We invite newly licensed cosmetologists to join our associate training program. We have full or part-time options. Our associates learn the latest techniques in cut, coloring, and styling by working directly with a master stylist. Our program is a hands-on experience that provides on the job advanced training in technical skills, guest services, product knowledge, time management, and goal setting.
Upon completion of the program, associates will have the skills they need to transition onto the floor at Olive Hill as successful stylists. If you’re looking for a career—not just a job—our program provides you with a solid career path.
- Must have a valid cosmetology license
- Hourly wage plus comission on services and tips
Olive Hill Salon
2920 Woodside Road, Woodside, California
Arlene Tascian-RussellFor more information, please call or email us to schedule a meeting. We’d love to meet you! (650) 851-1150 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for multiple candidates to join our growing family at our recently remodeled and chic salon in a busy Danville shopping plaza. We are a full-service salon offering cuts, color, conditioning treatments, relaxers, perms, etc. and strongly believe that happy employees result in happy customers so we are committed to the overall well-being and development of all employees through flexibility, training, and competitive compensation.
We are seeking to fill the following positions in our salon.
- One Front Desk Coordinator/Receptionist — Must be able to work well with a team, is self-motivated, and possesses customer-centric attitude. Sample duties include: Answering phones, managing appointments, customer service, retail sales, general cleaning of salon etc.
- Three Full-time/Part-time stylists
- Two Commission based stylists — details will be discussed with the applicant
- Discussed with the applicant.
Diablo Beauty Salon
Assistant; Front Desk Coordinator; Rental Stylist
Bilancio is a busy upscale salon located in beautiful Marin County, in downtown San Rafael. We are currently looking for a part-time stylist assistant that is also capable and comfortable with some front desk duties.
This is a perfect position for someone who is interested in advancing their skills in cut, color, and customer service training. You will have the ability to work hand-in-hand with the owner on clients on the floor daily. This is a great way to introduce yourself to a new environment and make a lasting impression with clients as you begin to build your own clientele.
We are looking for someone who is responsible has great customer service skills, and who is a great communicator.
We are also looking for an upbeat front desk coordinator to join our family. Must be able to work well with a team, is self-motivated, and willing to go above and beyond for our guests. Being able to multi-task, prioritize, and problem solve are essential.
Duties include but are not limited to: Answering phones, booking appointments, problem solving, general cleaning of salon, customer service, and retail sales.
Finally, we are seeking a rental hair stylist for our beautiful salon location in downtown San Rafael. We are a dynamic team that offers Aveda and Oribe services and products. Our priority is to offer the ultimate guest experience. Aveda/Oribe trained preferred but not required as we have the tools to make you successful. This is a rental position so having a clientele is preferred.
We at Bilancio are all motivated, hard-working, and proactive about addressing concerns. We are healthy and self-aware professionals looking for the same to join our team.
- Must have passed the state board with a current California license.
- Has a positive work ethic, and is always punctual and passionate about your future career as a stylist.
- Interested in working/growing with a brand
- Basic computer skills necessary
- Customer service experience recommended
- Successful applicants will have a pleasant speaking voice and friendly demeanor, enjoy people and problem-solving, be able to work with others as a team while supporting company growth.
Front Desk Coordinator
- Being able to multi-task, prioritize, and problem solve are essential.
- Computer use is required.
- Current California license.
- Established Clientele
- Based on experience.
1414 4th Street San Rafael, CA 94901
Nina Pelfini(415) 460-6300; email@example.com. Please email a cover letter/resume and let us know what you’re looking for in a salon. Drop in applicants welcome.
- Schedule: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Full days.
- Cowboys & Angels Salon is currently seeking a full time Cutting or Color Apprentice who possesses and conveys a passion for the craft of hairdressing. As an Apprentice, you need to be a responsible person accountable for ensuring your continuous commitment to education and need to be a shining example of the highest standards that have been carefully established. You must be able to work closely with the fellow cut and color apprentices, service providers, and guests in a positive and proactive manner. As an active team player daily, you will help Cowboys & Angels live our mission by personally becoming impeccable with your thoughts, your words and your actions. A great Apprentice is organized, efficient and committed to continuous improvement and on-going technical training.
- Must be extremely motivated, possess excellent time management skills, and be able to effectively multitask.
- A passion for hair and customer service on all levels and the ability to make an incredible first impression.
- An outgoing and positive attitude with strong communication skills and the ability to successfully interact with a wide range of personalities.
- Team player with strong sense of integrity, accountability & responsibility.
- Must be California licensed or have a State Board test date on the horizon.
- Current San Francisco Minimum Wage, goes up to $15.00 per hour on July 1, 2018.
- Sick Pay.
- Vacation Pay after 1 year of employment.
- Health Insurance after 90 day probationary period.
- Complimentary services.
- Discounted retail products.
Cowboys & Angels
207 Powell Street, Suite 400; San Francisco, California
Michelle Hansencowboysandangels1@gmail.com. Please send a cover letter telling us a little bit about yourself along with an updated resume to the email address provided. We look forward to hearing from you!
Hair and Makeup Artist for Photo Shoots
We’re growing strategically—men’s e-commerce—and are built to last, valuing quality over quantity in our hiring choices. As a Hair and Makeup Artist for Touch Of Modern, you will have a variety of responsibilities in assisting with our photo shoots. Our team is looking for a bright and innovative individual to create hair and makeup styles that align with the Touch of Modern brand.
Please note this role is on call Monday–Friday from 10am–12pm.
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform hair style or up-do satisfactorily according to client request
- Self-motivated, creative thinker
- Ability to prioritize and strategize
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to work on a tight timeline
- Ability to adapt quickly and react positively to client requests and changes
- Versatile and have proven ability in make-up application and hair styling
- Able to produce fresh, innovative hair and make-up styles in a timely fashion
- Ability, and willingness, to adhere to verbal direction and creative critique
- Integrity, honesty, openness and a willingness to operate as a team player
- Awareness of latest trends
- Cosmetology license preferred
Touch of Modern is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Experience with hair styling and makeup for men’s fashion photography.
- $50 per day.
Touch of Modern
- Acknowledge and greet all Guests and offers friendly, prompt, and courteous service.
- Utilize product prescriptions sheets to prescribe professional salon products to all salon guests.
- Meet or exceed all individual sales and productivity goals.
- Attend all ULTA mandatory education events and workshops.
- Assist in store duties (e.g., filling and Salon retail displays and shelves).
- Adhere to salon dress code and ULTA Salon standards for guest service and cleanliness.
Use your skills, experience, & talents to be part of something beautiful!
- Licensed or certified to perform esthetics services as required by the state board of cosmetology.
- Proficiency with skincare, makeup, and hair removal services.
- Developed communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- To be discussed. Hourly or Commission.
The Salon at Ulta Beauty
2675 Geary Blvd., San Francisco, CA 94118
L’Marie (Salon Manager)(415) 202-0136; firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to email me.
- Acknowledge and greet all Guests and offer friendly, prompt, and courteous service.
- Utilize product prescriptions sheets to prescribe professional salon products to all salon guests.
- Meet or exceed all individual sales and productivity goals.
- Attend all ULTA mandatory educations events and workshops.
- Assist in store duties (e.g., filling Salon retail displays and shelves.)
- Adhere to ULTA Salon standards for guest service and cleanliness.
- Adhere to salon dress code, changing hair color and style frequently.
- Licensed Cosmetologist
- Team Player
- Hair Enthusiast
- To be discussed. Hourly or Commission.
The Salon at Ulta Beauty
2675 Geary Blvd., San Francisco, CA 94118
L’Marie (Salon Manager)(415) 202-0136; email@example.com
- Ulta Beauty is always looking for excited new stylists to help start their careers in the beauty industry. Any further questions? Feel free to email me.
Apprentice Hair Stylist
Wanted: Full-Time Hair Stylist. The ideal candidate is a fashion conscious, motivated individual with a fun personality and the ability to be creative. We are a specialized salon and our stylists either cut or color. L Salon offers a distinguished apprenticeship training program that keeps you up-to-date with the hottest trends. We are interested in hiring someone looking for an exciting career, and not merely another job.
This full-time position is Tuesday–Saturday, 8:30–5:30pm. The training program will include but not be limited to the following:
- Classes held by our master stylists for one hour, two days a week
- Taking live models provided by L Salon
- Assisting our designers and colorists on a daily basis
- Salon cleaning/maintenance
L Salon maintains exceptionally high standards and we are constantly looking to improve the quality of service for the customer. If you are a people person with a service-oriented personality, a great attitude, and are passionate about hair, we are looking to hire you.
- Must be a licensed hair stylist.
- You will receive $13.50 an hour while in training and then commission after graduation of the training program. We also offer complimentary cuts & product cost for color.
L Salon & Color Group
223 South San Mateo Drive; San Mateo, CA 94401
Kristen Johnsonkristen@lsalon.com; (650) 342-6668. Please drop off your resume in person Tuesday through Friday and ask for Kristen, or email your resume directly.
- Full- or part-time hair station available for either rent or commission based. Our salon is based on client satisfaction and establishing a loyal clientele.
- Monthly rent or commission split of 60/40. We provide all back bar.
Catalina’s Skin & Body
721 West Napa Street; Sonoma, California
Theresa Gonzalez(707) 933-3860
Stylist — Part-Time
Blow Dry Salon, coming soon, needs motivated candidates, part-time at first. All blow drys services will be provided with the highest quality, delivering high costumer satisfaction in a genuine, warm and friendly atmosphere.
- Our most important mission with our new candidates is to be motivated and want to grow with us as a company.
- Compensation will be discussed with the candidate.
Holistic SPA LLC
255 King Street Suite C; San Francisco, California
- Master colorist seeking a career driven person who’s great at multitasking, has a positive attitude, is hardworking, and awesome to assist at upscale Alex Chases Salon. This is an excellent opportunity to train in a high-end atmosphere. If you are just starting your career as a cosmetologist and are determined to make it as a successful colorist, email your resume.
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- California Cosmetology License/Cosmetology Student
- Ability to take direction and work under pressure
- Extraordinary customer service skills
- $17 per hour + tips and income growth potential
Alex Chases Salon
Marlinda’s is a luxury spa providing services to clients since 1992. It is a busy, well-established spa, located in the center of downtown Burlingame. We have a small deeply committed team. Currently, we are looking for full- and part-time Estheticians to join our team. It goes without saying that your grooming and manner must be perfectly polished. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and dedicated professional.
- Perform a variety of treatments: facials, peels, waxing, brow/lash, and make-up application. If waxing is not your preference, please bypass this ad.
- Provide excellent customer service before, during, and after an appointment.
- Make product recommendations to guests and contribute to monthly sales goals.
- Set up and maintain a clean work environment.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
- Must possess a current and valid California Esthetician license.
- One year of work experience as an Esthetician is preferred with some knowledge of soft wax application, but willing to train the right candidate.
- Must have customer service experience.
- Sales experience preferred. Familiar with SkinCeuticals is a plus!
- Must have a flexible schedule. Available to work some evenings and weekends.
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable to speak with people, and a warm manner.
- Willingness to take initiative; ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Social media savvy is a plus.
- In addition to hourly and commission compensation, you’ll receive a commission on sales, and company perks.
Marlinda’s MOD Skincare
Nisha Szewczyk, Operations ManagerPlease email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Belli Capelli Aromatherapy Salon is hiring an assistant stylist to work with three busy hairstylist. Position requires shampooing and finishing work, as well as supporting the salon in all areas needed. This is an apprenticeship program that lasts approximately six months. We are seeking an individual who wants to commit to education and their career. We are an Aveda Salon and commited to beauty, wellness, and teamwork.
- Within a month of graduation or California licensed.
- Hourly rate, commision, and benefits
Belli Capelli Aromatherapy Salon
Mary Courtney(415) 722-9987. Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Hair Stylist Assistant
- Available: a full time position as an assistant in a very welcoming and warm environment. Opportunities for growth and progression are based on self motivation. You will have the opportunity to study under stylists with 15-25 years of experience. You will learn techniques to color, cut, blowdrying, and upstyling. The program moves with your pace and your motivation. Being in a smaller salon atmosphere, you have the opportunity to be the only assistant and really get the full attention you need to become a master stylist.
- You are required to be on time, bring in a model a week, and assist with light reception/cleaning duties. You will be required to stock shelves and learn about the products we carry (Bumble & Bumble and Davines). You will learn color formulation, application, assist with shampoos, blowdries and observing color application and haircutting.
- To be determined.
Antonio Cristillo(415) 420-1075
We are currently hiring energetic and enthusiastic Massage Therapists to join the XpresSpa team in the San Francisco Airport. This is an amazing opportunity for those Massage Therapists that want to join the industry leader. If you are looking for a place to increase your earning potential, join us. No need for clientele, we’ll bring the customers to you.
In this role you will:
- Consult with our customers, determine their needs, and provide best in class services
- Embrace an entrepreneurial spirit to drive great personal results
- Maintain a relaxing environment for our travelers
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Current license/certification in California for your specialty
- High energy for delivering exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication skills: engaging, personable, and a team player
As a member of the XpresSpa team you will receive:
- Competitive commission package including a commission on all retail products sold
- Full benefits package eligibility: medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid maternity, tuition reimbursement, and more…
- Flexible schedule and paid time off
- Discounts on XpresSpa products
San Francisco Airport; South San Francisco, California
Erica Mares(650) 451-5514; firstname.lastname@example.org
REME is an on-demand app that delivers customized massage and stretch therapy to client’s homes.
If it feels too good to be true, it’s probably us. We’re bringing relaxed bodies into the 21st century. We believe in easing aches and pains, not creating them. We’re here to help clients feel their best, whenever and wherever they may need us.
The REME app is looking for talented and enthusiastic massage & stretch therapists in San Francisco and the surrounding area to join our family. As a REME Expert, you will accept client requests through the REME Expert App. We strive to perform these services at the client’s home, office, or hotel on the client’s schedule.
Why Work for REME?
- Be Your own Boss — Experts don’t follow the rules, they make them. As a REME Expert, and an Independent Contractor, you’re in control of your schedule.
- Make More Money — Our Experts are the heart and soul of REME. As an Expert, you earn up to 70% commission plus 100% gratuity. That’s higher than any of our competitors!
- A REME Community — The group of individuals that make up the REME family are just that; REME. We are proudly comprised of fun, friendly, and creative people.
- A bonus just for being you — Earn points with each completed service, which add up to amazing cash rewards. Enjoy a massage on us every 90 days, and when you refer other therapists who become REME Experts, you get rewarded too! $20 is rewarded if REME hires the referral. Service rewards are dependent on services performed.
Do you have what it takes? Experts are required to have all of the following:
- Valid form of US Identification
- Massage Certificate in the state of California
- Proof of liability insurance
We currently have an exciting full-time opportunity for a seasoned stylist at our Santa Monica location. For over 30 years, Ouidad has been the global leader in caring for natural textures and curls.
Learn how to cut and care for every type of curl. We are a full-service salon offering cuts, color, conditioning treatments, relaxers, perms, etc.
- Must have open availability
- Valid California cosmetology license
- Reliable transportation
We value our stylists and offer:
- Competitive commissions
- Guaranteed day rate of $150/day for the first six months
- Vision, dental, and health
- Free haircuts for yourself and a spouse
- Free monthly products
- An amazing work atmosphere and more!
- We have openings for a recent grad to gain experience working behind the chair. Competitive program to get you on the floor and seeing clients of your own. Regular class schedule to prepare you for the future. Great pay and benefits available. Check us out on Instagram @futurevanitynovelty
- Current Student or Recent Grad
- Minimum wage, tips, and commission on services
5405 College Ave., Oakland, CA 94618
- Externship program available as well!
Receptionist needed for upbeat barber shop
Blades Co. is a fast-paced environment with a growing clientele. We are focused on customer satisfaction and comfort.
- Looking for a Full/Part-time upbeat front desk receptionist for a fast paced barber shop! We are looking for someone who is great at multi-tasking, answering phones, doesn’t mind cleaning, and has excellent customer service.
- $14 per hour
Blades Co. Barber Shop
13 Columbus Ave., San Francisco, California
Makeup Artist/On Camera Host
Collective Press is looking for a creative make-up artist/on-camera model/host to join our San Francisco office. We are digital media startup making online videos in lifestyle verticals: make-up, hair styling, nail painting, cooking, DIY, hacks, and more. You’ll be immersed in learning the best of digital and social media content.
This is a part-time/full-time position in the San Francisco office.
- Work on video shoots as stylist/make-up artist & on-camera model/host
- Contribute ideas for new makeup/beauty videos
- Assist with production of styling videos to spec from start to finish: shopping and prepping materials in advance, being in the video (the “hands and face”), and video wrap up
- Be able to execute on the make-up techniques both on yourself and on others
- Ability to work with other members of the team to help produce video to spec
- Manage and order all supplies for videos in organized manner
- Other admin tasks as assigned
Collective Press is a digital media startup company that was founded in 2014 by serial entrepreneurs from Berkeley, Stanford, and UPenn. It owns several digital publications spanning a variety of topics: news, trending stories, home, cooking, diy, and more.
- Experience and passion for make-up/styling
- Strong, interesting, and dynamic on-camera personality and appearance
- Operate well in deadline-driven environment
- Be able to operate a DSLR camera (or open to learning how)
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Self-starter and team player
- Must be authorized to legally work in the United States.
- Competitive depending on experience
Aneesa Smith(510) 709-5339.
Please apply with the following:
- Sample video demonstrating your make-up skills. This is a requirement. Make a short 1–2 minute video (can be taken with your mobile phone) to show us what you can do makeup wise. There must be at least a portion of the video where you are speaking.
- Samples of your makeup work
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Collective Press will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Sassoon, internationally renowned for precision haircuts, creative color, and cutting edge style, is interviewing for a full time assistant in our San Francisco salon
For more information on our company please visit our website.
You must have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively
- Interact with a variety of people
- You must have a California Cosmetology license.
- $14 per hour
- Paid vacation/sick time
- Medical/dental/401k after one year’s employment
- Sassoon training
- Free hair services
- Discounted products
and much more…
359 Sutter Street; San Francisco, CA 94108
Susan Nahorney, Salon Director
Hair Stylist Apprentice
Friendly professional atmosphere. Pleasanton full service Aveda Concept Salon. Team-oriented, clean, and professional salon.
We are looking for individuals with positive energy. Must be people friendly, and enjoy working in a team environment. Salon has been established for over 20 years. We are a great group of positive and fun professionals. Enjoy a fun team environment you can call home.
- Cosmetology license
- Continued education
- Quarterly Aveda appreciation ordering.
- Hourly plus commission/bonus salon.
- Medical and Dental offered for full-time employment.
- 401k plan
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation
The Image Salon & Day Spa
3037D Hopyard Road; Pleasanton, CA 94588
Jennifer Locy(925) 484-3650; email@example.com
- Please email your resume, or fax (925) 484-4823
Hairstylist and Esthetician
Stylist or Barber
We are looking for a new team member as a hair stylist or barber. We are a family style shop that includes services for men, women, and children. Position is full-time. We are open Tuesday-Saturday from 9am-6pm.
We are committed to customer service and want to provide a warm, friendly environment for our customers and provide great service.
- Hold current California state approved license for cosmetologist or barber.
- Commission based.
514 Tamalpais Drive, Corte Madera, CA 94925
- (415) 924-2430. Send a resume or give me a call. We are in need of help.